Wiki Posts
Search

GT10 Class

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 05:05 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SlowerOne
The Rules for the World GT at Vegas; just my 2p...

Weight limit 40 ozs (1133 grammes) is too high. We find that the Corally and BMI cars build up with steel screws and no hop-ups, with BL speedo, normal receiver, EnerG cells and standard body at about 1050 grammes (37 oz). I'd have to add 120 grammes of weight (3 oz!! ) to make the IIC limit, and that's adding to costs, not making it a cheaper class.

Just dragging this up as I ran a 10L3T in 4 cell configuration today. With IB4200s, GTB, Orion 13.5, full size servo and an HPI NSX body (Older style) the car weighed 2.511 lbs. That's 1139 gms which is very close.
Old 09-07-2008, 06:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

I built and raced my first GT-10 this week........I wish I'd done it sooner. Really simular to my 1-12th that I'll run all winter [in terms of tuning and handling]. Plus this is very easy to get into on the cheap. I have a RC10 SS with the LRP sphere 07 and Novak 13.5 ....std servo size...PT..Corvette body by HPI....weighed in at 1212grams...

Last edited by scootr117; 09-07-2008 at 06:48 PM. Reason: sp
Old 09-07-2008, 06:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I got my Pantoura end of last week and I am seriously jazzed to get everything else I need to run WGT/GT10
Old 09-07-2008, 07:22 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I just thought I would take a sec to say I ran a pro10 today for the first time and it was a blast! (BMI by the way)

Anyone setting back thinking about getting into this class should just go ahead and do it. I cant wait to run it some more.
Old 09-08-2008, 12:37 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Rob Burns
Just dragging this up as I ran a 10L3T in 4 cell configuration today. With IB4200s, GTB, Orion 13.5, full size servo and an HPI NSX body (Older style) the car weighed 2.511 lbs. That's 1139 gms which is very close.
Most of the new cars are considerably lighter. I ran my 10L3T today with pretty much the same configuration but for a 10.5 motor and 4600 cells; with big tires (which add a lot of weight) it weighs in at 1213 grams. By contrast, my SpeedMerchant car (awsome!) that I ran at the IIC needed 50 grams of lead to meet spec
Old 09-08-2008, 01:03 AM
Tech Elite

OK I wasn't going to post this because the picture sucks due to my camera not being able to read the color properly, but I am so stoked about this new body I have to share. It is painted with Parma Faskolor Faslucent Red backed by Faswhite for the nicest deep red I have ever seen (you'll have to take my word for it) not the salmon color you see here I didn't think that a GT body could make that much difference in performance on a WGT car so I was actually shocked at how great this new body is.

First of all, it looks fantastic on the track. It is a very good representation of the Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione. Protoform has to call it the "Sophia GT" It got lots of looks and comments at the race today. The big surprise to me was how it transformed the performance of my car. I have never had this much steering in the car but it also had great rear traction. I was able to compete with 235mm cars with GTP high downforce bodies that I could never run with before. Dale told me that this body would "work well" but that's an understatement.

This "new" class is the best thing that has happened to RC racing in a long time and this is the first purpose-built body for it and its a home run

Old 09-08-2008, 01:38 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

That is a Sweet looking Body!

Even with the Pink Paint j/k

I am hoping we will have a WGT class here soon.
Old 09-08-2008, 07:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by odpurple
OK I wasn't going to post this because the picture sucks due to my camera not being able to read the color properly, but I am so stoked about this new body I have to share. It is painted with Parma Faskolor Faslucent Red backed by Faswhite for the nicest deep red I have ever seen (you'll have to take my word for it) not the salmon color you see here I didn't think that a GT body could make that much difference in performance on a WGT car so I was actually shocked at how great this new body is.

First of all, it looks fantastic on the track. It is a very good representation of the Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione. Protoform has to call it the "Sophia GT" It got lots of looks and comments at the race today. The big surprise to me was how it transformed the performance of my car. I have never had this much steering in the car but it also had great rear traction. I was able to compete with 235mm cars with GTP high downforce bodies that I could never run with before. Dale told me that this body would "work well" but that's an understatement.

This "new" class is the best thing that has happened to RC racing in a long time and this is the first purpose-built body for it and its a home run

Yes the photo dose suck big time. The car look great,
Old 09-08-2008, 08:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (89%+)

dude. even if the pic was a bit iffy, i still like what you did on the paint job of your ride!

is that a prototype? coz i havent seen it yet on the protoform website...
Old 09-08-2008, 09:15 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I think I just found which body I'll be running. I've been a big fan of Alfas for as long as I can remember (despite their reliability issues). I nearly bought an Alfetta about 10 years ago but it needed too much work.

Actually my favourite Alfa is not really an Alfa, it's a Giocattolo. Basically an Alfasud with a midmounted V8.

Old 09-08-2008, 09:34 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Tommi Makkinen
dude. even if the pic was a bit iffy, i still like what you did on the paint job of your ride!

is that a prototype? coz i havent seen it yet on the protoform website...
It's real. A few of them made their way to the IIC. I would have spray-bombed mine if it wasn't deemed illegal because it wasn't out in time for the event. The shell looks much better in person, it really is stunning.

BTW, I love the salmon color!
Old 09-08-2008, 10:41 AM
Tech Elite

I probably couldn't make that color if I tried. If I did I wonder what my colorblind camera would see; maybe red?

Protoform releases new products on the 15th of the month, so I would expect to see this body on the website next Monday or so
Old 09-08-2008, 11:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Sweet lookin Ride!!!! Alfa fan from back in the 90's Alfa 155 Gabrielli Tarquini

Doin it on 2wheels! man that was a race and one heck of a year.

and 1993 DTM Alfa 155.

Well here I took a chance and well is this better ? no
Attached Thumbnails GT10 Class-img_0025.jpg  
Old 09-08-2008, 11:50 AM
Tech Elite

Still looks like sushi
Old 09-08-2008, 08:31 PM
Tech Elite

Still looks like sushi
It would have look better if i would have been told i was on the same lap as you and Mr. Brown.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.