SMC 28C 4000/5000 Hardcase Lipo part 2

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SMC 28C 4000/5000 Hardcase Lipo part 2

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 12:32 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Colorado, USA, The land of the free and the home of the brave!
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Danny/SMC
Just buy them now while the wires come out the side. It's very hard to come out with a product that will fit everyones need. The number one goal of our Lipos is to offer the lowest IR and highest average voltage. Due to all the RTRs with BL motors we have to look into top wire positioning.
Is there a possibility where the case could be slotted so the wires could be posistioned in both a top and side wire configuration, or would that eliminate the "hardcase" safety?
To me that would seem to please everybody,
But that may not be of par to what ROAR needs for safety of a hardcase lipo.
Old 07-07-2008, 12:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by a_main_attendee
Is there a possibility where the case could be slotted so the wires could be posistioned in both a top and side wire configuration, or would that eliminate the "hardcase" safety?
To me that would seem to please everybody,
But that may not be of par to what ROAR needs for safety of a hardcase lipo.
You have a type-r right? the core RC fits with wires coming out of the top, I wouldn't discount that their packs won't fit in the car just yet.
Old 07-07-2008, 12:41 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Colorado, USA, The land of the free and the home of the brave!

yeah, but i know the promatch won't fit, and they have top wires. I guess it would be a matter of finding some old configuration cells or finding somebody at the track with the new pack to let me see if it will fit.

I do understand how my car is in the minority and how top wires may be beneficial to most as well.
Old 07-07-2008, 01:48 PM
Company Representative

Hopefully our new website will be up soon.

For anyone who needs the wires coming out the side you can buy a pack now or in the next 6 weeks or so. The wires on top will only be available in a month or so.

The problem we have is the packs are produced and assembled in one place and to have wires coming out the side or top would require extra part numbers and inventory which is not good. I think that the change we have made to have the wires on top will work for more applications than it currently does now with side wires. It's very hard to have where it works perfectly for everyone.
Old 07-07-2008, 04:47 PM
Super Moderator

Hopefully our new website will be up soon.

For anyone who needs the wires coming out the side you can buy a pack now or in the next 6 weeks or so. The wires on top will only be available in a month or so.

The problem we have is the packs are produced and assembled in one place and to have wires coming out the side or top would require extra part numbers and inventory which is not good. I think that the change we have made to have the wires on top will work for more applications than it currently does now with side wires. It's very hard to have where it works perfectly for everyone.
Agreed, while I like the side-exiting wires for my application(my Tamiya 416), I have no problem with the top-exit version, I can make use of that if need be. And if that's what the majority of cars needs to make the pack an easy fit, then that's what you gotta do. It may not look as pretty with strapping tape on it, but as long as it'll still make the car run like a scalded dog, then it's fine by me....
Old 07-10-2008, 11:52 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

What cells do you guys use in your 5000 packs? Enerland, Saehan, Kokam?
Old 07-10-2008, 12:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jeff Crosson
I dont they ever revealed that. I may be wrong though
Old 07-10-2008, 08:01 PM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by Jeff Crosson
We don't use any of the major Lipo manufacturers. The manufacturer we use is relatively new at making high C batteries but so far out of all the cells we have tested his cells have the lowest IR and highest average voltage.

I hope people can understand that we don't want to reveal our source as we spent allot of time and money to come out with our Lipo line. Our supplier makes the high C rate cells using the best materials exclusively for us but we still need to protect our source.
Old 07-11-2008, 11:25 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

We don't use any of the major Lipo manufacturers. The manufacturer we use is relatively new at making high C batteries but so far out of all the cells we have tested his cells have the lowest IR and highest average voltage.

I hope people can understand that we don't want to reveal our source as we spent allot of time and money to come out with our Lipo line. Our supplier makes the high C rate cells using the best materials exclusively for us but we still need to protect our source.
Your secret is safe with me Batman.....LOL Thanks for all the help. I have the Equinox dialed in. Now all I need is some luck on my side and I should just fine for this weekend. If I'm ahead of Mo do I have to pull over before the finish line.....
Old 07-12-2008, 05:52 PM
mo
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST
Your secret is safe with me Batman.....LOL Thanks for all the help. I have the Equinox dialed in. Now all I need is some luck on my side and I should just fine for this weekend. If I'm ahead of Mo do I have to pull over before the finish line.....
I don't think that will be a problem after your runs today, except when I come around to lap you.
Old 07-13-2008, 07:06 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by mo
I don't think that will be a problem after your runs today, except when I come around to lap you.
You got lucky. I was testing Still bummed about the radio though. I have no clue what the problem could be now other than the spektrums for KO have a glitch. C-ya in about an hour.
Old 07-13-2008, 12:06 PM
Tech Elite

Any new word on the release date for the saddle packs?
Old 07-16-2008, 12:10 PM
Company Representative

Today were starting to ship out our new 3200/28C/7.4V pack. This new pack comes in the same casing as our 4000 pack and retails for 135.00. This pack uses the same materials as our 4000 and 5000 packs so the IR and voltage is very good. We were asked to release this pack as the 21.5 ROAR Oval class has a 3200 mAh limit.

Here are the numbers of a random pack cycled at 35 amps. 334 seconds , 7.28 average voltage and 7.9 IR.

Saddle pack samples are in and I have sent out a pack to a racer to test the fit and wire length. As soon as we know that the fit is o.k. we will go into production. The pack will be rated at 4900/22C and will come with 10 gauge wire to keep the resistance as low as possible. The dimensions are H 25mm x L 67mm x 45mm.

The pack I tested at 35 amps has 515 seconds , 7.34 average voltage and 7.2 IR. I think this is pretty good especially when you consider the length of the jumper wire.
Old 07-21-2008, 09:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Hi Danny,

Will the new SMC 5000 packs with the wires coming out of the top be available in time for the IIC? Thanks.

Bill
Old 07-22-2008, 02:19 AM
Tech Initiate

for Danny : who sell SMC lipo in europe?

many US seller do not ship oversea.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.