Community
Wiki Posts
Search

day before racing charging

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2003, 02:28 AM
Tech Adept

Default day before racing charging

hey i race tomorow and i havent got enough time to charge all my batteries tomorow so i was wondering if i could change them tonight and peak tomorow. will this hurt the batteries in any way. i have 2 gp3300 3sanyo 3000 and a sanyo 2400 i race in stock
thanks
Old 06-23-2003, 02:40 AM
Tech Elite

You wont get as much punch this way... which you need in stock.

I recommend some re-planning for charging. What about charging a single pack tomorrow, while you're consuming some food at home. Then charge the rest during the race.
Old 06-23-2003, 02:48 AM
Tech Adept

ok i think that the plan will be to charge my practice packs tonight and the rest tomorow
thanks
Old 06-23-2003, 09:31 PM
Tech Elite

Thumbs down night before

charging the night before is like leaving a bottle of coke open all night. Next day its flat and so will your batteries
Old 06-24-2003, 12:01 AM
Tech Initiate

I would charge practice packs the nite before (that's if you have practice packs) and charge your race packs the day of the race.
Old 06-24-2003, 12:09 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Re: night before

Originally posted by howard hudson
charging the night before is like leaving a bottle of coke open all night. Next day its flat and so will your batteries
but if i peak the batts just before my heats or finals, will dat solve the problem??
Old 06-24-2003, 04:58 AM
Tech Elite

It wont be as good as a fresh, complete charge.
Old 06-24-2003, 07:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default Gp 3300's

The time these batteries run at thier optimum is fresh off the charger.I time when I will charge the packs according to how many heats I have before my next run.Its takes 2150 seconds to charge my gp3300's at six amps so I see how many heats I have before I run next and start charging accordingly.They come off thecharger usually with 5 minutes of me using them.So if your thinking of using a pack thats been charged the night before.,beware,the won't perform and you will training them to perform poorly and you may lose run time.This is for gp 3300's.
Old 06-25-2003, 01:22 AM
Tech Regular

i find dischacrge the pack completely the night before then store it the next day discharge them again just before you charge them this seems to give the best full charge and higher longer lasting voltage.
Old 06-25-2003, 01:35 AM
Tech Initiate

Doesn`t it depend on the Type of battery?Nimh like to be stored with a half charger & NICD like no charge at all
Old 06-25-2003, 07:21 PM
Tech Adept

racenut123 you've got it on point ...I think you TQ
The time these batteries run at thier optimum is fresh off the charger.I time when I will charge the packs according to how many heats I have before my next run.Its takes 2150 seconds to charge my gp3300's at six amps so I see how many heats I have before I run next and start charging accordingly.They come off thecharger usually with 5 minutes of me using them.So if your thinking of using a pack thats been charged the night before.,beware,the won't perform and you will training them to perform poorly and you may lose run time.This is for gp 3300's.
Old 06-25-2003, 09:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default Not really.

Originally posted by rcconcept
Doesn`t it depend on the Type of battery?Nimh like to be stored with a half charger & NICD like no charge at all
I store mine after I discharge my pack to 5.4volts.Then when ready to charge I discharge them in a tray down and then charge them at whatever voltage is appropriate.I notice this is what alot of guys are doing if they race.This is for gp3300's