GT10 Class

Old 02-26-2008, 11:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hmmm, I tried a different converter and you are right. Thanks for the heads up... I will try a few others...
Old 02-26-2008, 11:31 AM
Tech Elite

LoL, I was using the liquid one... I'll update the specs.. haha
Old 02-26-2008, 11:49 AM
Tech Elite

Okay, I updated the download with 41oz or 1162g. I would even round it down to 1160g if need be. Sorry, it was late and I used the wrong conversion. I used the fluid oz converter..
Old 02-26-2008, 11:58 AM
Tech Regular

LOL, Jimmy make a mistake? Never!

Jimmy, do you have a car on order yet? I am really looking forward to trying one of these out. Can't wait to see what you think of different ones.
Old 02-26-2008, 11:58 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Wow,thats pretty heavy
Old 02-26-2008, 12:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by protc3
Wow,thats pretty heavy

It is...but it's lighter than the ROAR rulebook listed weight which is 42.3 ounces
Old 02-26-2008, 12:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trackdesigner71
It is...but it's lighter than the ROAR rulebook listed weight which is 42.3 ounces
That weight was for 6 cells. Like I said before, we need to not worry about detailed rules now. They will work them selves out locally and what makes the most sense will become accepted.

Keep in mind that by putting forth all these rules proposals you are hurting the development of this class as much as helping it. When people see what they don't like that don't want to participate. It better to let them get their cars and run whatever they want. Let them make mistakes and find out for them selves what is best.

There is not way to hurry or help along this process...believe me I have tried...lol!
Old 02-26-2008, 12:21 PM
Tech Champion

I think the point here is to set up some sort of a baseline. Chances are that a lot of the stuff (like weight. and powerplants particularly) are going to be changed as guys start running these more regularly and seeing what works and what doesnt at the track.
Old 02-26-2008, 12:50 PM
Tech Elite

I can understand. I'm just throwing ideas out there. I have no idea what manufactures have as far as idea's for specs. If you notice though. My specs are Roar specs. But altered to 200mm. The weight is from the Roar 4cell oval specs. Just having fun. If you want me to stop. I can. This is GT10 class. Not Pro10. Up to you guys. I can just keep this in email form between myself and Trackdesigner.

Tom, I'll let ya know later on. I'm still waiting on seeing what else is out there.
Old 02-26-2008, 01:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Guidlines are good, for sure, and Adrian has a point. I know that in my area 4-cell will be good for the time being. Someone will try 6-cell and Lipo, and eventually the 4-5v oddball lipo stuff, and we'll hammer out all the details soon enough. Warmth is coming to the northeast, or so I'm told.

WARNING, OPINION: A few people have stressed that new classes will dilute the established classes. The same was said back in 1997 when TC took hold. I race as many classes as I can logistically handle. For me, Pro/GT10 will be yet another class to have fun with. I'll still race my TC in one of the many classes available for that. On the same raceday my nitro TC and Pro/GT10 will also hit the track. Bottom line, more revenue for my local track! Good for business, good for longevity of the hobby.
Old 02-26-2008, 02:09 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Greg Sharpe
Guidlines are good, for sure, and Adrian has a point. I know that in my area 4-cell will be good for the time being. Someone will try 6-cell and Lipo, and eventually the 4-5v oddball lipo stuff, and we'll hammer out all the details soon enough. Warmth is coming to the northeast, or so I'm told.

WARNING, OPINION: A few people have stressed that new classes will dilute the established classes. The same was said back in 1997 when TC took hold. I race as many classes as I can logistically handle. For me, Pro/GT10 will be yet another class to have fun with. I'll still race my TC in one of the many classes available for that. On the same raceday my nitro TC and Pro/GT10 will also hit the track. Bottom line, more revenue for my local track! Good for business, good for longevity of the hobby.

