Wiki Posts
Search

Global Body Spec

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 07:22 PM
Tech Addict

Default Global Body Spec

Let me see if I understand this.
There is a Global Body Spec and no Global Body Spec Bodies?

Am I right that no 1/10 scale 190mm body currently has been approved by ROAR as meeting the Global Body Spec.

I am curious-
Is this basically a design problem? i.e. - the current bodies do not meet the GBS so new molds will need to be made.

or
A production problem the molds have been changed but not enough have been produced to release them to distribution.

or is it an approval problem
i.e. - there are several bodies that already meet the GBS (most of the ones with the 3/31/2008 exp date possibly) standard but the manufacturers were confused, disorganized or slow in submitting those bodies for formal approval.

In otherwords will we be seeing a bunch of bodies out there in the marketplace with little 'Rev 2.0' labels or will most of the temporarly approved bodies already out there simply all get ROAR Approved stickers in a few weeks?
Old 02-13-2008, 07:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Please use search

Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez
In the morning, the ROAR website will have an announcement with body numbers that have been given a temporary expiration date of 3/31/08.

These bodies that will be listed fell outside of the Global Body Specifications and in the best interest of the ROAR membership and the Carpet Nationals to be held at HobbyPlex in March, ROAR has granted several body companies an extension to correct the failing dimensions on those bodies. These bodies will fall off the list on 3/31/08 and must be presented to the ROAR Body Committee for a complimentary reevaluation as per the GBS rules.

The GBS rules have been in place since the 2007 rule book printing and body companies have been well aware of this change. ROAR's recommendation to the membership is always keep tabs on the body approval list as bodies are given limited approval dates in many situations.

Thank you!
Dawn
Old 02-13-2008, 08:39 PM
Tech Addict

Default Hmmmmmmmmm

I have read that message
its the cause of my question not the answer.
Old 02-13-2008, 10:07 PM
Tech Champion

there's been a lot on the plate at ROAR HQ between people bailing and finding replacements and solving issues on the list to resolve. i'm gonna cut em a little slack. they're extending current bodies because there's a race soon and its gonna be a little bit before any bodies are approved and filter down to the lhs.

seeing how the GBS is global, i think IFMAR should be teching the submitted bodies too.
Old 02-14-2008, 05:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by imjonah
I have read that message
its the cause of my question not the answer.
Well, its either because the shells weren't re-submitted in time and/or because they don't meet spec. Nicely, ROAR has included the spec in their manual so that anyone can measure up their shell and see if/why the shell does or doesn't meet spec. If it measures up, perhaps is because someone didn't re-submit their shells to be (re)approved. If that is the case, it may be because the company is expecting to release a new shell and wanted to phase out all the older shells from inventory first. This part sucks becuase it causes a bunch of people to scramble when trying to get ready for races, and just may lead to a bunch of spraybomb paint jobs.
Old 02-14-2008, 07:48 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Timmay is pretty close.. There was some confusion on the resubmittal side.

The approvals team is working hard to have everything uppdated. Just because the dates were pushed out to the 31st of March does not mean all of those bodies do not conform to the GBS.

Some of the bodies on the list meet the GBS, some do not, manufacturers are working on molds to replace the ones that do not .