Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BMI DB10R!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 04:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Our club has a spec class w/ HB Cyclone S (which runs HPI silver cans and 1500Mah batteries) and it is the closest racing at our club. It's a lot more fun to watch than the other classes because everybody is so close.

Slowing down the racing doesn't lessen the fun.
Old 02-25-2008, 04:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

First of all, this pro/gt10 class looks like an excellent way to go. Loads of 200mm bodies, versatility in terms of batteries and motors, and the ability to span from beginner speeds to beyond current modifieds, all on a relatively easy to tune chassis. The question I have is are the tires made by the usual suspects?
As there seems to be some people with more 'history' in pro10 on this thread i figure its as good a place as any to ask. what is a 10LS? I know of the 10L, is the S variant that has me curious.
Old 02-25-2008, 04:51 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hey bob,

Here are some pics of my C6 vette before i gave it all its bumps and bruises. Let me know when you get more in becasue i would like a new one. I painted it up exactly like my real one. Now i just need chrome wheels for it to be a perfect match
Attached Thumbnails BMI DB10R!!!-db10r-1.jpg   BMI DB10R!!!-db10r-2.jpg   BMI DB10R!!!-db10r-3.jpg   BMI DB10R!!!-db10r-4.jpg  
Old 02-25-2008, 04:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by protc3
Hey bob,

Here are some pics of my C6 vette before i gave it all its bumps and bruises. Let me know when you get more in becasue i would like a new one. I painted it up exactly like my real one. Now i just need chrome wheels for it to be a perfect match
I think you need it painted up in your paint scheme
Old 02-25-2008, 05:00 PM
Tech Lord

Now we are talkin

How you been dude?
Old 02-25-2008, 05:08 PM
Tech Master

Not to bad just working a lot & yourself?
Old 02-25-2008, 05:12 PM
Tech Lord

For an update:

We cut the final production carbon fiber parts today and will continue through tommorow. We made the final changes to the car. It looks really good. We changed a few things to make it not as bulky and more user friendly. On the last prototype, i made the car for battery access through the bottom. At my last race with the car i found this to be pretty clumsy. I ran 2 classes and was rushing around to get the car ready and each time i had to load batteries i had to turn the car upside down and put it on my lap. Good thing i didnt like thos jeans much because throughout a day of racing, they absorbed alot of tire sauce Because of this i made the top deck/side wings 2 pieces and made it a top load battery so now 3 screws and the battery brace comes off and you can load the batteries with your car on your pit table instead of your lap.

I also changed some of the cutouts to clean the car up some. I will post the studio pics shortly of the finished product. I think you guys are really going to find it attractive. I am really pleased with this car.
Old 02-25-2008, 05:13 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Kropy
Not to bad just working a lot & yourself?
same here
Old 02-25-2008, 05:35 PM
Tech Master

This is what I've been working on, It's a 1972 John Deere 7520 that I'm helping to restore for my boss which happens to be my uncle.
Attached Thumbnails BMI DB10R!!!-large.jpg   BMI DB10R!!!-watermerk.jpg   BMI DB10R!!!-watermerk1.jpg   BMI DB10R!!!-watermerk2.jpg  
Old 02-25-2008, 05:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey
Our club has a spec class w/ HB Cyclone S (which runs HPI silver cans and 1500Mah batteries) and it is the closest racing at our club. It's a lot more fun to watch than the other classes because everybody is so close.

Slowing down the racing doesn't lessen the fun.
Exactly.

I feel people have an odd mindset that faster is better racing, and it's really just the opposite. What limiting the insanity does is takes a bit of the edge away from the really fast guys (which is the rare ability REALLY wheel a car at insane speeds). Evens out the competition, the racing is tighter, cars last longer, tires last longer, everybody has more fun.

If a person had the choice to be in a race where 2 guys out of 10 were 4 laps faster than everybody else and the gap between the top and bottom is 8 lap? or EVERYBODY was within 2 laps of each other, where do you think the racing is going to be better?

The speed is what it is. The racing will be better, more accurate, tighter, more realistic, less stressful, and simply more fun.

Only the people that have never made an effort to try all the more efficient motors, and longer race times would argue the point.

Who wouldn't want a 15 minute main, instead of a 5 minute main? That's triple the value!
Old 02-25-2008, 05:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by snowyelan
As there seems to be some people with more 'history' in pro10 on this thread i figure its as good a place as any to ask. what is a 10LS? I know of the 10L, is the S variant that has me curious.
I believe the "S" stood for strut. As it was the first 10L they put the dynamic strut front suspension on. Was used to differentiate from the original 10L. Hence, 10L"S".

If I'm wrong don't tell me, I have a fragile ego and a fading memory.
Old 02-25-2008, 05:54 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I had a 10LS. The rear pod (and hence t-bar) is offset to one side after the main chassis. It's in the middle of the chassis so it's not an Oval car. I think I have some pictures somewhere. If I find them, I'll upload them.

Edit: For some reason I thought it was being compared to the 10L2, not the 10L.

Anyway, here's the manual for the LS
http://aedownloads.com/downloads/man...0ls_manual.pdf

Last edited by GreaseMonkey; 02-25-2008 at 10:35 PM.
Old 02-25-2008, 09:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by protc3
Hey bob,

Where's the rear wing? Not a true GT race car till you got one of those like the C6R.
Old 02-26-2008, 03:09 AM
Tech Lord

The wing went on for the race.
Attached Thumbnails BMI DB10R!!!-vette.jpg  
Old 02-26-2008, 03:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ferrarimk13
youre right, im new to electric in general, ... i dont get why people are getting obsessive about slowing these cars down, if people wanted to go slow, then they would be able to buy a nikko, and toy around with that.... and turn to the pure rc form, nitro, where power is actually popular.
The thing most newer racers don't realize is the comparative speeds today to about 10 years ago. A good Mod motor used to be around the 13 turn Triple range it was all the batteries, tires, car designs, could handle and much more than any newbie could hope to keep between the boards.

Flash forward to today, I still have some new never run motors from my mod sponsor back then, I've dyno'd them against the Stock motors of today... there isn't much difference, added to that the advances in battery technology and I could make a well set-up stock car today run faster than a mod car of last decade.

The reason people are interested in slowing things down is to grow the sport. for every newbie we keep due to the fun speeds we loose 2 or 3 who get tired of braking parts and while trying to master the learning curve of driving and car maintenance. Granted there are a few newbies who take right to it, perhaps yourself but those individuals are not enough to return us to the popularity we had in the 90's.

The reason it doesn't matter 'what's inside' is when its all said and done, it's still racing. As with restrictor plates in Nascar, slow-em down and the racing is closer, I'm amazed at how the Trans-Am class is developing. 4-cell stock motor touring and guys are mixing it up for 8 minute mains and seeing some close racing where a small blemish with the wall doesn't put you a lap down.

Well this is long winded enough, I hope you get the idea, or at least see why the veterans say it's getting too fast. Oh.. and half of nitro's popularity comes from longer runs, possible with a little less current draw

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.