Search

Seven Roar Approved Bodies after 2/28/08

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 12:54 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Talk about boring bodies.

Dodge Stratus?

Yeah that car really conjurs up thoughts of speed and performance.

Lol
Old 04-11-2008, 12:56 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sabin
I just wish that some GT bodies be added.. Zonda, DBR9, etc

because personally I think the stratus, DNA, and mazda6 bodies look ugly.
Agreed!

But many racers would probably run a perfect wedge body if they could.
Old 04-11-2008, 01:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ammdrew
Club level is open, when it comes to national championships and the opportunity to make the worlds team, these rules become extremly important.

.2mm longer batts, .2mm wider rims, .3mm wider car.3mm diff on a rim, less resistance to air from the roof, or lack of, 4mm more wing ht, 3mm more wing width, 5mm narrower front fenders, 1 wind less on the motor, .1mm larger guage wire on the motor,.11 volts on the battery, all add up to a lot of 1/10ths on the race track. while the body looks like one minor thing, enough minor things add up to huge differences on the race track.

GBS was brought in over a year ago. Two publishings of the rule book have happened since then. A extension was given beyond the expiration date.

Bodies are coming in for approval and as they approve they go on the list. ROAR moves faster today then maybe it has ever done updating and posting info. REV UP is missed, that was done when RMT was created. I am torn you could go both ways on that. RMT is great. But I miss the newsletter.

1 point I am trying to make is that a National is less than 3 months away and as of yesterday (when I started talking about this and this morning the list is updated with 1 TC body) we had 1 body approved and it is no longer made. 3 months is not to far off when we start talking preparations and testing.

In the ROAR by laws it still reads we will have a newsletter. I think the ROAR leaders are letting us down on the newsletter. It was stopped a few years ago in print due to cost. And it went online. Now my member dues give what type of value? What is going on in my region? I have no idea because the lack of ROAR officials responsibility in making sure we have a news letter.

People may take this as ROAR bashing but sorry this is truth, and the truth is not always kind. ROAR officials have let us down in the news letter area.

Originally Posted by TimPotter
You may not like the GBS, but I believe it is because of your ignorance toward it. It in no way is designed to stifle innovation or to try and keep things in a common template.

It is designed to give ROUGH dimensions to keep a sedan, a sedan. The rule, does not in any way, make it a spec. A spec would be 1 body, common template.
Ignorance is also the inability to see another point of view. Rules produce a spec. And rules do limit innovation.

Originally Posted by TimPotter
Actually IFMAR uses the body's that are legal in the specific BLOCK for the given race. So, if the worlds are in Europe, they use EFRA approved bodies, In the USA, ROAR approved bodies... So, until the rest of the sanctioning organizations fall in line.. we will have bodies that are legal in one BLOCK and not another.

If all the blocks are using the same boy rules then can we use a body approved by say efra to run at a ROAR event? Seems like a logical thing and it opens the door to more bodies available.

Racers will use what works on the track. Have you ever scene a Protoform driver running a Parma Alpha at a big carpet race? I sure have. Guys will jump ship to use what works and wins for them.
Old 04-11-2008, 01:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Why not get rid of the 195mm body width rule? that's stifling the innovation!! How about some air control side dams like the slot cars? Now, that 's innovative!!

You will see my door stop "Mazda" in 2 weeks. I will be an iconoclast in the body molding world!!

/sarcasm

This is not trying to make spec cars. This is to prevent the bodies from going toward what slot cars are now, and more immediately, the pickup truck looking bodies that are popular in Asia.

ROAR isn't perfect, but who is? I just get tired of all the people who cannot see beyond the end of their nose, and cry about anything that may actually be an attempt to bring a small amount of ORDER.
Old 04-11-2008, 02:01 PM
Tech Champion

I get tired of people that can not have a discussion without trying to take this personal.

I can look past my nose quite well thank you and crying as you put it is called debating and discussing a topic or idea.
Old 04-11-2008, 02:28 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

I am more of a visual guy so lets see some pictures of these new bodies so I can make up my own mind.
Old 04-11-2008, 02:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Submitted Body Update
Tim is correct, 3 bodies were submitted by Protoform for approval. Two have passed and one is still in the works. Paper work should be in our hands first of next week so we should have an update on the list no later than mid next week.

