R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-26-2010, 01:45 PM   #2086
SMG
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 70
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyondthepack View Post
Wow Steve, I actually thought the Steve I sent them to in Indiana was using them for his car, not trying to make a buck, pretty sad, heres the link that started this...... #1947

Associated RC12R5
Sorry you think I am someone else. I'm sure there is more than one guy named Steve in Indiana. I don't need to buy custom parts when I can make them myself! Maybe next time you accuse someone of trying to make a buck off of someone else, you will do your homework and be certain it is the right person. Too bad you had to bad mouth me on this forum when I am not even the person you think I am.
Attached Thumbnails
Associated RC12R5-dscf2626.jpg  
SMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 01:49 PM   #2087
SMG
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 70
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotdognobun View Post
Have you thought about shaving some of the front to give it some flex like the yokomo? Yes I have an extra one just to rub it in Sorry
Yes, I can custom make them to what anyone wants.
SMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 03:41 PM   #2088
Tech Elite
 
andrewdoherty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: ★Wylie, TX★
Posts: 3,773
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stical View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by stical
I'm converting my RC12R5 to R5.1 but there is one part I cannot find on the AE site.

The 16mm set screw for the side shock has part number 4689 in the manual but that part number doesn't exist on the AE site

Anybody got a clue where I can find this set screw ?

Thanks,
Erik


The one from the R5 is 10mm and the one from the R5.1 is 16mm since the upper pod plate is sitting higher on the R5.1 .

I could re-use that one but my actual problem is that part n 4689 (16mm set screw ) cannot be ordered or bought seperatly , i can find any R5 or R5.1 part on the AE website except this one ?

http://order.aeteam.net/search.asp

I searched for the part number and found it, although it is backordered . . .
We'd have to ask Bob to be certain, but I would imagine the inclusion of a longer set screw for the 12r5.1 is to reduce the likelyhood of bending the brace, not because of a difference between the 5.1 and 5. In fact, the 5.1's top deck is lower actually so including a longer set screw for that purpose doesn't make sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMG View Post
Yes, I can custom make them to what anyone wants.

I also think the original purpose for the relief in the Yokomo part was for weight savings, not flex characteristics. From an engineering standpoint I can't see flex in that area being a good thing. In addition the forces that brace experiences from the side springs and the center shock are no where near strong enough to induce tangible flex in either piece.
__________________
"Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're right." -Henry Ford
"[Driving] Genius is 1% inspiration, and 99% perspiration" -T.A. Edison
|◤Hobbywing◢|◤SpeedzoneUSA.com◢|◤Pro-One◢|
|◤ReflexRacing.net◢|◤Protoform◢|◤AVID R/C◢|
andrewdoherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 04:26 PM   #2089
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: sydney australia
Posts: 668
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stical
I'm converting my RC12R5 to R5.1 but there is one part I cannot find on the AE site.

The 16mm set screw for the side shock has part number 4689 in the manual but that part number doesn't exist on the AE site

Anybody got a clue where I can find this set screw ?

Thanks,
Erik


The one from the R5 is 10mm and the one from the R5.1 is 16mm since the upper pod plate is sitting higher on the R5.1 .

I could re-use that one but my actual problem is that part n 4689 (16mm set screw ) cannot be ordered or bought seperatly , i can find any R5 or R5.1 part on the AE website except this one ?

found these for ya m3x16mm http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...m-Set-Screw-10
__________________
onto greener pastures

stuff for sale associated 12r5 $175, team magic 1/10 pit bag $40, top racing pit bag $30, KO helios with spektrum module and 3 receivers $200, CEN CT5 $100 all are plus post
dangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 05:05 PM   #2090
Tech Fanatic
 
hotdognobun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: San Diego
Posts: 823
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC MARKET View Post
Nice pics !
Hey Thanks
hotdognobun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 06:23 PM   #2091
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,050
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

anybody have a good 10.5 gearing with a lipo.. dont really know where to start with the new speedos having timing advance and all.

any help would be appreciated.

leon mcintosh
__________________
Leon McIntosh
PRO-LINE--XRAY--RCAmerica--FX Engines--NitroPro Fuel--Kustom R/C Graphics--Schelle Racing

******* DialedSetups.com ****** Check it out!!!!!
punkracer24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 06:30 PM   #2092
Tech Fanatic
 
hotdognobun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: San Diego
Posts: 823
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkracer24 View Post
anybody have a good 10.5 gearing with a lipo.. dont really know where to start with the new speedos having timing advance and all.

any help would be appreciated.

leon mcintosh
Spur 80 pinion 36 is what I start mine
hotdognobun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 06:52 PM   #2093
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Northern & Central Illinois
Posts: 4,337
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stical View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by stical
I'm converting my RC12R5 to R5.1 but there is one part I cannot find on the AE site.

The 16mm set screw for the side shock has part number 4689 in the manual but that part number doesn't exist on the AE site

Anybody got a clue where I can find this set screw ?

