Wiki Posts
Search

EPIC Outlaw motor question

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2003, 07:06 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default EPIC Outlaw motor question

Hi all.

I have a brand new EPIC Outlaw 19 turn motor I got this weekend, and when spinning the comm with a pinion gear on it, I get a much less "chunky" feeling as it turns, like the magnets are weak. I did the same thing with a friend's P2k Pro, and his felt like the magnets were much stronger... any ideas?
Old 06-30-2003, 07:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Well I believe what you are feeling is the Binary mag feel of the motor. I do not own a Epic "quad mag" motor but I do own a Reedy KR. The KR will spin like there are no mags in the motor. So I think what you are feeling is the progress of the new motor....have you run it yet? How did it compare to the older 19t?

Jeff
Old 06-30-2003, 07:15 AM
Tech Apprentice

It doesn't actually feel that fast... is there any sort of "break in" time like on nitro engines [I own an RS4 and a T-Maxx, and am just getting back into electric].

It's definitely in the 20+ mph range, but I guess I have to play with the gearing. I dropped 3 teeth on the pinion gear [24 - 21] and it seems to have a higher top end.

Oh, and is there any way I can drop a 2 speed in my electric TC3?