R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-30-2011, 09:24 PM   #2956
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to valk Send a message via AIM to valk Send a message via MSN to valk

i just have it rested on there for now but it looks like its off to one side slightly. just quickly aligned a ruler along the bottom and it looks ok.
I must be trippin.

getting excited to roll this car. but no carpet until the middle/end of october. everyone in the club is hating on the associated. they all run crcs. either i make a good showing with this car, or i regret being different and not able to bum any parts lol.
valk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 09:58 PM   #2957
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX View Post
Pics and some info from first track day

I wouldn't say it's the norm now, the inline lipo chassis design has only just been released onto the market.
We shall see perhaps in 6 months to a year if it catches on ?
Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions

What body is that?

Still like your fast fashion (Depeche mode) body the best
Infinite 12th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 04:58 AM   #2958
Tech Initiate

Does anyone know if Associated is bringing out the 5.2 as a kit? Its going to cost a fortune to upgrade my trusty old R5 and I may as well get a shiny new kit for not a lot more
Jay_P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 07:05 AM   #2959
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite 12th View Post
Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions

What body is that?

Still like your fast fashion (Depeche mode) body the best
No problem Infinite

That is a Black Art R8C Light Weight 1/12th Body

The FF body still works well outdoors

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
RedBullFiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 08:04 AM   #2960
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_P View Post
Does anyone know if Associated is bringing out the 5.2 as a kit? Its going to cost a fortune to upgrade my trusty old R5 and I may as well get a shiny new kit for not a lot more
Dude I hope so as too I would like to also save some money'

I think it's going to be great

I always like more steering than most and to not have to hunt down steering would be nice

I mean RBF said he actually went faster first time out now that is kinda impressive plus it looks way cooler ...lol

I can't see how it would not be a forward move in car handling/setup

It's all about balance

Just hope we can get some video footage of RBF at TQ or NC

9.9, 9.8, 9.7, 9.6 ...lol

If he goes to NC I will be watching ...lol

And doing lap times

@RBF

Can you tell me how lipo's work in terms of how many times they can be run daily? I'll probably get MD batteries but how many does a racer need with practice, 3-4 qualifiers and a main? Can they be run back to back? Charge time and what charger is good enough to get job done

These new motors need special setting's correct? Do you have a quick run through with how that works. I'll prob grab a 4.0 but it's a whole new world to me. Last motor I ran was 9D 12th/Mod

I also had an inquery about tire choice in the Hebert thread.

Code:
3. And what brand tires do you like there or even on asphalt. Do you switch between Jaco, PSE, TRC, and Yokomo or any info about the difference between them?
The TRC look really inexpensive an in small package. What's up with all these rubbers. I noticed you run TRC atleast on carpet

Can you enlighten me on a few angles to view this tire set of choices?

Thanks and what day do they race 12th at TQ

Last edited by Infinite 12th; 08-31-2011 at 10:28 AM.
Old 08-31-2011, 04:40 PM   #2961
Tech Champion

Quote:
Dude I hope so as too I would like to also save some money'

I think it's going to be great

I always like more steering than most and to not have to hunt down steering would be nice

I mean RBF said he actually went faster first time out now that is kinda impressive plus it looks way cooler ...lol

I can't see how it would not be a forward move in car handling/setup

It's all about balance

Just hope we can get some video footage of RBF at TQ or NC

9.9, 9.8, 9.7, 9.6 ...lol

If he goes to NC I will be watching ...lol

And doing lap times

@RBF

Can you tell me how lipo's work in terms of how many times they can be run daily? I'll probably get MD batteries but how many does a racer need with practice, 3-4 qualifiers and a main? Can they be run back to back? Charge time and what charger is good enough to get job done

These new motors need special setting's correct? Do you have a quick run through with how that works. I'll prob grab a 4.0 but it's a whole new world to me. Last motor I ran was 9D 12th/Mod

I also had an inquery about tire choice in the Hebert thread.

Code:
3. And what brand tires do you like there or even on asphalt. Do you switch between Jaco, PSE, TRC, and Yokomo or any info about the difference between them?
The TRC look really inexpensive an in small package. What's up with all these rubbers. I noticed you run TRC atleast on carpet

Can you enlighten me on a few angles to view this tire set of choices?

Thanks and what day do they race 12th at TQ
Well first off, there will be plenty of racers a lot faster than me to watch at iic
I do my best as a local, but there is some serious talent at the BIG events, really looking forward to getting my butt kicked, and learning some new tricks.

The first few days with the inline car have been up and down so far.
Seems like I have to take the line it wants, when I try to drive it like my old car, it's not as consistent. More work to do...

When testing lipo packs, the 2nd run of the day has been the best.
The 3rd run tapers off slightly, I don't run my race packs more than twice a day. But I have some older MD practice packs that I hammer pretty hard & they still have the same numbers for nearly a year now.

I have just started using the TRC tires, on the track they feel the same as Jaco/Parma, with a slightly different offset for front and rear. however they only offer high rubber type at this time. i.e. Magenta, Pink types.

Some tracks or conditions require synthetic type tires. i.e. Yellow, Black.
So for that it's Jaco/Parma, CRC also have all the types of tires, and are easier to find than Jaco/Parma lately. The CRC rear wheel offset is close to 0, so you will have to remove nearly all axle shims to squeeze those wheels into the 172mm rule, with an AE car.

