R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-19-2009, 09:56 AM   #1681
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to CarlosG.

Thanks 2056dennis for the picture.

Now can someone help me out with this problem. Ever since I had the car I have not been able to get the rear of the car to stay planted. I run on asphalt. I have 20wt in the center shock with the black spring and 15 wt in the side-to-side shock with green side springs. I have tried pinks and whites in the rear with purples and dbl pinks in the front. The center shock is even set on the bottom whole on the forward mount. I run 10*static caster with the fat spacer in front and thin spacer in the rear of the arm. I start to loose rear traction as soon as the Paragon wears off. I have driving it on carpet and I have no problems their. It is great on carpet, except for asphalt. Their are 5 other guys that drive the same car, but they can get their car to stay somewhat planted. I even tried their setups and still no good. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks to all that can help me.
CarlosG. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 11:33 AM   #1682
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlosG. View Post

Now can someone help me out with this problem. Ever since I had the car I have not been able to get the rear of the car to stay planted. I run on asphalt. I have 20wt in the center shock with the black spring and 15 wt in the side-to-side shock with green side springs. I have tried pinks and whites in the rear with purples and dbl pinks in the front. The center shock is even set on the bottom whole on the forward mount. I run 10*static caster with the fat spacer in front and thin spacer in the rear of the arm. I start to loose rear traction as soon as the Paragon wears off. I have driving it on carpet and I have no problems their. It is great on carpet, except for asphalt. Their are 5 other guys that drive the same car, but they can get their car to stay somewhat planted. I even tried their setups and still no good. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks to all that can help me.
Max your caster out (arm in back) and put the 5 deg bocks on. That will pull a lot of steering out of the car. You can add a .030 shim under the rear body post also.

DK
PartTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 11:43 AM   #1683
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AreCee View Post
Yes, most would be too tall or too long unless you get the 1500mah 10C ones. You don't want the battery to straddle the links or impede the pod.
do you happen to know what size would fit? Im getting the car some time later this week (ordered from LHS) the size im looking at is a hard case zippy flight max, 137x45x23mm and they are 5000mah and 30c 2S

I have a few for my brushless truggy
fallguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 12:07 PM   #1684
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallguy View Post
do you happen to know what size would fit? Im getting the car some time later this week (ordered from LHS) the size im looking at is a hard case zippy flight max, 137x45x23mm and they are 5000mah and 30c 2S

I have a few for my brushless truggy
Wouldn't know, never measured since I only used 4 cell NiMH and now 1S lipo. So I really don't know.
AreCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 02:40 PM   #1685
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlosG. View Post

Considering you've tried other known working set ups and it didn't work for you I would be looking for a problem in my execution of my set up, ie stuff that doesn't show up in a set up sheet like a smooth diff, PERFECTLY smooth and loose side links and center pivot, smooth bearings, properly working front end etc. Send me a PM and I'll get you my e-mail address so you can send me your complete set up.
|◤ReflexRacing.net◢|◤Protoform◢|◤AVID R/C◢|
andrewdoherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 02:43 PM   #1686
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallguy View Post
i dont think we care much about the class racing.. a bunch of us are just getting into it. 1c with the booster seems like a pain

I dont think the 12R5.1 needs a saddle pack, or would most 2S be too tall to fit under the shock.
A typical 2s battery won't fit in a 12th. I strongly suspect any 2s battery you find that would fit in the car, would be too low of a capacity to not have to seriously worry about run time.
|◤ReflexRacing.net◢|◤Protoform◢|◤AVID R/C◢|
andrewdoherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 10:32 AM   #1687
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Hey guys, when you shim the upper arms in do you put on longer turnbuckles or just use the original ones? Thanks
Old 10-20-2009, 01:02 PM   #1688
AE-Reedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHMOTORSPORTS View Post
Hey guys, when you shim the upper arms in do you put on longer turnbuckles or just use the original ones? Thanks
Just use the stock turnbuckles.
Sean Cochran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 03:38 PM   #1689
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Cochran View Post
Just use the stock turnbuckles.
Thank you Sean..
Old 10-20-2009, 04:39 PM   #1690
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Sean,

Just bought a R5.1, Have run it at The Gate a couple of times. The car is really good right out of the box. Really looking forward to Halloween race. See you then.

chuck
mackin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 04:54 PM   #1691
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

I know there is a list somewhere on this thread, but could someone please post the part numbers needed to convert a 12R5 Brushless to a 12R5.1. Thanks in advance.
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 06:28 PM   #1692
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex View Post
I know there is a list somewhere on this thread, but could someone please post the part numbers needed to convert a 12R5 Brushless to a 12R5.1. Thanks in advance.
8537 left
8538 right
8511 lower pod
4687 brace/stand off
4688 upper pod
4608 hub
4609 cone
25201 screws
31530 screws
AreCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 08:24 PM   #1693
Tech Addict

CarlosG, make sure the side shock is not mounted upside down at the chassis brace end. If the extended part of the ball is not down towards the spacers it will slightly bind and cause just the probem you are having.

And yes it will mount up that way. All it takes is being in a slight hurry and having a 2.5 mm allen head in your hand instead of a 3 mm. Don't even ask how I know ;-)

Ed M.
bentgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 09:17 PM   #1694
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to CarlosG.

I have gone over the car and found some of the pivot balls were loose, and the shock is mounted the way it is the picture. I have had this car for at least 6 months and it is getting worst. Right now I have a new chassis plate on order to see if that might be the issue. I will be glad to figure this issue out someday.

Last edited by CarlosG.; 10-20-2009 at 09:28 PM.
CarlosG. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 08:34 AM   #1695
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Are your rear hubs still holding the tyres straight on the axle?
craig mcphee ( WHERE'S MY BEER )
mangoman is offline   Reply With Quote