Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic E4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2010, 03:27 PM
Tech Elite

Default Orion

Originally Posted by wyd
Isaac is correct. I had a buddy mill about 1mm all the way around the inside of the steel tray and square the corners off so my SMC 4100 packs would fit. The Orion Platinum4800 and 5000 packs fit the steel tray with no modifications.

yep Orion 3800's fit the oroginal E4 like a glove. many other bumped hard packs dont line up the bumps.
Old 01-22-2010, 04:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I use Zippy flightmax 4000mah lipo's and the only thing i have to modify is the side belt tensioner.
You have to dremel a little bit of on the front side where the lipo come's.
Thats it
They are very cheap and work like a charm.
I believe they where 25 euro's a piece and you can use them with the stock battery tray and no spacers required for the top plate.

cheers Roy
Old 01-22-2010, 05:58 PM
Tech Adept

Does this one fit?
http://www.autopartner.se/intellect-...075-c-422.aspx
Old 01-22-2010, 08:07 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (92%+)

Originally Posted by Callahan_88
Search of this thread shows that it does......

Also as for the Orion 3800's I had picked up two of these and I feel like they are rather loose in the compartment with the 6 cell battery tray.. I have my 5 cell battery tray in there now because thats the only way it fits snug n doesnt move.... I could try and put on my middle brace that goes under the top deck instead of the one I am using now that goes over but still it will be only snug in the middle and I will have lost my antenna mount...

Posting just made me in the mood to post some pics of my car... so once I get to Work I'll rip some off of photobucket for ya...
Old 01-22-2010, 08:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Callahan_88
Yes those are basically the same as the batteries I put up (Pro Match). Now I had to shim the top deck by 2mm.

Old 01-22-2010, 11:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (92%+)

Lol no negative comments please lol... I have only raced one weekend with it so far, waiting for my S9551, MRT, LTC-R, and XXXmain setup guide to come in to finish it off... I love this car. It is so smooth and makes me feel like a better driver then I am lol....
Old 01-23-2010, 01:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

thank you guys for your suggestions. I loosened everything and tighten them back, the tweak was still there, same as before. So I decided to take every part off, then when I put the chassis on the setup board I found it is tweaked. Well I guess my setup board may not be perfectly flat, so I tried to put the chassis on four different places of the board, same degree of tweak found. So the problem now is clear. I think I can still setup my car properly, its just a little bit annoying especially when I setup my droop.

Originally Posted by Solara
That might have to do with the TWEAK because of the upper deck, the bulkhead and other connection to the mutliple parts...
Loosen up all the upper and lower screws and re-tighten them in cross pattern. 1st rule to fix tweak....
Originally Posted by vinny73
My point, your observation of the tweaked chassis, IMO, could be the other wise suggestion as well. It wouldn't take long to loosen everything up and retorque it. And if that doesn't fix it, try mine. HTH, please keep us informed of your outcome. Vinny
Old 01-24-2010, 10:48 AM
Tech Elite

Besides wofhobbies and rcmushroom there was another site that sells E4 and KFactory parts. I can not remember it. Someone posted it here awhile back but I can't find it.
Old 01-24-2010, 11:44 AM
Tech Elite

I believe this http://www.rcmanufactory.com/prod.php?cat=E4RS%20Parts is the one you are refering to.

cheers Roy

Originally Posted by Isaac
Besides wofhobbies and rcmushroom there was another site that sells E4 and KFactory parts. I can not remember it. Someone posted it here awhile back but I can't find it.
Old 01-24-2010, 12:07 PM
Tech Elite

That's it! Thank you!
Old 01-24-2010, 01:53 PM
Tech Elite

Your welcome

cheers Roy

Originally Posted by Isaac
That's it! Thank you!
Old 01-24-2010, 07:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi,

I just ordered a E4FS and I will like to know what roll-out do you suggest for a Ballistic 17.5T ?
The track is 75’ X 34’
I also see that the E4FS has a FDR 1.888 and the E4RS has 2.059 ! I like to know why there is 2 different FDR because apart from the foam spec and the rubber spec they should be same tranny…
Old 01-24-2010, 08:28 PM
Tech Elite

Default Negative comments..

Originally Posted by RyeRey521

Lol no negative comments please lol... I have only raced one weekend with it so far, waiting for my S9551, MRT, LTC-R, and XXXmain setup guide to come in to finish it off... I love this car. It is so smooth and makes me feel like a better driver then I am lol....
What's to be negative about, thanks for the piccie.. it's very much different from our original E4... enjoy it, yeah they are smooth, sweet, sexy and delightful to work on!
Old 01-25-2010, 08:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default Racing update

I raced on saturday and had a blast. I went with the wet setup found on petitrc for the French nationals. For a small, low traction asphalt track.....It ran great! The rear end kept breaking loose in the end of the corner while on the throttle. I believe it's the setup on my speed control. I am running the LRP Spx with a Fantom Ion 17.5 motor. I was using RP36 tires and rims. They were a bit old. Not too bad. Tried a suggestion of washing and then wiping down the slicks with WD40. Sounded odd but gave it a try. Worked pretty good. I then switched to degreaser spray and then Death Grip tire sauce. That worked better. Was gonna try some Paragon but didn't. Outside temp was a bit windy, a lil warm in the afternoon and then really chilled off to about 60 in the late afternoon. My first race at 1130 I had killer traction. As the day went on my driving got a little better but my traction seemed to fade a little bit. Was thinking of trying some Sorex rubber. Thought about using 32's in the late afternoon. A fellow racer lent me his Integy setup board and tools. I hooked the car up to it and found that my left rear camber was -1 degree. Right rear was at -3 degrees. Front left was -1 and front right was -1.5. My front toe was left +1 and right was 0. So the car was a bit off. But not bad for just a plastic camber gauge and ride height tool. Still gotta setup the droop and downstops.

Question. Anyone else run a LRP SPX stock spec ESC? A friend said my throttle curve may be a bit aggressive for my learning to drive. The tight corners is where I lose it. I believe my power setting is at 6. I am also running a protek 2s 3800mah 30c lipo. I spent friday night and saturday night dialing in the car and inspecting it. Just tinkering and reading posts on the car at the bench. Gotta love laptops and wireless! So, any setup suggestions? Any tire comments? Saucing tire suggestions? Camber suggestions? Front caster suggestions? Thanks for your time! I definately love my car!!! Only 2 races in and now I can't get enough!!! Now that my car seems pretty well hooked up, and could probably be better, I wanna put in more track time to learn to drive it the way it is now and when I got that mastered, then maybe make some more drastic changes. Also ran 40wt oil in front and 35wt oil in rear. Maybe 30 in the rear for better traction leaving the corner. A fellow racer watched my trigger finger and my driving and he suggested some things on my power delivery from the radio and my itchy finger. So, gonna read some more and find another place to race so I can at least drive once a week! For as much as I have doughed out to get to this point of enjoying the car...... You got internet time, parts, radio, esc, car, tires, motors, batteries, and lots of tools. I should be racing or at least practicing 1 a day! Anyhow, thanks for the suggestions and help! It really paid off! Vinny
Old 01-25-2010, 08:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)
Default Team Magic E4RS Dave Ehrlich Limited Edition Level 3

I am selling my E4RS DE level 3 with 3mm chassis, original 2.5mm chassis, new Lipo top deck and spacers, and many spares and NIP parts.

Check it out at:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...level-3-a.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.