R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-22-2008, 12:53 PM   #166
Tech Fanatic

Er, five World Championships, dozens of ROAR and EFRA titles, and scores of National titles over 25 years - you name them, they drove it. With the possible exception of Joel Johnson and David Spashett, I can't think of any great driver who hasn't, at one time or another, driven an RC12.
SlowerOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 12:58 PM   #167
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (92%+)
Send a message via AIM to wallstreet

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowerOne View Post
Er, five World Championships, dozens of ROAR and EFRA titles, and scores of National titles over 25 years - you name them, they drove it. With the possible exception of Joel Johnson and David Spashett, I can't think of any great driver who hasn't, at one time or another, driven an RC12.
spashett did however use the associated front end on a few of his 12 scale championship endeavors
wallstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 01:02 PM   #168
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

I think this car will do really well. Just as well as any of the other link cars out in the market today. The pivot points look very similar to a SpeedMerchant Rev5 which also just won Mod 1:12 at the 2008 Carpet Nats. I also like the fact they offer a t-bar version of the R5 as well. I still rather have damper rods instead of a damper shock for consistency reasons, but with the new shock design it looks like they may have found a way to make the shock just as consistent, if not more, as the damper rods.

Last edited by Apex; 03-22-2008 at 01:13 PM.
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 01:32 PM   #169
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowerOne View Post
Actually, circa '91 even Joel ran a 12L. Spash is the ONLY Top 12th driver, besides Rheinard, I know of that hasn't publicly run some version of AE 12th scaler, and to be honest the HB car really isn't anything more than a brushless optimized L4.

Every car out there currently is a strong package. AE, BMI, CEFX, Corally, CRC, Darkside, Diggity, HB, Serpent, Speedmerchant,(in alphabetical order, and did I miss anyone? ) all offer excellent platforms. This car will be AWESOME. I've seen it in person, actually had one in my heat at the US Indoor Champs in the hands of Bob Stelflue. Pick your chassis and go racing, it's just that simple.
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 03:17 PM   #170
Tech Apprentice

FOR SALE

Last edited by TimPotter; 03-22-2008 at 04:26 PM.
IMTK422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 05:09 PM   #171
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CypressMidWest View Post
Actually, circa '91 even Joel ran a 12L. Spash is the ONLY Top 12th driver, besides Rheinard, I know of that hasn't publicly run some version of AE 12th scaler, and to be honest the HB car really isn't anything more than a brushless optimized L4.

Every car out there currently is a strong package. AE, BMI, CEFX, Corally, CRC, Darkside, Diggity, HB, Serpent, Speedmerchant,(in alphabetical order, and did I miss anyone? ) all offer excellent platforms. This car will be AWESOME. I've seen it in person, actually had one in my heat at the US Indoor Champs in the hands of Bob Stelflue. Pick your chassis and go racing, it's just that simple.
Yeah I remember seeing it at the Indoor Champs up close too. It has come along way. Originally the upper front end arms were real small with a weird castor system, and it was T-Bar. The only thing that didn't change was the pod and the lower arms really. (I am talking about the one that wasn't on RC50). Even then it was lightning fast. Wait until it is on the market for a couple of months.
Old 03-22-2008, 05:52 PM   #172
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCSteve93 View Post
Yeah I remember seeing it at the Indoor Champs up close too. It has come along way. Originally the upper front end arms were real small with a weird castor system, and it was T-Bar. The only thing that didn't change was the pod and the lower arms really. (I am talking about the one that wasn't on RC50). Even then it was lightning fast. Wait until it is on the market for a couple of months.
Cochran ran the T-bar car, Bob ran the link car. Bob's car was pretty close to the production chassis, according to what he told me.
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 06:19 PM   #173
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

What time release ?
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 06:30 PM   #174
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I talked to Don at associated yesterday and he said to look for it in about a month or so.. Parts are mostly done, revising manual, and should be a good car..

my take.. thunder tiger screwed up some of the timelines otherwise it would probably be here in a week or two lol

Timezone Raceway & Hobbies - http://www.timezonehobbies.com
rx7ttlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 06:32 PM   #175
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CypressMidWest View Post

Missed the Maverick... oh wait, We are still testing it lol..

Timezone Raceway & Hobbies - http://www.timezonehobbies.com
rx7ttlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 07:13 PM   #176
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrarimk13 View Post
oh, well i wasnt attempting to put it down, i was just trying to say that i dont think it can overtake other cars out there so easily, because there wasnt many testing races done with it, so it's hard to tell what its gong to be like. Professionally, i dont think it will do all too well, because the big names in 12th, like Spashett, Moore, Rheinard, etc. all race for an existing company, and wouldnt switch over. It may do well at club racing, as do most cars, but it wont be long until people starting changing things around on it, and soon enough, itll evolve into a new CRC or Speedmerchant, or something. To make it short, its like a cycle, starting with AE in front, and then on the end, its the tired out car.
1. The car will probably be cheaper than most others

2. Jon Orr still races for AE, correct? As far as I remember, he was only beaten by Spashett at the last worlds...

3.You will see parts from this car on other cars. The molded "football" is pretty sweet, and I'm sure will turn up elsewhere, along with the front end.

4.Brian Jucha made a nice run at the nats last week with an L4. 2nd in stock i think, and he built the car like 2 weeks before the event, holding out for the new car. The car was stock except lowered pod plates maybe?? He'll have the new car soon.

All the cars out there now are very good. This car will be very good as well. Probably will not dominate everything else, the other cars are too good for that. It will be competitive, I'm sure as much as the car its replacing.

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 12:01 AM   #177
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallstreet View Post
spashett did however use the associated front end on a few of his 12 scale championship endeavors
Apart from the Corally SP12X, there haven't been any 12L front ends on his Trinity and other Corally cars. One endeavour - and a rather successful one!!
SlowerOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 07:48 AM   #178
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to Ferrarimk13

well, its true that the AE front end is definitely the most succesful, just look at how many drivers are using them, lol. John Orr is very good, i forgot that he drove for AE. Itll be a good battle in 1/12 this year, definitely, im just surprised they are coming out with it, towards the middle to end of the indoor season.
Old 03-23-2008, 08:42 AM   #179
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrarimk13 View Post
well, its true that the AE front end is definitely the most succesful, just look at how many drivers are using them, lol. John Orr is very good, i forgot that he drove for AE. Itll be a good battle in 1/12 this year, definitely, im just surprised they are coming out with it, towards the middle to end of the indoor season.
And just a few months before the next "IFMAR ON ROAD WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS", When should they release the car?

Steve
corallyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 12:55 PM   #180
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Correct me if I am wrong but I think Jon Orr retired from RC.