Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GT10 Class

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 06:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I know this class is supposed to be GT style bodies, but man this one is pretty.
http://www.prolineracing.com/p-591-mulsanne-lmp.aspx
Old 07-15-2008, 07:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

That is wicked looking. Since I am not racing at the moment I think Ill pick one of those bodies for practice.
Old 07-15-2008, 08:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Wow!! That Body Looks AWESOME!
Old 07-15-2008, 09:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JCarr
I know this class is supposed to be GT style bodies, but man this one is pretty.
http://www.prolineracing.com/p-591-mulsanne-lmp.aspx
Whoa! That's worth updating the rules for.
Old 07-16-2008, 07:12 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I agree...that is an awesome looking body (was expecting the MGTS and AR8C this month but this is way nice!) Man 10th pan is looking better and better by the day. With some folks running their 200mm cars with GTP/LMP bodies this would fit perfectly
Old 07-16-2008, 09:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

I want one almost more than the HD PewJoe 235 Body!!!

DALE:

>>>> WAY COOL <<<<<
Old 07-16-2008, 09:56 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Im not sure if this has been brought up already, but I want to hears some opinions on it so here it is.

How important do we, (the racers, consumers, promoters) feel cost control will be in this class?

I personaly would like to see this (WGT/gt10/ 1/10thpan) billed as the revival of on-road racing. I feel thought that for this to happen cost control must remain a major factor when descisions around designing, producing, and purchasing these cars are made.

Everyone knows (I guess anyway) that TC's did not start out expensive. We allowed them to become expensive. What can or should be done to keep this from happening?

Go!
Old 07-16-2008, 10:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Funny you should bring this up. I do feel that there should be some kind of cost control, but I do not have any suggestions on how to do it. I have been following this for a few months now and can remember reading that the idea of these cars was to be a cheap way to get in. I have been trying to get a class of these going in my area, but nobody wants to run them really because (initially) they do cost the same as a lot of touring cars. I will be anxious to see other peoples thoughts and suggestions as it may help me in my area.
Old 07-16-2008, 10:30 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

In my opinion there is no reason a company should exceed the $300 range with one of these chassis. And if they do we might as well just scrap the class now.
Old 07-16-2008, 10:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

It would be nice to see the rules for this class drafted to outlaw Carbon Fiber chassis components. That would be one way of keeping costs down without having a firm retail price limit. But now that there are already cars out there that have them and cost as much as a TC I don't see any way of going back.
Old 07-16-2008, 10:57 AM
Tech Elite

Pan cars are cheaper than touring cars by nature. IMO its not the cost of the kit that makes a class expensive but what you do after you open the box. There are fewer areas to upgrade on a pan car so therefore less money you can spend on it.

Personally, I'm not interested in building a cheapo fiberglass pan car, and most people that would be will upgrade the car over time to make it more expensive than starting with a cf kit anyway.

Of course you could make it a spec class but as anyone that races TCS knows that is not cheap either
Old 07-16-2008, 01:04 PM
Tech Regular

One of the main concerns for running costs are tyres prices. Due to the low demand, prices are still pretty high for gt class wheel sets. It'll be a while before they come down to a more affordable range.

Btw, since we're on this topic, where are the good choices to buy wheelsets from?
Old 07-17-2008, 09:20 PM
RLS
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

No offense, but if you guys go with that body you might as well stick a fork in the class now.
Good looking body, but I agree with the fork. Should try to adhere to production cars.
I really like the LMP body style for racing and I also respect that a lot of racers want to see this new 200mm Pan Car class be limited to GT style bodies. I'm curious as to why it's felt that the LMP style hurts the class. Is it a question of improved handling/performance that's unwanted or is it a desire to make the class more appealling to prospective new racers because of the mainstream production body styles?

I discovered R/C Racing in 1990 running carpet On-Road with a 1/10th pan car. The track had no body rules so I ran a Mustang, a Camaro, even a huge '57 Chevy body having great fun painting up a new body every couple of weeks. As my driving improved and I became more competitive I gravitated towards the GTP/LMP body styles out of choice. I think it would be best to be open and not overly restrictive with body rules for this class at the club level. I think it's cool to see some Corvette's, Saleen Mustangs and Toyota Supra GT's racing around the track and the guy who likes to run the Mulsanne LMP body should be welcome too.
Attached Thumbnails GT10 Class-591_1_.jpg  
Old 07-17-2008, 09:40 PM
Tech Master

The bodies of the World GT class look more like cars that the average person can associate with. This could help bring more new people into the class. The Pro10 class uses the LMP style body for that true prototype race car look.
Don't get me wrong, as I like the return of pan cars to the RC racing scene. It's just great having cars that look like real street cars.
The new narrow LMP cars could be used inside or on carpet, or places where a 235mm chassis is too big. I have several narrow Associated Jag bodies that would be great for this narrow (200mm) chassis.
Can you imagine racing both the GTs and LMPs at the same time just as they do in the real world. What a kick that will be.
And by the way...... Pan cars rule !!!!
Old 07-17-2008, 10:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mrrcguy
In my opinion there is no reason a company should exceed the $300 range with one of these chassis. And if they do we might as well just scrap the class now.
I agree...$290 for a pan car?....TC5R is $350

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.