Here is the break down. This all unofficial on a verbal from our testing lab until we actually have the paper work in our hands. Unfortunatly this is going to get real confusing for the general racing public.
Protoform:
Mazda 6 Protofrom Part# 1465-01. Passed GBS, 1465 is the part number molded into body. This is not the correct or entire part number as 1465-01 is the new part number. It will be identifiable by the PF4017 molded in the upper right corner of the front windshield.

Stratus 3.0 All Purpouse Protoform Part#1476-01. Passed GBS, 1476-01 is the same part number as the old un-approved body. This will be identifiable by the All Purpouse molded into the upper center of the front windshield.

Mazda Speed 6 Protoform Part# 1487, still in the works

What you'll have to be aware of is the new identifiers, these will be listed on the website as well. So if you buy one of these for use at the nationals make sure it has the above listed identifying marks otherwise they will not be legal as they ARE NOT the same bodies. I know this is confusing but Protoform is getting around the new part number rule by adding these unique identifiers.

Hope this helps guys.
Old 04-11-2008, 02:51 PM
Super Moderator

I am to lazy to search so what is this new part number rule?

Why not tell the manufacturers that you cannot use a part number that has already been used? I mean there has to be some logical thought behind this process. Please share.
Old 04-11-2008, 02:52 PM
Tech Champion

Thank you very much Ruben for the information. This is what I was looking for.
Old 04-11-2008, 04:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

There has to be another way to identify the new approved bodies other than the SAME part number but with a NEW # molded in the window....

When I goto my Hobby shop and order a PF1465-01 how will they or I know before actually getting the body in hand if it is the OLD NON-Approved one or the New one with the molded number in the window????

Is my Hobby shop owner supposed to ask his supplier to look at the bodies and make sure the correct number is "MOLDED" in the Window???

I see this being a HUGE problem when the new bodies come out and having both on the shelfs at the Distributors...

I know my local hobby shop is " if you order it BY PART number and it comes in wrong, YOU STILL PAY FOR IT AND TAKE IT"

Maybe ROAR needs to have the Companies add The "GBS" after the part number so WE the consumers know we are PAYING for and GETTING the correct item the first time!
Old 04-11-2008, 05:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kraig
I am to lazy to search so what is this new part number rule?

Why not tell the manufacturers that you cannot use a part number that has already been used? I mean there has to be some logical thought behind this process. Please share.
Kraig ..... as I am new to the Excomm I don't have all the answers or history behind some of these rules. The rule is 6.1.3.4 and states "All approved bodies are required to have the manufacturers ID and Body number molded in to the lower portion of the windshield or on the body below the point where a windshield would have been on the full scale counterpart. Otherwise, the proof of the legality of a questionable body is the responsibility of the driver"

They're providing what needs to be provided for our approval. They just choose to do it in a way that makes it real confusing for the consumer. Not much we, ROAR, can do about that. Unfortunately part numbers are issued by mfr's for their purpose and we have no way of controlling their business inventory ID practices and IMO ROAR shouldn't be dictating buisness practice of our affiliate mfr's as well. But that's my opinion.

The 1465 Mazda was the old part number. When you order a 1465-01 it should have the accompanying identifying marks.
Old 04-11-2008, 05:03 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by schurcr
Kraig ..... as I am new to the Excomm I don't have all the answers or history behind some of these rules. The rule is 6.1.3.4 and states "All approved bodies are required to have the manufacturers ID and Body number molded in to the lower portion of the windshield or on the body below the point where a windshield would have been on the full scale counterpart. Otherwise, the proof of the legality of a questionable body is the responsibility of the driver"

They're providing what needs to be provide for our approval. They just choose to do it in a way that makes it real confusing for the consumer. Not much we, ROAR, can do about that.
That I agree with but I think I did not state my question clearly, which is my fault. The question really applies to why re-use an already existing part number? That probably is a question for the manufacturers and not ROAR.
Old 04-11-2008, 06:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Unhappy

Maybe I should hold off on getting anymore DNA1's painted up
Old 04-11-2008, 07:39 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by JayBee
Maybe I should hold off on getting anymore DNA1's painted up
I do not think the DNA has been sent in after talking with Dale.

So sounds like this is going to be a running change. Now it will be a challenge for some of us to get our hands on these new bodies. Think about it, the bodies must be molded and packaged then shipped to the distributors. Then out to the LHS. I almost want to say we will just be seeing these new bodies just before the Nationals. WOW this is really pushing it. But at least we have some answere.
Old 04-11-2008, 10:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Nats is a close call; but by the iiC, we should be ironed out.......hopefully

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.