R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-31-2011, 04:05 PM   #3466
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have to use a shim on each side to be at 172mm with CRC wheels.
AreCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 09:25 PM   #3467
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAzRACER View Post
I'm using 2 shims on the right(diff)side with CRC wheels and come up right at 172mm. I'm also using the CRC ride height adjusters for the pod. Maybe they are different than the AE ones in width.
Thanks for the info Matt.

I am using the CRC ride height pills too.

Are you using any shims on the right side hub? If I could pull one .005" shim off on each side, I would be right at 172mm with the axle centered. I was under the impression that you wanted the hubs to butt up against a shim rather than the bearing itself though....

Edit: Rereading this in the morning... I meant, Are you using any shims on the LEFT side hub? Sorry.

Last edited by JamesL_71; 01-01-2012 at 07:05 AM.
JamesL_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 10:01 PM   #3468
Tech Regular

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Send a message via AIM to Blue Screw

Im not 100% sure but i do think the body need to fit in the width boxalso right? i may be wrong though.... And i always would rather have a shim between a bearing and hub unless the hubs have it machined into it...

Hows it been going jamesL did the info help at all havent heard from u in a while
XRAY~RCAMERICA~HUDY~SRC~MURNAN MODS
Blue Screw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 06:24 AM   #3469
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

mod 1/12 high bite inline was not working with the same setup we ran in 5.1.. softer setup was augering in on the sweeper... ended up 24 front springs, gold sides, rotating the battery to conventional position in new conversion chassis.. for me much easier and faster to drive on the high bite. I think I need the pendulum effect to get the car in and out of the corners.

MMR Direct Minneapolis World Class Indoor Race Facility.
On Road and Off Road racing year round.

www.molzermoweryracing.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/MMR/160679913944205?__req=9

Check out You Tube mmrswracing. Every qualifier and every main uploaded at the end of every race day.
ammdrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 10:45 AM   #3470
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Any news on inline 5.2 kit coming out?
Old 01-04-2012, 01:22 PM   #3471
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Screw View Post
Im not 100% sure but i do think the body need to fit in the width boxalso right? i may be wrong though....
Technically. I've never personally seen this checked though. Has anyone else has their overall width checked?
Australian 12th Scale hastag: #EP12AU
Radio Active is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 02:32 PM   #3472
Tech Master

The track width is 172 and the body is 174. At the IIC they only checked the track width.
E

People who don't have to wait for the latest item, should not tell those that do, that "It's worth the wait"
EricF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 12:36 AM   #3473
Tech Regular

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Send a message via AIM to Blue Screw

WOOWWWWWW 24 front spring? not saying ur wrong or not but have u check ur cars or done a complete rebuild.. just sounds a bit hard .....

I seen it once at a reg 2 regional a long time ago.. thats why i wasnt sure and want for someone else to chime in so he got the right answer..
so its 174 with body on.... what if u mount a body off and ur axle is right but ur body is like off 5mm to 1 side...lol..
XRAY~RCAMERICA~HUDY~SRC~MURNAN MODS
Blue Screw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 07:18 AM   #3474
Tech Master

I don't think ROAR rules say with body on. The width of the body is 174.
E

People who don't have to wait for the latest item, should not tell those that do, that "It's worth the wait"
EricF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 08:18 AM   #3475
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Screw View Post
WOOWWWWWW 24 front spring? not saying ur wrong or not but have u check ur cars or done a complete rebuild.. just sounds a bit hard .....

I seen it once at a reg 2 regional a long time ago.. thats why i wasnt sure and want for someone else to chime in so he got the right answer..
so its 174 with body on.... what if u mount a body off and ur axle is right but ur body is like off 5mm to 1 side...lol..
I know when they check off road width and weight they useually check wheight with body on and track width with body off! I got to partake in helping out once. ROAR also has a pre-cut peice of plexyglass as a guage and they just slide it through. It can be a little snug when slidding through but thats about it.
Josh-n-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 12:10 PM   #3476
Tech Apprentice

Default Inline, not going straight.