Thanks,
Erik


The one from the R5 is 10mm and the one from the R5.1 is 16mm since the upper pod plate is sitting higher on the R5.1 .

I could re-use that one but my actual problem is that part n 4689 (16mm set screw ) cannot be ordered or bought seperatly , i can find any R5 or R5.1 part on the AE website except this one ?
I guess my R5 converted to a 5.1 can't tell the difference because I used the same screw from the R5. I'm also using a Cyclone 12 shock on top and the AE side shock.
AreCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 06:53 PM   #2094
Tech Addict
 
beyondthepack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Orillia, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 685
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to beyondthepack
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMG View Post
Sorry you think I am someone else. I'm sure there is more than one guy named Steve in Indiana. I don't need to buy custom parts when I can make them myself! Maybe next time you accuse someone of trying to make a buck off of someone else, you will do your homework and be certain it is the right person. Too bad you had to bad mouth me on this forum when I am not even the person you think I am.

If you are not the Steve I sent them to in Indy, then I do apologize, however from my perspective, I have had a guy named Steve order 2 braces from Indy, and 2 weeks later, I see the exact replica on the thread, from a guy named Steve from Indy. A little conspicuous, but I am not on here to get into fights, having started one right here myself, You have my word that this will not be repeated. Again I am sorry for the problem that this has become.
__________________
AE B5R - SC10.2 - Outdoors
AE TC7.1 USGT - INFINITY IF14 COMING.... -- Indoors
LRP - REEDY - FUTABA - IDEAL HOBBIES - RC404
beyondthepack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 04:52 AM   #2095
Tech Addict
 
bfong13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 611
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkracer24 View Post
anybody have a good 10.5 gearing with a lipo.. dont really know where to start with the new speedos having timing advance and all.

any help would be appreciated.

leon mcintosh


I have mine at 76 and 41. I think I saw Mike Blackstock say on here somewhere to divide your spur in half and start from there for 10.5.
bfong13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 10:44 AM   #2096
Tech Elite
 
TommyBlazin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: jersey
Posts: 2,580
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyondthepack View Post
If you are not the Steve I sent them to in Indy, then I do apologize, however from my perspective, I have had a guy named Steve order 2 braces from Indy, and 2 weeks later, I see the exact replica on the thread, from a guy named Steve from Indy. A little conspicuous, but I am not on here to get into fights, having started one right here myself, You have my word that this will not be repeated. Again I am sorry for the problem that this has become.
something's suspect here....:^)
__________________
Thinking on maybe a Tekno 1/8 Nitro Buggy?
TommyBlazin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 10:50 AM   #2097
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Antwerp, Belgium (Europe)
Posts: 45
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewdoherty View Post
http://order.aeteam.net/search.asp

I searched for the part number and found it, although it is backordered . . .
We'd have to ask Bob to be certain, but I would imagine the inclusion of a longer set screw for the 12r5.1 is to reduce the likelyhood of bending the brace, not because of a difference between the 5.1 and 5. In fact, the 5.1's top deck is lower actually so including a longer set screw for that purpose doesn't make sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangles View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AreCee View Post
I guess my R5 converted to a 5.1 can't tell the difference because I used the same screw from the R5. I'm also using a Cyclone 12 shock on top and the AE side shock.
Gentlemen, thanks for the answers.

I had been looking at http://67.199.85.166/teamassociated/...ccessories.php and couldn't find it , tried ASC4689 as well but that turned up some flanged bearings .

I will give it a try with the R5 set screw but Dangles thanks for that link , all the others were 15 or 20 set screws which is a bit too much spare screws

Erik
stical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 04:59 PM   #2098
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 320
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyBlazin View Post
something's suspect here....:^)
No there is nothing suspect. I am the one who purchased 2 here in Indy but I am not the one making them. I don't know that Steve that can make his own.

I only paid $10 for mine so I wouldn't think of making them since I was able to get these for half the price of Yokomo's. I have both....

Steve Dunn
Indianapolis
sdunnmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 09:59 PM   #2099
Tech Fanatic
 
hotdognobun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: San Diego
Posts: 823
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

yokomo is at it again but now for the 5.1. Hey it even matches color!
Attached Thumbnails
Associated RC12R5-sp_4608s.jpg  
hotdognobun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 07:41 AM   #2100
Tech Elite
 
TommyBlazin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: jersey
Posts: 2,580
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

whats the difference from stock parts? except lighter color blue?
__________________
Thinking on maybe a Tekno 1/8 Nitro Buggy?
TommyBlazin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
*Team Associated RC12R5* Zdiddy R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 8 08-31-2008 12:03 PM
RC12R5 Setup Sheets Cubic$Racing Electric On-Road 2 06-20-2008 10:27 AM
Team Associated RC12R5 ammo Singapore R/C Racers 12 05-15-2008 08:37 AM
AE RC12R5 alana07 Singapore R/C Racers 3 03-27-2008 09:56 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:05 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net