R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-20-2011, 07:20 PM   #3031
Tech Fanatic
 
Infinite 12th's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: California
Posts: 877
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by valk View Post
$38 for all the parts, minus bearings. pretty awesome. wish touring cars were that cheap.

i for one am glad its not all mod class. would be very unfriendly for beginners and there would always been a handful of fast guys winning every race.
most escs will have a stock mode though.
if you get one of the newer ones im sure you can run it in any class you want with the right setting, just double check the roar approved list before buying.

of course, depends how serious the racers in your area are about that. not all clubs are roar to the letter.
I was told that the mod speedo doesn't work or won't work well with the stock motor so anyone else know of this?

Thanks
Infinite 12th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 10:22 PM   #3032
Tech Elite
 
CypressMidWest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Central Ohio
Posts: 4,618
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite 12th View Post
I was told that the mod speedo doesn't work or won't work well with the stock motor so anyone else know of this?

Thanks
The Tekin seems to work well in EVERY class. With the advent of "Blinky" for stock, all the speedo's are supposedly competitive. I would just make sure whatever you get is able to download updates. There's nothing worse than having to ship an ESC off to get the current software.......
__________________
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 08:46 AM   #3033
Tech Fanatic
 
Infinite 12th's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: California
Posts: 877
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CypressMidWest View Post
The Tekin seems to work well in EVERY class. With the advent of "Blinky" for stock, all the speedo's are supposedly competitive. I would just make sure whatever you get is able to download updates. There's nothing worse than having to ship an ESC off to get the current software.......
Care to explain what blinky is

So your positve the RS pro and lrp sxxv2 will do fine in all 13.5, 17.5 and mod TC, 12th classes

Thanks

Last edited by Infinite 12th; 09-21-2011 at 09:00 AM.
Infinite 12th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 09:51 AM   #3034
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Northern & Central Illinois
Posts: 4,337
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite 12th View Post
Care to explain what blinky is

So your positve the RS pro and lrp sxxv2 will do fine in all 13.5, 17.5 and mod TC, 12th classes

Thanks
Blinky = no timing boost, no ramping and no turbo boost. Only timing is in the motor.

Tekin RS is good for any on-road motor down to 5T. The Tekin RS Pro has no motor limit (it sits taller due to the extra bank of FETs. The latest firmware includes blinky (a pulsing led to show blinky is on, hence the name blinky).
AreCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 10:14 AM   #3035
Tech Fanatic
 
Infinite 12th's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: California
Posts: 877
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AreCee View Post
Blinky = no timing boost, no ramping and no turbo boost. Only timing is in the motor.

Tekin RS is good for any on-road motor down to 5T. The Tekin RS Pro has no motor limit (it sits taller due to the extra bank of FETs. The latest firmware includes blinky (a pulsing led to show blinky is on, hence the name blinky).
So with the blinky classes the motors have no adjustments correct? timing?

Ok I was getting different info at my track so I appreciate you telling me this

RS pro here I come...lol
Infinite 12th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 10:32 AM   #3036
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Northern & Central Illinois
Posts: 4,337
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite 12th View Post
So with the blinky classes the motors have no adjustments correct? timing?

Ok I was getting different info at my track so I appreciate you telling me this

RS pro here I come...lol
No, you can only adjust the motor if allowed by the track. No timing from the ESC (Blinky mode).
AreCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 10:32 AM   #3037
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 2,583
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite 12th View Post
So with the blinky classes the motors have no adjustments correct? timing?

Ok I was getting different info at my track so I appreciate you telling me this

RS pro here I come...lol
Blinky mode class does not have electrical timing but there can still be mechanical timing on the motor. For a "true" blinky class like the old stock brush locked timing class, you'll need fixed motor also something like the Speedpassion Cirtix system.
Sydewynder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 10:33 AM   #3038
Tech Master
 
valk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Victoria, BC
Posts: 1,989
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to valk Send a message via AIM to valk Send a message via MSN to valk
Default

You can still run any timing adjustment on your motor can. Justno esc profiles. Only thing you can change on esc is brake strength, volt cutoff ect.
valk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 10:39 AM   #3039
Tech Fanatic
 
Infinite 12th's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: California
Posts: 877
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AreCee View Post
No, you can only adjust the motor if allowed by the track. No timing from the ESC (Blinky mode).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydewynder View Post
Blinky mode class does not have electrical timing but there can still be mechanical timing on the motor. For a "true" blinky class like the old stock brush locked timing class, you'll need fixed motor also something like the Speedpassion Cirtix system.
Quote:
Originally Posted by valk View Post
You can still run any timing adjustment on your motor can. Justno esc profiles. Only thing you can change on esc is brake strength, volt cutoff ect.
I think I get it now

Thanks
Infinite 12th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 10:45 AM   #3040
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 2,583
Default

Seems like you're ignoring my posts to help you.

Last edited by Sydewynder; 09-21-2011 at 11:18 AM.
Sydewynder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 10:47 AM   #3041
Tech Fanatic
 
Infinite 12th's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: California
Posts: 877
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydewynder View Post
Seems like you're ignoring my posts to help you.
Nope I thought I had quoted you also but just edited it so you know I appreciate your comments to help me
Infinite 12th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 11:02 AM   #3042
Tech Elite
 
CypressMidWest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Central Ohio
Posts: 4,618
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite 12th View Post
Care to explain what blinky is

So your positve the RS pro and lrp sxxv2 will do fine in all 13.5, 17.5 and mod TC, 12th classes

Thanks
As for TaxiCab classes, I can't say. I only race pancars. I have used and seen others use, the RS Pro with great success in all 12th classes.
__________________
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 03:22 PM   #3043
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 734
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

http://www.teamspeedmerchant.com/sho...l/smr6030.html
JoelV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 03:27 PM   #3044
Tech Elite
 
KHoff7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,166
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Looks dialed
__________________
Awesomatix USA / Middle River Hobbies / Sweep / Psycho Cells Racing
Karl Hoffmeister
KHoff7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 03:51 PM   #3045
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,117
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Ive had a number of AE cars over the years and really wanted to pick up a RC12R5.1.... but the lack of damper tube conversions put me off. And jeez, there are sooo many quality 1/12th kits available these days, that it is hard to choose.

But with the Speedmerchant damper tube conversion available, it put the final nail in the coffin. Im going with the 12R5.1
JamesL_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
*Team Associated RC12R5* Zdiddy R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 8 08-31-2008 12:03 PM
RC12R5 Setup Sheets Cubic$Racing Electric On-Road 2 06-20-2008 10:27 AM
Team Associated RC12R5 ammo Singapore R/C Racers 12 05-15-2008 08:37 AM
AE RC12R5 alana07 Singapore R/C Racers 3 03-27-2008 09:56 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:49 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net