Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Associated RC12R5 >

Associated RC12R5

Associated RC12R5

Old 06-15-2009, 12:53 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty

Hopefully before Vegas . . .
Team Associated now has a carpet track near them. (OCRC) Hopefully we can talk them into publishing a one cell lipo on carpet setup soon.

If not I'll be forced to spy on them in the pits.
Old 06-15-2009, 01:10 PM
AE-Reedy

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HB Moose
Team Associated now has a carpet track near them. (OCRC) Hopefully we can talk them into publishing a one cell lipo on carpet setup soon.

If not I'll be forced to spy on them in the pits.
Don't have any problem letting everyone know about the set up. I went and ran some packs on Saturday after racing and I'm still not seeing where the car requires the set up to be changed much from 4 cell. I did try .018" front springs and gold spring with 25 wt oil in the center shock. Mostly I was trying to find some way to smooth out the "waves". The biggest issue I'm having is with tires and the "build up" I am getting on the fronts. If time allows I might race on Tuesday.
Old 06-15-2009, 01:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

What kinda tires are you running? Whats the grip like at OCRC? We've found saucing the whole fronts helps keep the tires from glazing. That and making sure nothing but paragon is used on the carpet. We used to spray traction action to get more grip, until we found it was causing glazing.
Old 06-15-2009, 03:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 107 (99%+)

Andrew...

At OCRC. ( ocrcracway.com ) we run only Jack the Gripper tire sauce. Its a med - high bite CRC carpet. We are having the front tires glaze up. The glazing occurs on the outer half of the tire, where no sauce is applied. We have to clean it each run with motor spray...Any other suggestions...

Last edited by lbckevin; 06-15-2009 at 04:28 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-15-2009, 03:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Lipo receiver pack

Couple of questions for those running a receiver pack. If I use a lipo receiver pack 300mah do I have to charge it in a lipo sack? Second question is how and where are people mounting the receiver pack? especially if it has to be removed and charged in a lipo sack any quick release for recharge?
Old 06-15-2009, 04:18 PM
AE-Reedy

Originally Posted by Cubic$Racing
Couple of questions for those running a receiver pack. If I use a lipo receiver pack 300mah do I have to charge it in a lipo sack? Second question is how and where are people mounting the receiver pack? especially if it has to be removed and charged in a lipo sack any quick release for recharge?
ROAR rules exclude Rx packs from the lipo sack rule. Just mount it any where
convenient.
Old 06-15-2009, 04:50 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by lbckevin
Andrew...

At OCRC. ( ocrcracway.com ) we run only Jack the Gripper tire sauce. Its a med - high bite CRC carpet. We are having the front tires glaze up. The glazing occurs on the outer half of the tire, where no sauce is applied. We have to clean it each run with motor spray...Any other suggestions...
I would see if I could run a harder front tire and sauce the whole thing and see if you still got the glaze. I suspect if you sauced the whole tire you run currently you'd get some serious over steer.

We had the exact same problem with the to make it work. glazing on the portion of the tire we didn't sauce. It went away once we started saucing the whole tire and made the adjustments to our setups. Were in a little different situation though as we are usually looking for more grip as we run on med bite carpet. What compound tires are y'all running in 13.5 12th?

I don't know how well everyone at your track sticks to the jtg rule, but if you've had different compounds in the carpet you might try giving it a good vacuuming and then make sure nothing but JTG is used and see if the glazing goes away. When we realized the traction action we were spraying was causing the glazing we used our trusty rainbow vacuum on the whole carpet. It sucks up pretty much all the groove and then we started over only spraying acetone and paragon when needed. We haven't seen the problem since then.

Originally Posted by Cubic$Racing
I think I saw someone say that roar would not be requiring the use of a lipo sack to charge the receiver packs, and I don't think Scotty is either. I could be wrong though. If we do have to remove it I would probably use velcro or the like . . .
Old 06-15-2009, 06:30 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

i couldnt wait around for roar to change in time for nats (in our backyard). so i'm offloading mine. i know i'll kick myself in the end. but oh well wouldnt be the 1st time.

the ohp booster is proving itself well over in this neck of the woods

R
Old 06-16-2009, 07:01 AM
Tech Master

Hi guys, does anyone happen to know if AE are going to release their 12th car with the new rear pod from the oval car as part of the kit setup? Or will it be a seperate up grade? I am thinking of getting the chassis but will wait a little bit longer if the new parts are going to be included. Cheers guys, Chris.
Old 06-16-2009, 07:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wingman2
Hi guys, does anyone happen to know if AE are going to release their 12th car with the new rear pod from the oval car as part of the kit setup? Or will it be a seperate up grade? I am thinking of getting the chassis but will wait a little bit longer if the new parts are going to be included. Cheers guys, Chris.
If they havnt put the 10r5 rear pod in the kit yet I wouldnt hold your breath on the other pod being in the kit.

DK
Old 06-16-2009, 07:38 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ultegrasti
i couldnt wait around for roar to change in time for nats (in our backyard). so i'm offloading mine. i know i'll kick myself in the end. but oh well wouldnt be the 1st time.

the ohp booster is proving itself well over in this neck of the woods

R
Whats an OHP booster? link .. .?
Old 06-16-2009, 07:59 AM

contact OHP (thru lefthander), voltage booster instead of a rx battery. its the ticket.

R
Old 06-16-2009, 09:42 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ultegrasti
contact OHP (thru lefthander), voltage booster instead of a rx battery. its the ticket.

R
I searched and looked but I didn't see any mention of anything OHP on the lefthander site or of anything other than the Novak booster. Am I missing something?
www.lefthander-rc.com
Old 06-16-2009, 01:31 PM
AE-Reedy

Just a quick list of the set up I used on Saturday at OCRC.

Jaco Prism Pink front with JtG 1/2 front 43 mm
.018" springs with 30k on kingpin
5 Dgr. re-active
+1.80 caster
3mm spacer between arm and blkhd
.015" spacer on axle
4.4mm ride ht.

Center shk
AE 25 wt. with Gold spring
Shk mnt pos 2
lipo mounted forward

Jaco Prism Yellow rear JtG full Rear 45.5mm
Gold side springs w AE 35 wt side shock
10R5 rear pod rear width 172mm
4.8mm ride ht.
Protoform Speed 12 lwt
Lrp SPX w LRP 13.5t 49/78

If I forgot anything just ask and I will fill in the blanks.
The only 2 changes from my "normal" set up is the .018" front springs and the gold spring and oil in the center shock. Both of those were more to try and help the ride through the bumps.
Old 06-16-2009, 01:33 PM

must not be up there yet. supposed to be back in 2wks. contact the folks at OHP for them.

http://ohiohobbyplus.com/

R

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.