Wiki Posts
Search

GT10 Class

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 07:11 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

dear baby jesus,

Please have my db10 shipped and in my hands sometime before the weekend of the 19th. As you know, my wife and kids will be out of town that weekend, and well it sure would be great to spend that quality quiet time with a new kit.

thank you

your humble RC subject

when will the bmi db10 ship out? ask yourself, WWJD?
Old 04-07-2008, 07:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

So when can we actually order one?
Old 04-07-2008, 07:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Originally Posted by tbeardmore
So when can we actually order one?
You can contact BMI directly, they are taking pre-orders, and have said they will ship in ~two weeks. (only thing left is anodizing to be finished) Once the kits are ready to ship, they will contact you directly for payment information. They will not charge you till the kit is out the door. Great cars and great Customer service.

If you want a CRC - you can preorder on their site. However I've heard lots of people that have preordered as far back as mid feb, and have gotten no updates on a release date, even after multiple emails and follow ups looking for a status on estimated ship date.
Old 04-07-2008, 07:53 PM
Tech Regular

Nothing scientific as there are a lot of variables (not to mention different drivers), but here are the fast laps from the first race of the BBR LeMans cup held at the Ground Pounders club in Santa Rosa (north of San Francisco)

235mm lipo/10.5, gtp body: 8.9 seconds
235mm 4cell/19t, gtp body: 9.5 seconds
200mm 6cell/10.5, gt body: 9.3 seconds
For comparison the fastest sedan 19t lap was 9.9 seconds and 1/12 17.5 was 9.5 seconds.

Both 235mm cars were RC10Ls, and the 200mm car was an RC10L3T.
Old 04-07-2008, 08:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

or you can buy the darkside car which has been out for a year or a 10lss which came out ~10 years ago and are regularly on ebay..
Old 04-07-2008, 08:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I finally got to practice with my GT-10 (10LSS, HPI Viper, 4cell, 19T) at Jackson in NJ this past Saturday. Lots of good feedback from onlookers, although the track was dusty and my tires were not the even remotely close to the correct shore.

It was a completely different feel from TC, as expected, and was easily faster than the 19T/10.5 TCs. In fact, with the dusty conditions it was a handfull on corner exits.

I'm going to try running a TC rear wing on the Viper body because it seemed to lack high speed downforce. Proper tire is also on the menu for next week.

All in all, I can't wait to race an entire field of these realistic cars. The rivalries are going to be great and the budget is more my pace.
Old 04-08-2008, 03:12 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nemix
dear baby jesus,

Please have my db10 shipped and in my hands sometime before the weekend of the 19th. As you know, my wife and kids will be out of town that weekend, and well it sure would be great to spend that quality quiet time with a new kit.

thank you

your humble RC subject

when will the bmi db10 ship out? ask yourself, WWJD?
I am really trying buddy. I am waiting for some parts to come back from anodize and then we are ready. If all works out i may be looking at a week or 2
Old 04-08-2008, 09:51 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey
I did 6 cell stock last Wednesday. I posted a video in the pro 10 thread here. Ran a HPI NSX body (Old design). The video I put was just practice after the racing was over but I did run it against stock TCs but w/o a transponder so no lap times and I wasn't allowed to affect the other drivers (ie: no overtaking etc).

Tomorrow night we'll have a heat of Pro 10. As far as I know there will be 4 narrow pans and 1 wide pan. I'll possibly try a different battery/motor arrangement tomorrow.

Hey GreaseMonkey, just thought I would let you know that Fast Cats is planning on running a Pro 10 class this summer on the outdoor track. I am hoping that the class will be a hit and be included in the summer trophy races as well. Thought I would let you know so any of the boys from RCO that wanted to race cold join in.
Old 04-08-2008, 11:12 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I posted on the forums there a while ago that if they got something running I'd head down as often as I could.

Our outdoor tracks (Onroad and offroad) in Ottawa will be holding an event on the weekend of August 22nd, 23rd and 24th (friday will be set up and practice day) and I'm trying to convince the race director/organiser to allow Pro10. He might if we get enough interest. It's going to be awesome. Both onroad and offroad at the same event. We even use the same driver's stand. Face one way and you have on road, turn 180 degrees and you have offroad.
Old 04-08-2008, 03:03 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Greg Sharpe
I finally got to practice with my GT-10 (10LSS, HPI Viper, 4cell, 19T) at Jackson in NJ this past Saturday. Lots of good feedback from onlookers, although the track was dusty and my tires were not the even remotely close to the correct shore.

It was a completely different feel from TC, as expected, and was easily faster than the 19T/10.5 TCs. In fact, with the dusty conditions it was a handfull on corner exits.

I'm going to try running a TC rear wing on the Viper body because it seemed to lack high speed downforce. Proper tire is also on the menu for next week.

All in all, I can't wait to race an entire field of these realistic cars. The rivalries are going to be great and the budget is more my pace.
OH NOT THE TC WING. BAN IT NOW! :P
Old 04-08-2008, 04:19 PM
Tech Elite

i'm already not a fan of the narrow cars, but if we are being forced to run them atleast lets keep big stupid wings off of them..
Old 04-08-2008, 04:22 PM
Tech Lord

Give it time with the narrow cars buddy. When you see how well the newer cars handle i think you will be very impressed. I have been doing alot of testing with our new car and the older pan cars do not compare on or off the track.
Old 04-08-2008, 04:34 PM
Tech Elite

if a class of them pops up at MDI i'll be getting one, till then i am running my wide car.. i keep hoping potter or baptiste get one.. those guys could wheel 12th scales but just got burnt out on the batts.. maybe these plus lipo will bring them back to pan cars..
Old 04-08-2008, 07:33 PM
Tech Lord

Batts seem to be an issue with alot of the classes. 4 cell batts dont take as much of a beating as 6 cell. Lipo really is appealing and i will be getting going with lipo very shortly. I found that max amps also has a saddle pack that is of size and shape that i want and it is available. I have a lipo stick pack but i found it really sloppy looking with the wiring and the only way i could get the car to balance out was by offsetting the battery to the right. The brushless speedo is heavy(LRP) and the servo,PT, and receiver do not weigh enough to counterbalance the speedo. The only other option was to add weight and i refuse. I will be ordering the saddle pack tommorow and testing it as soon as it arrives. I have all types of conditions to run in so i feel it will be a great test. I ran 1 of my lipo saddle packs from max amps and the car ran great. I want to try it again with the final changes i made to the car before we went into production. I am really looking forward to it.
Old 04-08-2008, 11:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tallyrc
i'm already not a fan of the narrow cars, but if we are being forced to run them atleast lets keep big stupid wings off of them..
To each his own really...but hopefully as more of these cars hit the track, people will see how much fun they are and join in on the fun themselves. I know I will when I get the chance.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.