Hello. I'm new to the 12r5.2(and.1 for that sake). Case: I can not make it go straight on full throttle. When I come out on the straight line giving full throttle, it will go to left side hitting the wall(usually). I got some spikes this week, looks like its a bit heavy on right(electronics-) side. Rolling straight off power.

What to do??
- Wrong diff setting(too loose or thight)?
- Wrong weight balance sideways?
- How check tweak? Turning on the spring retainers?. Searced the net, but can not figure out how to de-tweak car Tweak is unbalance or something I think

Also got some springs for center(gold, blue silver), side(blue, silver, green) and front(.18 &.20) if the problem is there. Also got crc magenta front/pink rears, not tested yet. Track is carpet.

Hard to figure out stuff, the rest of the club runs Corally or Crcs.

Set up: Lrp Sxx v2, Novak Ballistic 5.5, Airtronics 94819, Reedy 6500, inline config. 20 wt side 30 wt center. Gold center/blue side springs. Xceed Ennetti carbon carpet medium front and rear. CS tire sauce.
oddski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 03:19 PM   #3477
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddski View Post
Hello. I'm new to the 12r5.2(and.1 for that sake). Case: I can not make it go straight on full throttle. When I come out on the straight line giving full throttle, it will go to left side hitting the wall(usually). I got some spikes this week, looks like its a bit heavy on right(electronics-) side. Rolling straight off power.

What to do??
- Wrong diff setting(too loose or thight)?
- Wrong weight balance sideways?
- How check tweak? Turning on the spring retainers?. Searced the net, but can not figure out how to de-tweak car Tweak is unbalance or something I think

Also got some springs for center(gold, blue silver), side(blue, silver, green) and front(.18 &.20) if the problem is there. Also got crc magenta front/pink rears, not tested yet. Track is carpet.

Hard to figure out stuff, the rest of the club runs Corally or Crcs.

Set up: Lrp Sxx v2, Novak Ballistic 5.5, Airtronics 94819, Reedy 6500, inline config. 20 wt side 30 wt center. Gold center/blue side springs. Xceed Ennetti carbon carpet medium front and rear. CS tire sauce.
1. If all is well a slightly loose diff should still shoot straight
2. Yes with the way lighter LIPO cars you have to get the balance as good as possible although my car was not perfectly balanced until last nights race and I didn't notice a difference really
3. Best way to check tweak is to check from back of car and make sure wheels are straight on very flat surface and use exacto to lift up center of lower pod and look for light coming through as to which wheel lifts up first then adjust the side springs. Make sure to remember how much you adjusted and always de-adjust the opposite to make sure the springs are always just touching
4. With the bottom plate flat with chassis you should initially have the springs to touching the lower pod plate
5. Always check castor and camber and moving parts so you are in constant tune with car. If you crash go through everything to make sure it's all good still
6. You'll have to wait for the AE guys for the spring selection for your class since I am using TOP car still although I'm getting 5.2 in next month or so
7. Measure from the Rear wheel width being equal from center of pod to outer edge of wheel. Should be equal. e.g. If you total width is 172mm then you should have measure of 86mm from center of pod to outside of each wheel

Good luck
Old 01-08-2012, 03:44 PM   #3478
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesL_71 View Post
Thanks for the info Matt.

I am using the CRC ride height pills too.

Are you using any shims on the right side hub? If I could pull one .005" shim off on each side, I would be right at 172mm with the axle centered. I was under the impression that you wanted the hubs to butt up against a shim rather than the bearing itself though....

Edit: Rereading this in the morning... I meant, Are you using any shims on the LEFT side hub? Sorry.
I'm not using any shims on the left side. I know it should have one between the bearing and hub but to get it centered and stay under 172 I cant.
Old 01-08-2012, 06:24 PM   #3479
Tech Fanatic

Anyone have picture of Hebert's car how he set up his 5.2 with electronics? Maybe from IIC

Thanks
Old 01-08-2012, 06:41 PM   #3480
Tech Regular

Here you go: http://www.petitrc.com/reglages/asso...011/index.html
Arn0 is offline   Reply With Quote