R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-22-2009, 01:32 PM   #1576
Tech Master
 
RBMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Santa Clara CA
Posts: 1,264
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdunnmcp View Post
Where can I get a 5.1 I can't find them anywhere.....

Steve Dunn
Indianapolis USA
A-main had some this morning
__________________
-EMBX6,T8 1400, RX8, 5S Lipo ,Elite-RC, RCM tray
-EMBX6,T8 1350, RX8, 5S Lipo ,Elite-RC, RCM tray
-B44 (Novak)
-ROAR 4 cell rule Blows
RBMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 01:35 PM   #1577
Tech Elite
 
Scottmisfits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 3,104
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

The distributors were sold out of them until a few days ago. The shops should start to get them trickling in any day.
Scottmisfits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 02:53 PM   #1578
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 300
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

this may have been asked already and if so i apologize. I plan on getting the 5.1 version. I am new to onroad but have raced 1/10 electric offroad for a few years. The local indoor carpet track runs 13.5. What do i want to get as far as spare parts, ESC/motor and what is a good servo choice. I currently run LRP and novak in the off-road stuff. What should i get as far as tuning spring and shock oils too. Will i need to get a tire truerer or do people make pre-trued foam tires?


regards,

christopher
cstroh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 10:59 AM   #1579
Tech Master
 
RBMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Santa Clara CA
Posts: 1,264
Default

I aslo would like advice on servo selection for the 5.1.
Thanks for any input.
__________________
-EMBX6,T8 1400, RX8, 5S Lipo ,Elite-RC, RCM tray
-EMBX6,T8 1350, RX8, 5S Lipo ,Elite-RC, RCM tray
-B44 (Novak)
-ROAR 4 cell rule Blows
RBMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 05:05 PM   #1580
AE-Reedy
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 762
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Hello every one, I've been on vaction since the IIC. I'll get some setup sheets filled out and post what we ran.
Sean Cochran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 12:48 AM   #1581
Tech Addict
 
HaraR40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bunbury WA
Posts: 517
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default please help

Hi all,

i need help please. I ran my 12r5 today for the first time at our track. I ran it in a car park for about 10 minutes but it would just spin out when i tried to go. I have now used sunscreen for traction additive as my paragon isnt here yet. The track is a low grip asphalt with some real tight corners and some sweepers. the car just doesnt steer. i put it together and dont know what i should change first. Heres my setup:

GTB 4 cell ESC with 10.5 brushless motor
4 cell 4600's, spektrum receiver, hitec servo

front springs: 0.20 (stock)
centre spring: CRC red (medium but softer than the gold kit spring)
side springs: CRC Blue (soft - same as associated black)
very slight toe out on front
1 degree camber
3.25 degree caster
10 degree reactive caster
1 shim below arm and 3 above on kingpin (as per kit manual)
Diff tightness - can just turn spur when holding both wheels
ride height - 5.5mm front and rear
standard droop spacer in shock
shock collar wound in about 2mm to make centre of car 5.5mm high
Body is the speed 8

tires front - Jaco magenta - 1/5 inside with sunscreen
tires rear - Jaco yellow - full sunscreen

The rest was built as per the kit manual incase i forgot to mention anything.

The car goes dead straight when i punch the throttle from standstill so i think tweak is all good. The rear holds on really well with no slippage since i used the sunscreen too.

What should i look at first to get better steering/handling?

Please help as its my first 1/12th and i have no idea where to start.

Alex
__________________
Full alloy Micro-t, orion 10,300kv brushless
Corally RDX PHi Drifter - 8.5T Lipo
Axial AX10 Crawler, Vanquish chassis/knuckles, tekin FXR/35t, lipo, DNA dig, HB rovers...
HI Blitz ESE, 10.5T, Lipo
HaraR40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 01:47 AM   #1582
Tech Regular
 
scribbler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 429
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Does Associated have an aluminum screw kit for the 12R5? and why not? I've looked everywhere, and wasn't able to find anything that would work.

My second question is, when are the 12R5.1 parts going to show up on the market?

These questions may have been answered already, I didn't scan through all the pages. PLEASE HELP!!

And to the HaraR40 who posted before me, try moving the battery forward, if you haven't already. I could never get a pan car to work right on asphalt. Tried a couple of times and gave up. RC10 website has a lot of setup tips if you have time to scan through them.
Sorry

Thanks
scribbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 02:58 AM   #1583
Tech Master
 
1fastdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Sinsinnati
Posts: 1,920
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by INTRIGUED View Post
Yeah I can't find the 5.1 upgrade anywhere.
From my understanding there is NO upgrade to the 5.1 sorry
__________________
Team Horizon-Team Spektrum-Tekno-Kyosho*B-FAST R/C Performance*TQ Racing Wire Products-TNT-FX.COM-Avid RC-Dynamite-*AKA*92Zero Design*
1fastdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 03:46 AM   #1584
Tech Master
 
PartTime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Sterling hts MI
Posts: 1,029
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

First I would dope 1/2 or more of the front tire to see if that works well enough. If you need more then try this.


AE .018 front spring
5 deg reactive caster
pull the cross brace off

Next, the blue crc spring feels like its between ae blue and gold. Drop down to ae silver or green. That should let the chassis roll around more in the back and give more weight transfer.

