Associated RC12R5

Associated RC12R5

Old 06-23-2008, 08:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC MARKET
center have how many type spring ?
because HK not have , STD spring not have good feel
you can use any center springs or side springs fom CRC as well for the R5..
Old 06-23-2008, 11:56 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by alana07
you can use any center springs or side springs fom CRC as well for the R5..
ASSOCIATED was release new spring ?
Old 06-23-2008, 03:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sean Cochran
We haven't had much experience yet with these motors in 1/12th, I do know that the gears are big. I think 13.5 will roll out around 60 mm and 17.5 might be 70mm or higher.
Sean, spur/pinion, most people dont talk rollout. most use 88, 98, 100 spur.
Old 06-23-2008, 03:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

in 1/12th we only talk rollout. ask the 3 wise men of 1/12. with just talking spur and pinion you could be way off on gear. just to give you an idea with 76 spur, i use pinions from 39-45. just depends on tire size. so rollout is the onlyw ay to convay gearing correctly.t he only question is standard or metric
Old 06-23-2008, 04:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

That is how you are winning Yang... you have everyone at our track concerned with Spur/Pinion instead of rollout!
Old 06-23-2008, 05:31 PM
P2
Tech Fanatic

What, Yang winning? I'll put my money on Carlos
Old 06-23-2008, 05:57 PM
Tech Elite

not me. I lost the last 2 weekends. lol

i am trying to help out one of our newbies and will be running his R5 this weekend to get a setup that will work at our carpet track. the stock setup was ok, bu tnot fast and you could not drive it hard. we will see what I can do. I have already rebuild the whole thing. don't like the shocks. the plastic topa nd bottom caps are too soft and have a tendency to crossthread. also I had to replace the front lower balls with irs one. they were looser then the stock ones that came with his kit. I did tell him to call Assoc to get replacement lower arms.
Old 06-23-2008, 06:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by theisgroup
in 1/12th we only talk rollout. ask the 3 wise men of 1/12. with just talking spur and pinion you could be way off on gear. just to give you an idea with 76 spur, i use pinions from 39-45. just depends on tire size. so rollout is the onlyw ay to convay gearing correctly.t he only question is standard or metric
At the carpet nats in Omaha and running a 17.5 in stock, we where rolling out anywhere from 78 to 90 depending on which motor, timing & tire diameter. Of course, on carpet the tires where pretty small. I think around 43mm on the rears. Our pinion gears looked like pizza pans!!!
Old 06-23-2008, 06:42 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Crashby
At the carpet nats in Omaha and running a 17.5 in stock, we where rolling out anywhere from 78 to 90 depending on which motor, timing & tire diameter. Of course, on carpet the tires where pretty small. I think around 43mm on the rears. Our pinion gears looked like pizza pans!!!
that is my point exactly. For club racing I run from 46mm rear tire down to the wheel on a prizm. so there really is no way to just talk pinion and spur. it is all about roll out.

I did not find that much difference between motors. I had a chance to run the losi, lrp novak, speed passion. and really the roll out on our track was betweek 78 and 80. I never went as high as 90mm and found anything about 81 really slowed the car down anywhere from .1-.2 a lap. 90 is pretty tall
Old 06-23-2008, 08:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Sean,

Saw from some photos that Barry was running a 12R5 at the nats last weekend....

How did it hold up?

Had to have some fun with that.
Old 06-24-2008, 08:06 AM
Tech Master

don't like the shocks. the plastic topa nd bottom caps are too soft and have a tendency to crossthread.
Don't like the shocks!!! That is C-Main talk.

It was a concern for me when I saw I was putting a plastic ball cup on a metal shock body but it threaded on correctly for me. I actually measured the depth of the threads then determined how much of the shock body would be used. It certainly felt like some meat hands, like yourself, could easily cross thread or strip out the threads.
Old 06-24-2008, 04:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Please before I say what Im gonna say Dont flame me dont take offense. BULLS**T!!!! This rollout crap is stupid if you are way off you will know because the car goes slow DUH!! Once you are in the ballpark then all you do is adjust pinion 1-2 sizes up or down so you clear jumps for offroad or have some torque for either off or onroad or in the case of on road make run time. 12th is the easiest because the final drive on them is one to one. As far as touring car thats why i dont race it. I like to race not pull out my lap top and struggle thru chinese math problems to find the a friggin gear ratio! Of course Im embellishing to be funny but what im saying is true.
I raced in Socal in the early eighties and ninties and rollout may have existed but just like the other guy said you ask what pinion and spur you running and went from there and it worked just fine. Screw rollout walk up to somebody at the track ask them what they are running and leave your laptop and scientific calculator at home and RACE!!!!!
Old 06-24-2008, 04:27 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Bubonic-X
Please before I say what Im gonna say Dont flame me dont take offense. BULLS**T!!!! This rollout crap is stupid if you are way off you will know because the car goes slow DUH!! Once you are in the ballpark then all you do is adjust pinion 1-2 sizes up or down so you clear jumps for offroad or have some torque for either off or onroad or in the case of on road make run time. 12th is the easiest because the final drive on them is one to one. As far as touring car thats why i dont race it. I like to race not pull out my lap top and struggle thru chinese math problems to find the a friggin gear ratio! Of course Im embellishing to be funny but what im saying is true.
I raced in Socal in the early eighties and ninties and rollout may have existed but just like the other guy said you ask what pinion and spur you running and went from there and it worked just fine. Screw rollout walk up to somebody at the track ask them what they are running and leave your laptop and scientific calculator at home and RACE!!!!!
you are right. who needs roll out? i just like impressing the girl with my trust slide ruler. so good luck with that and by the way novak will sell you a refurb 17.5 for around $50 with exchange. lol
Old 06-24-2008, 04:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

you are right. who needs roll out? i just like impressing the girl with my trust slide ruler. so good luck with that and by the way novak will sell you a refurb 17.5 for around $50 with exchange. lol
by the way novak will sell you a refurb 17.5 for around $50 with exchange. lol
!!!!!
Old 06-24-2008, 05:41 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Bubonic-X

I am going to flame because this is the most idiot way of thinking. you don't need to deal with roll out if your tires stay the same size. so you won't need it in off road, you won't need it running rubber tire in sedan.

I will try to explain the need for roll out without the formulas, because you are obviously not smarter then a fifth grader. this is for 1/12 which is the thread that we are in.

this weekend will be my last run on a set of tires. my rear tires are 42mm. with a 45 pinion and a 76 spur, my roll out is 78.126mm. that is one turn of the motor will put my car 78.126mm down the track. now next weekend I will be on a new set of tires. I start them at 46mm. with the same gear, my roll out is 85.567mm. that is 7.441mm furthur down the track. at 7.441mm larger roll out, I believe that a novak 17.5 will be in teh 200 deg F range. at least for our track. that means new motor to you. even at 2 teeth lower your roll out would be 81.764. that will put you .2-.3 a lap slower then my average lap. since we are doing 42 laps on our track, you would be 8.4-12.6 seconds slower. that puts you any where from 1-2 laps down from our track pace. by the way the fast lap for 1/12 on our current layout is 10.88. I have found 1 teeth + or - would yield lap time that are .1-.2 slower. so is roll out important? it is soo important, that the guys I race with are now carrying a built up diff with a 76 and a 78 tooth spur. to get that 1/2 tooth pinion rations. I have uploaded an excel spreadsheet several time that works for lots of guys at my track. if you have a phone that runs excel, then it will work for you. you just enter pinion, spur, tire size and internal ratio and it calculates rollout for -4 thru +4 pinion and -3 thru +3 spurs.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.