R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-21-2009, 02:31 PM   #1006
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Nj
Posts: 284
Send a message via AIM to TomElEctric!
Default 23

Thanks mike im going to be ordering this amazing item

BTW you guys think i should just throw in a stock esc and motor? for some practice? becuase i wont be able to afford any brushless till i save
__________________
Tc4 Stock / 1/12 pan car! /

Selling tc4 160!

Tom :D
TomElEctric! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 02:33 PM   #1007
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: MI
Posts: 1,544
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to John St.Amant Send a message via MSN to John St.Amant Send a message via Yahoo to John St.Amant
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomElEctric! View Post
Is it worth getting this car if its my first time driving a pan car?
I believe its one of if not the best 12th car out. Get it and forget it . I love mine. Too bad no one can make up their minds what combinations of gear to run in it. I perfer 13.5 and single cell lipos . but roar sees it differently.
John St.Amant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 05:57 PM   #1008
Tech Fanatic
 
DHMOTORSPORTS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Central IL.
Posts: 836
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomElEctric! View Post
Thanks mike im going to be ordering this amazing item

BTW you guys think i should just throw in a stock esc and motor? for some practice? becuase i wont be able to afford any brushless till i save
You will be fine. We are still doing it old school here as well. 19turn 4 cell. All of our fast guys went back to the 19 for rip off the corner or just plain ol horsepower as the put it..
__________________
Trinity / Team Epic / ReVtech Batteries / TRC / F-Bomb Graphix
DHMOTORSPORTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 06:59 PM   #1009
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Northern & Central Illinois
Posts: 4,337
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHMOTORSPORTS View Post
You will be fine. We are still doing it old school here as well. 19turn 4 cell. All of our fast guys went back to the 19 for rip off the corner or just plain ol horsepower as the put it..
I can attest to that. They all dropped the 13.5 in favor of the 19 Checkpoint Money motor and I think it was one of the best, and closest, 1/12 racing I've seen in years. The cars are noticably quicker, their lap times were quicker, their cars turned quicker. Also the tire wear is lower since they weigh less than the BL.

I may drop one into my car just to see if I can close that .75 sec gap.
AreCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 04:44 PM   #1010
Tech Elite
 
Jerry P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Astoria, NY
Posts: 2,436
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John St.Amant View Post
I know that ... I have one . But once I found out about the centering parts for brushless motors, it took about 2 months for the hobby store to get them. I just wanted to know why associated doesnt sell the kit with the correct parts in it . Its a ploy to get us to blow another 50 bucks on parts. Kinda crappy p.r. dont you think? I know ppl that didnt get the car because they couldn't get it the way they wanted. CENTERED FOR BRUSHLESS!
John: what car comes with the pod center for BL motors? I am in the market for a 1/12 and would like one that comes ready for BL.
__________________
Jerry P
Awesomatixusa - Side Piece Racing - LRP - Sweep Racing Tires - Mike L Designs - TQ Wires - Crispy Critters Raceway

www.awesomatixusa.com
Jerry P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 05:16 PM   #1011
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: MI
Posts: 1,544
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to John St.Amant Send a message via MSN to John St.Amant Send a message via Yahoo to John St.Amant
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry P View Post
John: what car comes with the pod center for BL motors? I am in the market for a 1/12 and would like one that comes ready for BL.
Well the 10R5 does lol... I love that car which is why I got the 12R5.
The thing is that to make it right you have to get these 4 parts and it isnt available in kit form. So it drives the cost of the car another $50.
As far as which other cars are centered I'm not sure on that. Some one on here might read this and tell us if theirs is or not. Mine is , now anyways.
John St.Amant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 05:26 PM   #1012
Tech Elite
 
corallyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Edmonds, Wash
Posts: 4,359
Trader Rating: 98 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John St.Amant View Post
I believe its one of if not the best 12th car out. Get it and forget it . I love mine. Too bad no one can make up their minds what combinations of gear to run in it. I perfer 13.5 and single cell lipos . but roar sees it differently.
Are you actually saying ROAR should change their rules for 1 battery pack by SMC that is the only one on the market. They don't even sell one yet for the tbar cars. When the time is right and if it proves to be the correct "formula" then I'm sure it will be added. Let's not rush into a new class just for a single lipo pack.