If you want a 1s MD 4.0 setup the way mine is, or have any questions about MurfDogg products, contact Matt at MurfDogg
or visit
http://www.murfdogg.com/

btw
I don't know if AE plan on coming out with the full inline kit, I would assume they will though.
Not even sure if they will call it a 5.2, but I like the sound of 5.2 so that's what I'm calling it till I hear different

Hope that answers all the questions you posted.

As always, feel free to ask anything you need to get back into 12th scale.

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
Old 08-31-2011, 05:11 PM   #2962
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Well first off, there will be plenty of racers a lot faster than me to watch at iic
I do my best as a local, but there is some serious talent at the BIG events, really looking forward to getting my butt kicked, and learning some new tricks.

Seems like I have to take the line it wants, when I try to drive it like my old car, it's not as consistent. More work to do...

The 3rd run tapers off slightly, I don't run my race packs more than twice a day. But I have some older MD practice packs that I hammer pretty hard & they still have the same numbers for nearly a year now.

I have just started using the TRC tires, on the track they feel the same as Jaco/Parma, with a slightly different offset for front and rear. however they only offer high rubber type at this time. i.e. Magenta, Pink types.

So for that it's Jaco/Parma, CRC also have all the types of tires, and are easier to find than Jaco/Parma lately. The CRC rear wheel offset is close to 0, so you will have to remove nearly all axle shims to squeeze those wheels into the 172mm rule, with an AE car.

If you want a 1s MD 4.0 setup the way mine is, or have any questions about MurfDogg products, contact Matt at

btw
I don't know if AE plan on coming out with the full inline kit, I would assume they will though.
Not even sure if they will call it a 5.2, but I like the sound of 5.2 so that's what I'm calling it till I hear different

Thanks RBF

I guess It's going to be around almost 350 + for the car w/ inline

And you say a separate battery for each qualifier so that's like 6 packs min...lol

Regarding tires I guess I'll just use whatever they have in stock where I'm at. I'm sure it will be fine under most conditions

Have you tried a lighter oil in the rear side shock to give more driving flexibly in the corner?

In my experience sometimes what makes no sense works ...lol

And with this inline that "theory" might have relevance...lol

Also what I've been noticing is people are playing with pod droop and some other front end stuff kinda. At least that what I make sense of reading all these set up sheets

When I get the inline on carpet I'll probably try some heavy lube in the front pins

However this is all speculative until done in practice, so just having fun with ideas

Am curious though what the deal is with rear wheels and offset. The Yokomo is almost in the middles with crc being 0 so that is something I'd like to learn I know it affect tire wear but now how it performs except for maybe more offset = more steering

I wish you luck and tight lines

Pass someone on the inside for me ...lol

12th rules

Last edited by Infinite 12th; 08-31-2011 at 05:59 PM.
Old 08-31-2011, 07:56 PM   #2963
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Tools

Where can i get a 1/12th tire arbor at a good price?
steven57rc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 09:45 AM   #2964
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven57rc View Post
Where can i get a 1/12th tire arbor at a good price?
I use the CRC True-all Adapter 12th/10th/TC

It seems to do an ok job.

Old 09-06-2011, 05:04 PM   #2965
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (98%+)

Have brand new 12r5.1 with lipo chassis brand new if any of you are interested.

BNIB AE 12r5.1 with new lipo chassis conversion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-09-2011, 07:26 PM   #2966
Tech Addict

12R5.1 LiPo Conversion Kit said it has Lengthened wheel base for added stability. How much Lengthened?
ioxqq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 08:00 PM   #2967
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ioxqq View Post
12R5.1 LiPo Conversion Kit said it has Lengthened wheel base for added stability. How much Lengthened?
Read back a few pages.
Lots of info already posted

Old 09-09-2011, 11:27 PM   #2968
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:

If you want a 1s MD 4.0 setup the way mine is, or have any questions about MurfDogg products, contact Matt at MurfDogg
or visit
http://www.murfdogg.com/

btw

Mr. Berger, You have always been a WEALTH of set-up info. You were one of the FAST guys when I started MANY years ago. One of my first years of competitive 12th scale, was spent running your Nissan. Thanks for reppin' 12th scale through the years.
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 11:34 PM   #2969
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CypressMidWest View Post
Mr. Berger, You have always been a WEALTH of set-up info. You were one of the FAST guys when I started MANY years ago. One of my first years of competitive 12th scale, was spent running your Nissan. Thanks for reppin' 12th scale through the years.
I have to agree with you there. I always thought MR. FF was quite the upper level driver and for the most part with a sense of fun and adventure...lol

I'll never forget the moment he asked me to run his body and I was the first person to have it in norcal and it was so cool and it was the best in it's times. Around the time of the agitator

Perhaps he is just being humble
Old 09-09-2011, 11:56 PM   #2970
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
I have to agree with you there. I always thought MR. FF was quite the upper level driver and for the most part with a sense of fun and adventure...lol

I'll never forget the moment he asked me to run his body and I was the first person to have it in norcal and it was so cool and it was the best in it's times. Around the time of the agitator

Perhaps he is just being humble
He's also due for another Thanksgiving week trip to Cleveland
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote