Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 11:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Thanks for the help!!!
Old 01-16-2011, 06:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Does anyone make a lipo tray? Just got a 12R5 and a 1s lipo and want to secure it down but be able to remove it.
Old 01-16-2011, 11:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

The Pros use tape, have you tried that ?
Attached Thumbnails Associated RC12R5-sun-volkerrc12-2.jpg  
Old 01-17-2011, 06:01 PM
Tech Regular

in the above pic.. who makes the rear body mounts.. i think there yokomo.. and there adjustable? if so were can i get them and what a part number ive been looking forthem forever
Old 01-18-2011, 09:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Blue Screw
in the above pic.. who makes the rear body mounts.. i think there yokomo.. and there adjustable? if so were can i get them and what a part number ive been looking forthem forever
yes they are yokomo. I have them on my touring car. Do note that they are for the thicker body posts though, not the ones that came stock on the AE. I forgot the part number though, but do check the parts list for the BD5W. It should be there.
Old 01-18-2011, 10:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Konich
Does anyone make a lipo tray? Just got a 12R5 and a 1s lipo and want to secure it down but be able to remove it.
I cut little rectangles out of lexan and servo taped them to the underside of the lipo. They are not as long as the cell slots so when taped to the lipo in the middle, you can slide the lipo forward or rearward for weight adjustment. It looks good and works better. Save your money on some tires.

Steve
Old 01-19-2011, 11:52 AM
Tech Regular

where can i get the yokomo body mounts. i looked on driftspeed.com and cant find them.. ive been looking forever for these and this is the first sign of them please help
Old 01-19-2011, 03:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Do the X-ray corner Chassis (http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...is-Protector-2) protectors fit as well as the Associated ones?
Old 01-19-2011, 04:04 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Radio Active
Do the X-ray corner Chassis (http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...is-Protector-2) protectors fit as well as the Associated ones?
I use the X-Ray parts.
You will have to elongate the holes a bit, but they fit the chassis better than the 12 L4 protectors do.
Old 01-19-2011, 06:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Blue Screw
where can i get the yokomo body mounts. i looked on driftspeed.com and cant find them.. ive been looking forever for these and this is the first sign of them please help
I got mine from Elwyn at Hobby Haven. Send him an email at Elwyn [email protected] and he should be able to supply you. Tell him Mikey sent you
Old 01-19-2011, 06:05 PM
Tech Elite

What's the difference between these Jaco Prism rear tires:

2830 Yellow
2930 Pink

Both shore 30 I believe. http://www.jacoracing.net/prism_1_12.html

Also wondering what everyone runs (jaco tires) on med-high grip carpet.

Thanks,

Ivan
Old 01-19-2011, 06:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BoneCrusher

2830 Yellow
2930 Pink

Thanks,

Ivan

They are a different kind of rubber. If you are running mod you will want to run pink, for everything else yellow is a much better option as it frees the car up and makes it work much better at lower speeds.
Old 01-19-2011, 06:18 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Conducting aggressive board meetings at my local track
Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BoneCrusher

2830 Yellow
2930 Pink

Thanks,

Ivan
Yellow is an exotic compound, and Pink is a natural rubber compound. Although the same shore rating the Yellow tires have more forward traction, Pink tires allow the car to rotate better. Also, there is a tire wear difference between the two. Pink tires wear like IRON, Yellow tires will wear much faster. If you run Yellow tires, be sure to pay close attention to your ride height in the rear throughout the day. When the grip starts to come up, run Pink.
Old 01-19-2011, 08:48 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Kave
They are a different kind of rubber. If you are running mod you will want to run pink, for everything else yellow is a much better option as it frees the car up and makes it work much better at lower speeds.
Originally Posted by SpraydbySprague
Yellow is an exotic compound, and Pink is a natural rubber compound. Although the same shore rating the Yellow tires have more forward traction, Pink tires allow the car to rotate better. Also, there is a tire wear difference between the two. Pink tires wear like IRON, Yellow tires will wear much faster. If you run Yellow tires, be sure to pay close attention to your ride height in the rear throughout the day. When the grip starts to come up, run Pink.
Thank you for the quick responses! Couldn't find that info anywhere in the web.

Interestingly, I had a big regional race over the weekend, where I used the same chassis to run 17.5 boosted and 10.5 boosted where I would just change motors/ESC profile/gearing. Car actually ran better in the faster class. Ran 4 qualies and a main for each class and had NO chunks using older generation jaco purples in front and yellow prisms in rear. only changed ride height once and tires only wore under 2 mm! Only problem was the front seem to gum up a bit and if moving from a standing start, some weird handling issues arose. Otherwise, a fun drive!

Probably too difficult to answer simply but I've never really tried tuning the 12R5 cause the person I got it from had it set up pretty well. May start to try some tuning options. If anyone can give me the coles notes version of tuning options of the 2 different springs (center and front) and the 2 shock oils that would be much appreciated!

Thanks for any help,

Ivan
Old 01-20-2011, 03:54 PM
Tech Champion

Found this on the CRC site a while back.

Unfortunately, it's not as simple as "softest to hardest". There are different "families" of foam that have different compounds and levels of rubber content.

example - magenta and gray are about the same hardness, but grip and act totally different.

I'll list the tires in soft to hard for each family:

Pink, magenta, purple
white, yellow, gray, black (gray-low is a combination of the 2 foams on the same rim, not another hardness that's between them).

the pink family has more rubber content therefore wears better, but it also heats up and gets sticky throughout the run. this is sometimes good, but sometimes can pick up debris from the track and actually give the feel of losing grip.

the white family wears faster, but doesn't change as much throughout the run.
http://www.teamcrc.com/crc/modules.p...ht=foam+tiresd

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.