Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BMI DB10R!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 11:37 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I ran schreffs setup except with a stick lipo and 17.5 and couldnt get the car to make 5 minutes without screwing itself into the carpet at about 3 minutes into a race. It seemed to have a little entry push then mid corner do a 180 and couldnt figure out what was causing it.any suggestions?
Old 03-01-2009, 02:33 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Sounds like you may want to go to the standard flex plate without the set screw. Lipo down the center will require a little different setup. We did try it and found the saddle pack is a much better handling setup. I would try to add all of your lead weight to the rear of the car. Try less camber(maybe 1.5 degrees) and maybe go to the 5 degree blocks with 4 degree of static caster.
Old 03-02-2009, 04:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sportpak
What are the chances of Stormers having the "RR" spec brushless pod DB10?
Well, I suppose you could contact them and ask
Old 03-07-2009, 01:06 PM
Uga
Tech Regular

Has anybody found a good matching foam bumper for the car?

And BTW here's my car, going to try it out tomorrow

Old 03-07-2009, 09:36 PM
Tech Lord

Really any TC bumper will work fine. I just make new holes in them
Old 03-08-2009, 10:43 AM
Uga
Tech Regular

Had my first practice with the car and wow - that was a blast! After driving 1/12 modified the DB10R with 10.5 motor in it seemed sooo stable and easy to drive right out of the box. I really enjoy the car, thanks to Jason and his team!
Old 03-08-2009, 04:37 PM
Tech Master

Hi guys, I ran my DB10 today at our winter series meeting and I just wanted to post my thoughts on it. I ran the car at the beginning of the day where there was little grip and it was fantastic. Just straight out of the box, really REALLy nice! It was a little over geared at the time though and the next heat was about to start so I pulled it in for the time being. I managed to give it another run towards the end of the day, once we had some grip. It was still good but the front springs were too soft and the car was on the edge of traction rolling most of the time. Still, it was really awesome going around and the car did get alot of people talking about this car, and this class of racing. I normally race 1/12th circuit cars and used to race Pro10's many years ago so have some experience with pan cars but I have to say that for a car out of the box, on it's first time out on a big carpet track, well, it was awesome! Not sure what tyres I had on (they were out of my VERY old Pro10 wheel/tyre box) and it had a 9x2 in running a 4.8v pack and a Corvette b'shell. Cheers guys, Chris.
Old 03-09-2009, 12:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sportpak
C'mon guys, this thread has been quiet too long....

I am real close to ordering a DB10 from Stormers; however, I am worried about getting an old kit with the narrow pod. What are the chances of Stormers having the "RR" spec brushless pod DB10?
I emailed Stormer and they have the DB10R not the RR.
Old 03-09-2009, 02:21 PM
AOD
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Xtant3150c
I emailed Stormer and they have the DB10R not the RR.
Jason did not rename the 10R like he did with the 12R. He just updated the kits as of a certain date. So they either need to check what's inside or check with Jason on which kits were sent to Stormer.
Old 03-09-2009, 05:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AOD
Jason did not rename the 10R like he did with the 12R. He just updated the kits as of a certain date. So they either need to check what's inside or check with Jason on which kits were sent to Stormer.
Seems to be a bit of confusion on those.

To solve that, Stormer Hobbies, just today, gave the 10"RR" a different part number so folks know they are getting the car they are seeking. Nobody wants to take a chance and get the wrong car. If you want the original or you want the RR, you want the specific car and you don't want the other. This should help.

This link shows both, and how they are accurately listed.
http://www.stormerhobbies.com/cgi-bi...umb=on&smode=0
Old 03-10-2009, 08:36 AM
Tech Lord

Glad you guys are enjoying the cars. I really enjoy running this class.

To stop the traction rolls and tippy feeling, I run my tires pretty small. I run the fronts and rears at 2.080. I use lilac spec tires also along with all the stock kit parts.
Old 03-11-2009, 01:11 AM
Tech Master

Here's a pic of the track I ran the car on (we run clockwise). I need to borrow my friends tyre truer as the rears are quite big so have to run around 6mm ride height. Really enjoyed running the car around this track as the final three corners going onto the main straight could be taken as one long sweeping corner in you got the line correct and then carry MEGA speed down the main straight. A lot of people came over to my pit area after seeing the car going around and thought is was some sort of new TC with LiPo's and supa dupa brushless system. They were pretty shocked to see it was a pan car, with a brushed (albeit very quick) motor and only a 4 cell pack! We run in a couple of weeks at the last round of our series so I'll tell you my thoughts about the car once finished up there. Cheers, Chris.

Old 04-03-2009, 11:23 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

We have just started running carpet here in my area and we are all new to it. I have a DB10R and on the front tires I sauce them half way on the inside and have noticed that the area of the tire that did not get any sauce has glaced over after a few runs is this normal?
Old 04-04-2009, 03:19 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by BIGBOT
We have just started running carpet here in my area and we are all new to it. I have a DB10R and on the front tires I sauce them half way on the inside and have noticed that the area of the tire that did not get any sauce has glaced over after a few runs is this normal?
That is normal. That area of the tire picks up the gunk from the track.
Old 04-04-2009, 07:15 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by protc3
That is normal. That area of the tire picks up the gunk from the track.
Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.