Attached Thumbnails pro3-prp1.jpg  
We Are Ninja likes this.
Old 12-03-2002, 11:10 PM
Tech Elite

Default PRP upper deck

Hey guys;

1) Thanks for the link to PRP.

2) Man that upper deck is UGLY.

3) Thad Garner from HPI does NOT recommend mounting ANY type of upper deck to the Steering posts. It can cause the chassis to remain tweeked after a crash/hit. HPI's upper deck does NOT use the steering posts for mounting.

Think I'll just race without an upper deck for now and wait until I feel the need for a new ESC. With the electronics moved back, there is plenty of room to R & R the batteries with the HPI Deck.

Thanks for your comments,
Old 12-04-2002, 01:10 AM
Tech Master

the HPI upper deck has mounting screws into the steering post too. Just don't use them if it a concern.
Old 12-04-2002, 10:14 AM
Tech Elite

Default HPI upper deck

Newracer;

I HAVE a HPI upper deck (not installed) and the instructions tell you to NOT mount to the steering posts. The screws go UNDER the deck and into the posts even though the deck has holes for them.
Old 12-08-2002, 05:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Locked Differential

has anybody tried this on their pro3????

Thanks!!

Lem
Old 12-08-2002, 07:14 AM
Tech Elite

no, but i was thinking of making a home-made one
Old 12-08-2002, 06:21 PM
Tech Elite

Default Locked FRONT Differential

Guys;

Locking the Front differential on the Pro-3 would cause the car to push more entering corners. Unless you are running Mod with all of the Graphite Chassis hop-ups. I would not recommend this on a Pro-3 as they ALREADY push in the front as it is.
The car responds well to less caster in the front ( 6 degrees or less) and also with a front one-way diff.
Old 12-08-2002, 07:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Locked FRONT Differential

Originally posted by popsracer
Guys;

Locking the Front differential on the Pro-3 would cause the car to push more entering corners. Unless you are running Mod with all of the Graphite Chassis hop-ups. I would not recommend this on a Pro-3 as they ALREADY push in the front as it is.
The car responds well to less caster in the front ( 6 degrees or less) and also with a front one-way diff.
sorry dude...i've gotta disagree wif u on tis...i've ran the pro 3 wif a home made front locked diff(epoxy and screwed the front diff together) and it doesn push...what u need to do is to hold throttle while makin a turn (tats where u gain corner speed)...

my 2 cents...
Old 12-08-2002, 08:05 PM
Tech Elite

Default What is the Advantage

Ozoned;

So what is the advantage of a locked diff over a One-way Front diff?
Almost everyone who races a Pro-3 will tell you that the car needs MORE steering and a LOCKED Front Diff is doing the opposite. Also now the Front tires cannot rotate at Different speeds in the corners so your gonna be scrubbing off speed because of this.
I could see in Mod class on a huge track, but I still think Double One-Ways are going to give you faster lap times over a Locked Diff set-up.

Just my opinion, you don't have to agree with it.
Old 12-08-2002, 08:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

popsracer: no worries...its gd to hav tis kind of discussion...no hard feelings intended or any taken...we should b open minded

recently i read tat some tracks did not allow the use of one-ways, thus some of the drivers experimented wif locked front diff with very gd result...thus bein gullible i oso tried (ran oneways on my pro2, but not on my pro3 cos its too ex) and i like the way it handled...corner speed is gd and one tink abt using the locked front diff is tat u do not need to take tat "cetain line" like if u use oneways....btw i run in a small and tight track...but if i were given a chance to run in a wide, open track i will go for oneways, they're more efficient...
Old 12-08-2002, 08:46 PM
Tech Elite

Default Locked into One-ways

Ozone;

I also read about the Locked Front Diffs, but I believe that was for the TC3's and the XXXS running in MOD. I only run Stock with my Pro-3 so it doesn't have the power. I DO have a Friend that uses a Front Spool in his Yokomo Nitro GT4 and claims to like it very much. (I'm still faster with my Reflex NT)
Attached Thumbnails pro3-our-cars-003.jpg  

Last edited by popsracer; 12-08-2002 at 08:51 PM.
Old 12-08-2002, 09:50 PM
Tech Master

HPI drivers, including Hara, where using locked front diffs and the Reedy Race. Oneways were not allowed.
Old 12-12-2002, 05:08 AM
Tech Elite

ttt
Old 12-12-2002, 07:16 AM
Tech Regular

Actually we weren’t using spools. We were just adjusting are diffs to be very tight.
Old 12-12-2002, 09:35 AM
Tech Elite

Default Installing an Upper Deck

Thad Garner;

What would I expect to see from my Pro-3 by installing the HPI upper Deck.

What changes if any, should I make to the set-up. I'm running in Stock Class and using a front One-way.

Thanks,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.