Go up 5wt on center shock oil.

HTH
DK


Quote:
Originally Posted by HaraR40 View Post
Hi all,

i need help please. I ran my 12r5 today for the first time at our track. I ran it in a car park for about 10 minutes but it would just spin out when i tried to go. I have now used sunscreen for traction additive as my paragon isnt here yet. The track is a low grip asphalt with some real tight corners and some sweepers. the car just doesnt steer. i put it together and dont know what i should change first. Heres my setup:

GTB 4 cell ESC with 10.5 brushless motor
4 cell 4600's, spektrum receiver, hitec servo

front springs: 0.20 (stock)
centre spring: CRC red (medium but softer than the gold kit spring)
side springs: CRC Blue (soft - same as associated black)
very slight toe out on front
1 degree camber
3.25 degree caster
10 degree reactive caster
1 shim below arm and 3 above on kingpin (as per kit manual)
Diff tightness - can just turn spur when holding both wheels
ride height - 5.5mm front and rear
standard droop spacer in shock
shock collar wound in about 2mm to make centre of car 5.5mm high
Body is the speed 8

tires front - Jaco magenta - 1/5 inside with sunscreen
tires rear - Jaco yellow - full sunscreen

The rest was built as per the kit manual incase i forgot to mention anything.

The car goes dead straight when i punch the throttle from standstill so i think tweak is all good. The rear holds on really well with no slippage since i used the sunscreen too.

What should i look at first to get better steering/handling?

Please help as its my first 1/12th and i have no idea where to start.

Alex
PartTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 04:49 AM   #1585
Tech Addict
 
HaraR40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bunbury WA
Posts: 517
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default :)

I'll try it out with some more traction compound first then. I had removed the front brace as someone else told me to do this before i got the kit.

is this spring set the correct one for the 12R5?

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXCKS9&P=7

I have a friend with one so it will be fine having two of each. Then i'll get some associated fronts and side too.... its much too hard and annoying comparing the CRC to the associated ones every time i read a setup sheet

I'll give it another go this weekend and see how it goes with more traction.

cheers
Alex
__________________
Full alloy Micro-t, orion 10,300kv brushless
Corally RDX PHi Drifter - 8.5T Lipo
Axial AX10 Crawler, Vanquish chassis/knuckles, tekin FXR/35t, lipo, DNA dig, HB rovers...
HI Blitz ESE, 10.5T, Lipo
HaraR40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 05:03 AM   #1586
Tech Elite
 
mangoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 2,981
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

HaraR40 here the top guy has us running the green center spring. Ive tried the black which seemed good, but im not good enuff to tell the difference.

Tyres have you tried purple fronts pink rears? Thats pretty standard. You can also try double pink fronts for more steering but wear is greater.....
__________________
Hot Bodies Cyclone!!!
www.smaracing.org
www.rchobbies.com.au - www.feralbatteries.com.au
craig mcphee ( WHERE'S MY BEER )
mangoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 08:42 AM   #1587
Tech Apprentice
 
INTRIGUED's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Duluth, MN
Posts: 78
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fastdude View Post
From my understanding there is NO upgrade to the 5.1 sorry

To my understanding its the rear pod from the oval 1/10 scales from associated. I'll post here after I get a link.
INTRIGUED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 09:37 AM   #1588
Tech Addict
 
John_S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Scotland
Posts: 724
Default

There are no new parts on the r5.1 they are all existing parts. try a part number search and you will find them
John_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 01:32 PM   #1589
Tech Master
 
EricF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: AZ
Posts: 1,526
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_S View Post
There are no new parts on the r5.1 they are all existing parts. try a part number search and you will find them
um, that's not a correct statement. left and right pod plates, pod brace and top pod plate are different from the 5.

8536 and 8537 bulkheads
4687 Motor mount standoff
4688 Graphite shock mount

E
__________________
<
AE 12R5.2 (x2) - TC7 - M05 - M05V2R

People who don't have to wait for the latest item, should not tell those that do, that "It's worth the wait"
EricF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 01:55 PM   #1590
AE-Reedy
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 762
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scribbler View Post
Does Associated have an aluminum screw kit for the 12R5? and why not? I've looked everywhere, and wasn't able to find anything that would work.

My second question is, when are the 12R5.1 parts going to show up on the market?

These questions may have been answered already, I didn't scan through all the pages. PLEASE HELP!!

And to the HaraR40 who posted before me, try moving the battery forward, if you haven't already. I could never get a pan car to work right on asphalt. Tried a couple of times and gave up. RC10 website has a lot of setup tips if you have time to scan through them.
Sorry

Thanks
The screw kit will be available very soon from AE, we are just waiting on a few of the screws to arrive. As soon as they are ready we will make a press release on it.

The R5.1 pod parts are all available, there was a slight delay on the graphite part but everything is now in.
Sean Cochran is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
*Team Associated RC12R5* Zdiddy R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 8 08-31-2008 12:03 PM
RC12R5 Setup Sheets Cubic$Racing Electric On-Road 2 06-20-2008 10:27 AM
Team Associated RC12R5 ammo Singapore R/C Racers 12 05-15-2008 08:37 AM
AE RC12R5 alana07 Singapore R/C Racers 3 03-27-2008 09:56 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:12 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net