R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-13-2011, 04:07 PM   #3136
Tech Fanatic
 
Infinite 12th's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: California
Posts: 877
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX View Post
I was told the TC and Comp are the same software, only change is the heatsink.
Stock Spec is different.
lol

Am glad I asked so many questions

Is it all canned profiles or GUI interface adjustable?

How many profiles?

Thanks
__________________
12th scale - The Jedi class...
Infinite 12th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 04:13 PM   #3137
Tech Champion
 
peter george's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: queens ny
Posts: 7,896
Trader Rating: 318 (100%+)
Default

can someone point me in the right direction ?I am looking for a roll out number in mm that will be a good starting point. I wanna run 17.5 blinky with the Speed Passion ex (internal booster) and an Ion 3 motor, also should I manually advance the timing 15 or 20 degrees? thanks
__________________
Team Underdog-Team UPURZ-Island Raceway & Hobby-Showing up and paying entry fee alone is not:"supporting your track" Stop fooling yourselves-buying online kills local racing programs.If we trade lower feedback always ships first.Team Associated B5m-CRC-Durango DEX210-CSO-Intech-Eagles of Death Metal-Tylenol
peter george is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 04:45 PM   #3138
Tech Champion
 
RedBullFiXX's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Intergalactic Planetary
Posts: 6,541
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite 12th View Post
lol

Am glad I asked so many questions

Is it all canned profiles or GUI interface adjustable?

How many profiles?

Thanks
No pc configuration, only external adjustment via 2 buttons

Manual for sxx-serie-vers.2
__________________
--> 12th scale Information Source <--

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
RedBullFiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 04:46 PM   #3139
Tech Fanatic
 
Infinite 12th's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: California
Posts: 877
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX View Post
No pc configuration, only external adjustment via 2 buttons

http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...e-100519fv.pdf"]Manual for sxx-serie-vers.2[/URL]
Thanks
__________________
12th scale - The Jedi class...
Infinite 12th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 04:47 PM   #3140
Tech Champion
 
RedBullFiXX's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Intergalactic Planetary
Posts: 6,541
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter george View Post
can someone point me in the right direction ?I am looking for a roll out number in mm that will be a good starting point. I wanna run 17.5 blinky with the Speed Passion ex (internal booster) and an Ion 3 motor, also should I manually advance the timing 15 or 20 degrees? thanks
Depends on a few things, like track size, grip, motor and such.

100mm with can timing, seemed popular at the iic race, with the MurfDogg we ran 108mm with 3deg timing.

You will have to test for yourself.
Forget temp, look at laptimes, and 8 min drop off.
__________________
--> 12th scale Information Source <--

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
RedBullFiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 05:15 PM   #3141
Tech Master
 
valk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Victoria, BC
Posts: 1,940
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to valk Send a message via AIM to valk Send a message via MSN to valk
Default

Finally taking my 12r5.1 to lick some carpet tomorrow night. bit of a drive, but any practice before race season is a-ok.

i got all the recommended front end spares but forgot to get extra setup stuff like center springs ect... soo.

as a noob to pancars, could anyone recommend a starting setup for 17.5 boost?
I have an onpoint chassis, silver/black/blue/gold side springs but only a blue center spring and i assume .020 kingpin springs as i didn't build this car.

tekin17.5/tekinRS/Futaba/Savox1250mg/smc60c ect. 41.5mm tires came with it. wont have new tires until next week so rolling out at 76mm right now.

not trying to win, just wanna not kill it and learn to handle 2wd.
valk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 06:33 PM   #3142
Tech Champion
 
RedBullFiXX's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Intergalactic Planetary
Posts: 6,541
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by valk View Post
Finally taking my 12r5.1 to lick some carpet tomorrow night. bit of a drive, but any practice before race season is a-ok.

i got all the recommended front end spares but forgot to get extra setup stuff like center springs ect... soo.

as a noob to pancars, could anyone recommend a starting setup for 17.5 boost?
I have an onpoint chassis, silver/black/blue/gold side springs but only a blue center spring and i assume .020 kingpin springs as i didn't build this car.

tekin17.5/tekinRS/Futaba/Savox1250mg/smc60c ect. 41.5mm tires came with it. wont have new tires until next week so rolling out at 76mm right now.

not trying to win, just wanna not kill it and learn to handle 2wd.
Blue center, silver side. .020" front springs should be the go.
76mm roll may be close, we used to run around 80mm with 17.5 boost, on a 90x45 track.