Steve
__________________
Team ORCA / ORCA USA / Pro Spec
Serpent America / Team Serpent S411 ERYX / On Point Racing OP12C, S120 / Xceed Products
Hangar 30 / Seattle RC Racers
Fasttrax Racing Series / NORA On Road Series
corallyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 05:33 PM   #1013
Tech Elite
 
Trips's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: 360 Speedway
Posts: 2,251
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John St.Amant View Post
Well the 10R5 does lol... I love that car which is why I got the 12R5.
The thing is that to make it right you have to get these 4 parts and it isnt available in kit form. So it drives the cost of the car another $50.
As far as which other cars are centered I'm not sure on that. Some one on here might read this and tell us if theirs is or not. Mine is , now anyways.
As far as I know, the GenX's now ship from CRC with BL-centric pods. I think the BMI 12RR does as well, but I'm not so sure on that one. Also, I'm pretty sure you can order an FF07 from Jari with either style pod.
__________________
MARSHAL!!
Trips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 07:56 PM   #1014
Tech Elite
 
odpurple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 2,192
Default

The latest version of the OD12 has a brushless weight centered pod, I believe the Slapmaster does now as well. The CEFX Phoenix is centered also; I think it was the first car to do so

Yes, it does make a difference


Edit: Oops, sorry guys, I thought I was posting on the 1/12th thread. The 12R5 is a great car, made even better with the centering option!
odpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 08:03 PM   #1015
P2
Tech Fanatic
 
P2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Oahu, Hi
Posts: 865
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by odpurple View Post
The latest version of the OD12 has a brushless weight centered pod, I believe the Slapmaster does now as well. The CEFX Phoenix is centered also; I think it was the first car to do so

Yes, it does make a difference
OD - I'm still running your fine weave chassis set....did you make a BL pod for it? I want one My OD12 was very good last weekend...so good that I dumped my 12R5 to a friend.

Sorry to hear your stuff got stolen from your car, hope you catch the bandits!
PM me - Paul
__________________
TopRacingUSA | Team EPIC | Thunder Power | OD Racing
P2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 09:04 PM   #1016
Tech Elite
 
chris moore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Phx AZ
Posts: 3,744
Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlosG. View Post
Does anybody have pitures of their R5 with the T-bar conversion in it? If so could you please post them.
Not the best pic but here you go.


__________________
Sponsered by:

CMDezigns Paint Works
https://www.facebook.com/pages/CM-Dezigns/259989190822177?ref=hl
chris moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 09:13 PM   #1017
Tech Elite
 
Maybell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Seattle
Posts: 2,109
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by corallyman View Post
Are you actually saying ROAR should change their rules for 1 battery pack by SMC that is the only one on the market. They don't even sell one yet for the tbar cars. When the time is right and if it proves to be the correct "formula" then I'm sure it will be added. Let's not rush into a new class just for a single lipo pack.

Steve
Amen to that!
__________________
Sean Maybell - Team Associated Region 11 Administrator

AE - Reedy - LRP - Hobby Velocity - XP Digital - JConcepts
Maybell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 04:27 PM   #1018
Tech Fanatic
 
xtrememadness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: new jersey
Posts: 954
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to xtrememadness
Default

hey everyone, i noticed some guys running the hotbodies shock on the r5. whats the reason is it just preference or were the having problems with the stock shock
__________________
CRAIG SANTRY / TAMIYA / TEAM ASSOCIATED / BROWNIES PRO AND SPORT HOBBIES / STATEN ISLAND SPEED TEAM / FUTABA / LRP / TEKIN / PROTOFORM / JACKSON RC / HORSHAM RC / EXOTEK RACING / REEDY
xtrememadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 04:35 PM   #1019
Tech Lord
 
wingracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 12,730
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtrememadness View Post
hey everyone, i noticed some guys running the hotbodies shock on the r5. whats the reason is it just preference or were the having problems with the stock shock
It's just a really good shock. Lots of people run them on lots of different cars. I want to try out a Serpent shock myself.
__________________
Sean. Certified speed crazed mowron.
Team Shepherd USA
www.ashfordhobby.com
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 04:35 PM   #1020
Tech Fanatic
 
xtrememadness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: new jersey
Posts: 954
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to xtrememadness
Default

at the snowbirds
__________________
CRAIG SANTRY / TAMIYA / TEAM ASSOCIATED / BROWNIES PRO AND SPORT HOBBIES / STATEN ISLAND SPEED TEAM / FUTABA / LRP / TEKIN / PROTOFORM / JACKSON RC / HORSHAM RC / EXOTEK RACING / REEDY
xtrememadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
*Team Associated RC12R5* Zdiddy R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 8 08-31-2008 12:03 PM
RC12R5 Setup Sheets Cubic$Racing Electric On-Road 2 06-20-2008 10:27 AM
Team Associated RC12R5 ammo Singapore R/C Racers 12 05-15-2008 08:37 AM
AE RC12R5 alana07 Singapore R/C Racers 3 03-27-2008 09:56 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:51 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net