Wiki Posts
Search

SERPENT 120

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 10:14 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Bob-Stormer
Well, everybody loves a photo.

I figured I would give one a try too, I kinda like it. Here's a few pics, clean and before the racing, and then how she came off the track after the main with the body. Ended up running 5 packs of practice, 3 qualifiers and the main. Missed the first qualifier because I was still building the car at the track.

How'd it work? Well, that body was on it the whole time. I plan to run it at some more events.
Thanks for the pics. really nice. Glad you like it!!
Old 12-16-2008, 10:18 AM
Tech Adept

[QUOTE=Crashby;5173493]
Well, everybody loves a photo.

I figured I would give one a try too, I kinda like it. Here's a few pics, clean and before the racing, and then how she came off the track after the main with the body. Ended up running 5 packs of practice, 3 qualifiers and the main. Missed the first qualifier because I was still building the car at the track.

How'd it work? Well, that body was on it the whole time. I plan to run it at some more events.

Yeah!! I love my new S120!! It's the most expensive 1/12th car ever produced but once you build one, you will understand why. The design and attention to detail is like no other 1/12th I have ever built and I have built just about all of them. I ran two weekends of racing and the body looked like it never was on the track!!!

It does have one weak point. The T bar needs a redesign and they need to do it quickly. The T bar needs to either be wider or it needs a four screw pivot ball cup instead of a two screw pivot ball cup at the rear. Making the T bar wider would be the easiest but then they would have to move the batteries out away from the center line of the car and that would require a new chassis. Right now the two screw pivot ball cup makes the T bar very fragile due to very little T bar material around the rear pivot ball. The two screw pivot ball would work fine in the front of the T bar but at the rear, where most of the movement happens, it's just too weak. I am going to try and cut out some of my own T bars that use an Associated rear pivot ball cup. LISTEN UP SERPENT!! Just make all of the new T bars with a four screw rear pivot ball cup.
Crashby, thanks for the feedback and happy to hear that you like the product. The factory is already working on couple of things for improvement. T-Plate is one of them and also the servo centering issue as well. Appreciate your constructive comments and please keep it coming. Also any technical/setup advice, don't hesitate to ask. Mr. Blond is the right person for that.
Enjoy your S-120
Old 12-16-2008, 12:31 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Here is mine,
I would like to Thank Eddie "The Fox" Colon for helping me with all the Electric Stuff, This is my First Electric Car and Im still learning how it goes....

Old 12-16-2008, 12:40 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Eddie "The Fox" Colon S-120

Old 12-16-2008, 06:16 PM
Suspended

man these s120 are awesome!!!
Old 12-16-2008, 06:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

nice,but too much money i'll wait and buy one used in a few months
Old 12-16-2008, 07:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mickrcarver
I think most current owners will agree that the $25-$35 more it costs than say a BMI or Corally is well spent when you start building it. I felt more like I was building a touring car than a typical 1/12th car. Very nice, very precise.

Personally, I can't wait to get all the springs and T-bars and really getting it tuned that last 10%.

Whatever my style is, it's the opposite of my son's. A car that's good for me is loose for him. Ya gotta piddle with cars to make them fit you. And that's the fun part, looking for the perfect car (for you).
Old 12-16-2008, 08:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I got a PM about the bumper. They don't come with a bumper. I whipped that up for fun. Also I swapped the body mounts to accommodate that change. The fronts are on the back.

Also, it weighs 878 grams as shown, track ready with my bumper.

Last edited by Bob-Stormer; 12-16-2008 at 08:42 PM.
Old 12-16-2008, 10:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

I got a PM about the bumper. They don't come with a bumper. I whipped that up for fun. Also I swapped the body mounts to accommodate that change. The fronts are on the back.

Also, it weighs 878 grams as shown, track ready with my bumper.
I put all Lunsford Ti screws in mine and with a Black Arts coupe body the car comes in on my digital scale at 862 grms.!!!!! The Black Arts bodies are really light and you have to run the narrowest rear track, which for the S120 is 68mm, or the rear wheels stick out past the body. I don't know why they made the bodies so narrow. But... my S120 works really well with the 68mm rear track.
Old 12-17-2008, 03:07 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Nice looking car will be nice to see one in person. I like the look of the pod

Last edited by protc3; 12-17-2008 at 03:18 AM.
Old 12-17-2008, 03:39 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

has anyone taken some 'hits' with that front end yet? i'd really like to see a close up for the upper arm.
Old 12-17-2008, 07:04 AM
Tech Adept

I think most current owners will agree that the $25-$35 more it costs than say a BMI or Corally is well spent when you start building it. I felt more like I was building a touring car than a typical 1/12th car. Very nice, very precise.

Personally, I can't wait to get all the springs and T-bars and really getting it tuned that last 10%.

Whatever my style is, it's the opposite of my son's. A car that's good for me is loose for him. Ya gotta piddle with cars to make them fit you. And that's the fun part, looking for the perfect car (for you).
New shipment is on the way and hopefully will clear customs by early nextweek. More kits and a large amount of spares and optionals are coming in. As always, we will service backorders first and then new orders on a first come first serve basis.
Old 12-17-2008, 07:06 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by protc3
Nice looking car will be nice to see one in person. I like the look of the pod
Appreciate your comments. Your product is also top notch
Old 12-17-2008, 07:18 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mickrcarver
I understand your point, but like Bob-Stormer said, there is a justification in the price difference because of the quality. We are also bringing new innovations to this class.

Hopefully very soon you will be able to get one and try it. Enjoy your hobby and have fun
Old 12-17-2008, 09:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Originally Posted by serpentamerica
I understand your point, but like Bob-Stormer said, there is a justification in the price difference because of the quality. We are also bringing new innovations to this class.

Hopefully very soon you will be able to get one and try it. Enjoy your hobby and have fun
you could send me one to try lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.