41.5mm tires are plenty with the right compound, Black yellow is a good starting point for stock .5 classes.
__________________
--> 12th scale Information Source <--

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
RedBullFiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 06:47 PM   #3143
Tech Master
 
Madulla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Calgary
Posts: 1,011
Default

New to 1S racing. What motor temps should I be looking at? I know in TC I want to be around 160F, is it the same for 1S. Running 17.5 Boosted with a roll out around 80mm. I am playing around with the boost settings and wondering how hot (more boost) I can get without slowing the motor down.
__________________
Hobbywing North America Team Driver
hobbywingdirect.com

CARCAR VP carcar.ca
Madulla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 06:53 PM   #3144
Tech Champion
 
RedBullFiXX's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Intergalactic Planetary
Posts: 6,541
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madulla View Post
New to 1S racing. What motor temps should I be looking at? I know in TC I want to be around 160F, is it the same for 1S. Running 17.5 Boosted with a roll out around 80mm. I am playing around with the boost settings and wondering how hot (more boost) I can get without slowing the motor down.
Yes, it's about the same on temp.

You want the fastest lap you can get, with no more than .5s drop at 8 mins.
That's a good setup, and it's more important than temp.
__________________
--> 12th scale Information Source <--

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
RedBullFiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 06:55 PM   #3145
Tech Master
 
valk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Victoria, BC
Posts: 1,940
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to valk Send a message via AIM to valk Send a message via MSN to valk
Default

front tires on this car have what looks like a magenta sticker, rears have no identifying marks or stickers. suggestions for droop or ride height spacers in front ect? or just kit settings?

this will also be all new for me figuring out the hotwire setups. i never used a hotwire for tc17.5
valk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 07:03 PM   #3146
Tech Champion
 
RedBullFiXX's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Intergalactic Planetary
Posts: 6,541
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by valk View Post
front tires on this car have what looks like a magenta sticker, rears have no identifying marks or stickers. suggestions for droop or ride height spacers in front ect? or just kit settings?

this will also be all new for me figuring out the hotwire setups. i never used a hotwire for tc17.5
What surface are you running on ?

Magenta front, yellow rear was popular on the rug at iic.

Check Heberts' setup from a few post back on this page.
It's for an inline car, but that setup is close to the kit setup, and works well on the 5.1.
__________________
--> 12th scale Information Source <--

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
RedBullFiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 07:07 PM   #3147
Tech Champion
 
peter george's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: queens ny
Posts: 7,896
Trader Rating: 318 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX View Post
Depends on a few things, like track size, grip, motor and such.

100mm with can timing, seemed popular at the iic race, with the MurfDogg we ran 108mm with 3deg timing.

You will have to test for yourself.
Forget temp, look at laptimes, and 8 min drop off.
thank you so much,...toy car $200 ....good advise- priceless !!
__________________
Team Underdog-Team UPURZ-Island Raceway & Hobby-Showing up and paying entry fee alone is not:"supporting your track" Stop fooling yourselves-buying online kills local racing programs.If we trade lower feedback always ships first.Team Associated B5m-CRC-Durango DEX210-CSO-Intech-Eagles of Death Metal-Tylenol
peter george is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 07:10 PM   #3148
Tech Master
 
valk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Victoria, BC
Posts: 1,940
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to valk Send a message via AIM to valk Send a message via MSN to valk
Default

i dont know what kind of carpet it is as its not the home track for me. pretty sure our club uses crc stuff though.

will be my first time indoors though, so dont have much more information. i will be the only associated guy though in a sea of crc's so ill be in this thread a lot.
valk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 07:30 PM   #3149
Tech Champion
 
RedBullFiXX's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Intergalactic Planetary
Posts: 6,541
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by valk View Post
i will be the only associated guy though in a sea of crc's
Yes, that's the norm
__________________
--> 12th scale Information Source <--

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
RedBullFiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 08:26 PM   #3150
Tech Champion
 
Radio Active's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Newcastle, Australia
Posts: 7,050
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX View Post
Yes, it's about the same on temp.

You want the fastest lap you can get, with no more than .5s drop at 8 mins.
That's a good setup, and it's more important than temp.
.5 drop off at 8 min huh? I somehow keep managing to pull my fastest lap on the last lap of the race. I can't work out if my problem is that I'm too conservative on motor set-up, whether I find the car easier to drive fast when the edge is taken off or if the issue is psychological.
__________________
Reigning NSW 4WD Group 20 Champion
Member: Maitland Radio Car Club (http://www.morcc.com.au)
twitter: @dvcotton
Australian 12th Scale hastag: #EP12AU
Radio Active is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
*Team Associated RC12R5* Zdiddy R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 8 08-31-2008 12:03 PM
RC12R5 Setup Sheets Cubic$Racing Electric On-Road 2 06-20-2008 10:27 AM
Team Associated RC12R5 ammo Singapore R/C Racers 12 05-15-2008 08:37 AM
AE RC12R5 alana07 Singapore R/C Racers 3 03-27-2008 09:56 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:36 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net