Wiki Posts
Search

Seven Roar Approved Bodies after 2/28/08

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 02:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

no kiddin

usually when I watch racing on the TV, it's the GT series. S7R's, C6's, 997's, M900r's and F360's .. those cars look good goin down the straight at the speeds they do.

but whenever I think of a stratus, I think NASCAR or someone driving down the city street.
Old 02-06-2008, 04:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racingboy14
I personally like the Mazda seris and it seems that it is a very popular body. Doesnt make much sense not to allow it...
The Protoform Mazda 6 and Speed 6 are still legal.

The Global Spec bodies rules are there to prevent bodies from warping into unrecognizable performance at all costs lumps. I am very happy to see these rules in place for Sedan and Oval bodies.
Old 02-06-2008, 04:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

wheres a list of all approved bodies??

Hollywood
Old 04-11-2008, 12:27 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)

I thought I would move my direction here rather than Q's Nat's thread.

I was thinking since IFMAR is the world organization. Why not list the bodies they have for ROAR. IFMAR uses the GBS also. So If a body is EFRA, FEMCA, "AKA" IFMAR legal. Than it would be ROAR legal also. Why does a manufacture need to pay ROAR to approve the body then send it to IFMAR to do the same exact thing? It seems like a waste of money and time.

It just seems like a government agency making more useless work. But not getting things done in a timely manner.
Old 04-11-2008, 01:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Glad that you moved the discussion.

What you say makes some pretty good sense. But is IFMAR as proactive as Roar is becoming? I don't know any details or anything about how IFMAR approves this or that or rules or anything. Perhaps some details to enlighten us.
Old 04-11-2008, 09:07 AM
Tech Champion

Well looks like the list was updated today of approved bodies.

Does anyone know what a Parma 10222 is for TC? I checked Parma's website but nothing.
Old 04-11-2008, 10:27 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I have spoken to Dale, and he has said he has submitted 3 bodies... They were submitted 2 or so weeks ago...

As far as the Parma, that prolly is the new GBS Parma...

Last edited by TimPotter; 04-11-2008 at 10:42 AM.
Old 04-11-2008, 10:52 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Maybe this is a question for the manufacturers but are these bodies that are being submitted different than what was approved already?
Old 04-11-2008, 11:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Yes they are. You'll see different mold lines and wing mounts that fit the GBS.
Old 04-11-2008, 11:05 AM
Tech Champion

Good question. I personally do not like the GBS ruling. It reminds me of the NASCAR fiasco with the COT. And previous cars.

i do not want a spec class. That is what the GBS specs do. ROAR is for racing and a body should be designed to look similar to something on the road. be it a concept or production full size. But as a racer i want what works for racing. i do not care about the scale appearance. If i wanted that I would look into a trans am class.

I just want ROAR to get there act together on the bodies. And yes I have contacted the manufactures. It is ridiculous we do not have a news letter anymore and we have this body issue. I will rethink my membership next year and maybe save my money for some of the bigger races other than a ROAR National.
Old 04-11-2008, 11:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I fail to see how this is ROAR's problem? the body manufacturers came up with the GBS rules awhile ago to prevent the japanese "blobs" from taking over. THEY haven't submitted anything for approval for the specs that they made
Old 04-11-2008, 11:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Issues like this are exactly why I wont spend my racing $$ on a ROAR race.
For me its all about getting the most enjoyment for my investment and having too many rules takes the fun out of it for me... just my opinion.
Old 04-11-2008, 12:24 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Club level is open, when it comes to national championships and the opportunity to make the worlds team, these rules become extremly important.

.2mm longer batts, .2mm wider rims, .3mm wider car.3mm diff on a rim, less resistance to air from the roof, or lack of, 4mm more wing ht, 3mm more wing width, 5mm narrower front fenders, 1 wind less on the motor, .1mm larger guage wire on the motor,.11 volts on the battery, all add up to a lot of 1/10ths on the race track. while the body looks like one minor thing, enough minor things add up to huge differences on the race track.

GBS was brought in over a year ago. Two publishings of the rule book have happened since then. A extension was given beyond the expiration date.

Bodies are coming in for approval and as they approve they go on the list. ROAR moves faster today then maybe it has ever done updating and posting info. REV UP is missed, that was done when RMT was created. I am torn you could go both ways on that. RMT is great. But I miss the newsletter.
Old 04-11-2008, 12:31 PM
Tech Champion

You may not like the GBS, but I believe it is because of your ignorance toward it. It in no way is designed to stifle innovation or to try and keep things in a common template.

It is designed to give ROUGH dimensions to keep a sedan, a sedan. The rule, does not in any way, make it a spec. A spec would be 1 body, common template.

Originally Posted by dodgeguy
Good question. I personally do not like the GBS ruling. It reminds me of the NASCAR fiasco with the COT. And previous cars.

i do not want a spec class. That is what the GBS specs do. ROAR is for racing and a body should be designed to look similar to something on the road. be it a concept or production full size. But as a racer i want what works for racing. i do not care about the scale appearance. If i wanted that I would look into a trans am class.

I just want ROAR to get there act together on the bodies. And yes I have contacted the manufactures. It is ridiculous we do not have a news letter anymore and we have this body issue. I will rethink my membership next year and maybe save my money for some of the bigger races other than a ROAR National.
Old 04-11-2008, 12:37 PM
Tech Champion

Actually IFMAR uses the body's that are legal in the specific BLOCK for the given race. So, if the worlds are in Europe, they use EFRA approved bodies, In the USA, ROAR approved bodies... So, until the rest of the sanctioning organizations fall in line.. we will have bodies that are legal in one BLOCK and not another.

Originally Posted by dodgeguy
I thought I would move my direction here rather than Q's Nat's thread.

I was thinking since IFMAR is the world organization. Why not list the bodies they have for ROAR. IFMAR uses the GBS also. So If a body is EFRA, FEMCA, "AKA" IFMAR legal. Than it would be ROAR legal also. Why does a manufacture need to pay ROAR to approve the body then send it to IFMAR to do the same exact thing? It seems like a waste of money and time.

It just seems like a government agency making more useless work. But not getting things done in a timely manner.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.