R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-23-2008, 08:19 AM   #16
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by LOSI123 View Post
If 17.5 turn is going to be the norm soon for stock, the pinion manufacturers in my opinion should start making much larger pinion gears than whats currecnty available in both 48pitch and 64pitch.

As on large out door tracks im sure the recomended novak gearing of 3.5FDR will not be enough to stay competitive, i think we all know that.

Cars like Xray T2 with really low internal ratio will be fine but what about others that have other brands with relitivly high internal ratios,

Even if i change my cyclone to the 18t centre pulleys and get the biggest pinion and smallest spur i can find, its still not the lowest im sure i will have to go, and even then the motor mount cant slide the motor any closer anyway to reach the tiny spur)
Once the classes settle down, the car makers will change the pulleys in the cars to suit. Wouldn't one expect that there will be alternative pulleys available as options to help drivers, and boost sales?
SlowerOne is offline   Reply With Quote