At this point the items in the specs most likely to change are the powerplant (battery/motor), overall length, overall height and the weight. The rest of the stuff Im pretty sure won't be too much of an issue. I know that Cunningham has done some pretty extensive testing with some guys out in CA, and Bob-Stormer has done some testing as well, so there is some knowledge out there. Really we arent gonna have anything truly definitive until we start seeing these things in groups on track
Old 02-26-2008, 02:45 PM
Tech Lord

Wasnt knocking you buddy. I think it is cool that people are getting involved. I was a little surprised on the weight because i was expecting maybe 35 oz or something along those lines. I havent actually weighed my car yet to be honest. It just sounded a bit on the high side.

I really think that this class will go with 4 cell indoor and 7.4 lipo outdoors. I would really like to see the class be slower and have it be a drivers class but thats just me. I like the idea that the florida state series has on there trans am class. They run 4 cell stock TC's and they rely on driving the perfect lines. The TA class was actually the largest class from what i heard at our last state series race. The guys had a blast and if they blew a line, they had to work to get it back. With alot of HP you can blow a line and not suffer too bad. Racing costs are really alot less this way. Just my oppinion.
Old 02-26-2008, 03:26 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by protc3
Wasnt knocking you buddy. I think it is cool that people are getting involved. I was a little surprised on the weight because i was expecting maybe 35 oz or something along those lines. I havent actually weighed my car yet to be honest. It just sounded a bit on the high side.

I really think that this class will go with 4 cell indoor and 7.4 lipo outdoors. I would really like to see the class be slower and have it be a drivers class but thats just me. I like the idea that the florida state series has on there trans am class. They run 4 cell stock TC's and they rely on driving the perfect lines. The TA class was actually the largest class from what i heard at our last state series race. The guys had a blast and if they blew a line, they had to work to get it back. With alot of HP you can blow a line and not suffer too bad. Racing costs are really alot less this way. Just my oppinion.

I think 4 cell indoor and lipo outdoor is a great idea. Our first (in many years) pro10 race last weekend on a fairly large outdoor track proved (in my mind) that 6cell/lipo 13.5 is a good combination of driveability and speed. Can't wait to try the same drivetrain in a 200mm with GT body.......Excuse me GT10.

Jason.....one issue we had were a few chunked tires. I know, do hit things....but with board tracks its a fact of life. This one criticism could really hurt this class. Can you make a tire saver (much like the ones from Serpent used to make for 1/8th scale. I think it would be a big seller and remove one obstacle a lot of people mention when foam tires are mentioned.
Old 02-26-2008, 03:44 PM
Tech Champion

I wouldnt see a problem with it myself. It appeals to the LiPo crowd AND it appeals to the folks that dont want this to be stillborn out the gate because of speed and what not. I'll let Jimmy weigh in on this too.

I thought Id toss this out there, how would it go over if we did it kinda like A1GP did it in the early years, and that was to have two races. Have a sprint race of like 5 minutes or something to set the field and then have a feature race of like 8-10 minutes. I know that a lot of qualifying formats would lend themself to that sort of thing
Old 02-26-2008, 04:06 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by jrrc
I think 4 cell indoor and lipo outdoor is a great idea. Our first (in many years) pro10 race last weekend on a fairly large outdoor track proved (in my mind) that 6cell/lipo 13.5 is a good combination of driveability and speed. Can't wait to try the same drivetrain in a 200mm with GT body.......Excuse me GT10.

Jason.....one issue we had were a few chunked tires. I know, do hit things....but with board tracks its a fact of life. This one criticism could really hurt this class. Can you make a tire saver (much like the ones from Serpent used to make for 1/8th scale. I think it would be a big seller and remove one obstacle a lot of people mention when foam tires are mentioned.

I will take a look into it. I am kicking around a bunch of ideas for the cars. I will keep you all posted.

13.5 and 6 cell is a great combo for outdoors. What i want to try is 13.5 and 4 cell and see how intense the battles are. I know this will be slow. I want it to be because it will make me drive that much better. I have never tried this and it may be like watching paint dry but hell, I wanna try it and see how the battles are. The biggest problem i have seen in all forms of RC racing is that with alot of power, you can cover many mistakes because the motor helps you recover from a bad line and covers poor setup. I want to force myself to get my car right without being dependant on a strong motor. This is a test and on an outdoor track may put me to sleep but as i said in many posts, I cant knock it till i try it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.