R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-18-2008, 01:44 PM   #76
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to Ferrarimk13

youre right, $250 is a good price, but i dont get why towers has them at $300, are they crazy, why would anyone buy from them, if they are charging 50 dollars more for no reason.
Old 02-18-2008, 01:50 PM   #77
Tech Elite

BL motors go in and out easily. You don't need to remove any parts to do the change or modify parts for easier motor installation/removal.
Rick Hohwart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 02:20 PM   #78
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I was all set to get another manufacturer's 12th, now I have to wait and see one of these is action.
knapster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 05:31 PM   #79
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrarimk13 View Post
youre right, $250 is a good price, but i dont get why towers has them at $300, are they crazy, why would anyone buy from them, if they are charging 50 dollars more for no reason.
Tower has updated their price to 224.99, right about where everyone thought it would land... Through a 199+ 25 dollar coupon on it, and you can pick one up right at 200 + shipping.

Cant wait to try this kit.
nemix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 09:03 AM   #80
Tech Addict

wow, thats a great price, suprised that associated isnt going with the average $250 in the class.
Old 02-19-2008, 11:51 AM   #81
Tech Master

Associated buys in waaay larger quantities than say SpdMerchant, BMI, DrkSide, etc. So you could presume that they can more easily afford to charge less for their products, even with the costs of tooling new molds, etc.
E
EricF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 12:10 PM   #82
Tech Master

Associated buys in waaay larger quantities than say SpdMerchant, BMI, DrkSide, etc. So you could presume that they can more easily afford to charge less for their products, even with the costs of tooling new molds, etc.
E
Old 02-19-2008, 12:32 PM   #83
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Actually, The big savings for them is that they have it manufactured overseas in asia. This cuts the cost of manufacturing more than in half. They are then able to absorb the costs of advertising and promotions for the car. This is why smaller companies like me dont have big adds in the magazines monthly. Costs are too high for the manufacturing and it takes away from product advertisement. They dont include the common upgrades found in other cars either. Im ok with that though. AE made a nice car. They actually made this one of much higher quality than the L4. I wish them the best of luck. They did a great job.
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 01:27 PM   #84
Tech Addict

you're right, they just arent made the same way, and arent real 'merican cars. Sure they market more, but that doesnt make it a better racer. those who want the best product always have to look a little deeper for their car.s
Old 02-19-2008, 06:59 PM   #85
Tech Master

I don't think that's what Jason was saying, but sure. Even if it's made somewhere else, Bob still came up with some good ideas or atleast they look good. I personally haven't driven the car so...
E
Old 02-20-2008, 05:22 AM   #86
Tech Regular

One of the big costs for the "little guys" is the cost of the parts that they buy from Associated and other manufacturers. It wasn't until CRC came out with a new front end that anyone had molded front parts of their own.

Also, all of the smaller 12th (and oval) companies that use the AE front ends have helped pay for the tooling on the new front end. The old one was like 20 years old so I'm thinking that it was paid for many times over.

Question is, how long will AE support the old front end for the OEM's? I smell the winds of change in 12th town. CRC may be the new go to guy because his front actually fits all of the other cars. Otherwise, most are going to have to change the chassis for the new front end once AE discontinues the old one.
Unregistered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 05:29 AM   #87
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Questions??

Where does it say that the new front end will not fit on older chassis? I talked to an AE sponsored oval racer and asked him if it would fit. He said yes, but they did not have enough around at the time so he didn't have one on his car. Just curious if I got wrong info. Or if the design was changed again in the past few weeks....

Yokomo YRX12
Tamiya TB03
JimmyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 07:02 AM   #88
Tech Regular

They use smaller screws to mount to the chassis. I think they're 3mm.
Unregistered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 07:43 AM   #89
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
One of the big costs for the "little guys" is the cost of the parts that they buy from Associated and other manufacturers. It wasn't until CRC came out with a new front end that anyone had molded front parts of their own.

Also, all of the smaller 12th (and oval) companies that use the AE front ends have helped pay for the tooling on the new front end. The old one was like 20 years old so I'm thinking that it was paid for many times over.

Question is, how long will AE support the old front end for the OEM's? I smell the winds of change in 12th town. CRC may be the new go to guy because his front actually fits all of the other cars. Otherwise, most are going to have to change the chassis for the new front end once AE discontinues the old one.

To be honest, most companies are going away from AE front end parts and doing there own thing. It is just a matter of time before everyone has there own flavor gravy. The prices on OEM AE front end parts have gotten alot higher than they used to be over the past 6 months. AE's new front end will not bolt up to existing cars so everyone needs to go there own way if they want to keep there cars the same as they are now. I dont see companies going to any other companies for OEM because it is not a good feeling to be at the mercy of another company to keep production rolling. Mold costs are not cheap but if the demand is there it is worth it.
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 09:24 AM   #90
Tech Regular

Default Front end w/o associated parts?

OK this may be a little off topic, but can you put together an Associated front end without any Associated parts?
Manny is offline   Reply With Quote