Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic E4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2009, 07:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Big White
So i ran my new car last night for the first time and i was having a problem were the spool would turn into the oneway. Has anyone els had this problem?? The pin is in the hole and i could not find out why it would keep coming apart so i just kept it as the oneway. It was my first time running a oneway and all i have to say is this car is really good. That was the only problem i was haveing..

Thanks

Big White
Hey Big White,
Did you check to see if the spline inside the outdrives are now stripped?
The locking shaft may have stripped as well although the pin is still in.
You may want to pickup the spool to replace the convertible front drive, besides, it's much lighter. I have both and have yet to have a failure (fingers crossed).
Old 06-07-2009, 02:34 AM
Tech Regular

Default Dave's Setup from RROC09

hey guys,

Anyone has Dave's setup from the RROC 09?

Cheers
Old 06-07-2009, 09:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YoDog
Hey Big White,
You may want to pickup the spool to replace the convertible front drive, besides, it's much lighter. I have both and have yet to have a failure (fingers crossed).
The out drives need some rubber grommets shoe glued inside the cup to keep them from wiggling out of the bearings. If you have some foam body pads, the doughnut hole works perfectly. Aren't the cars light enough as it is ? A permanent spool sounds like a great idea tho.
Old 06-07-2009, 04:29 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

I was reading some older posts and some having problems getting brushless motors to fit and get them geared correctly. Have the cars been updated any from the manufacture or is this still a problem and the racer has to modify the car? I know brushless gearing is pretty wild nowadays in 17.5 and 13.5. These are the two classes I run. I hate to have to grind on new cars to make things work so I figure I should check on things now before I get one.
Old 06-07-2009, 05:40 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by wyd
I was reading some older posts and some having problems getting brushless motors to fit and get them geared correctly. Have the cars been updated any from the manufacture or is this still a problem and the racer has to modify the car? I know brushless gearing is pretty wild nowadays in 17.5 and 13.5. These are the two classes I run. I hate to have to grind on new cars to make things work so I figure I should check on things now before I get one.
The hole in the chassis on the DE is too small for a Tekin or a Trinity based motor. Basically anything square would need some carving on the chassis to fit properly.

Somethings going on with my CVA's. They are binding and vibrating in sharp turns. Work on that one Monday.

Last edited by John St.Amant; 06-08-2009 at 05:23 AM.
Old 06-08-2009, 12:33 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Check and make sure that your end points are not set to high on the radio. mine was doing that as well but the endpoints where at a 100 lol. first time out with the car on friday and i qualified 2nd and took the win by a lap so its all good! made some changes after the fact and it felt alot faster so we will see what happens next time.

who al signed up for evgas lets get some e4 out there later y'all
Old 06-08-2009, 05:24 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by WEEZY
Check and make sure that your end points are not set to high on the radio. mine was doing that as well but the endpoints where at a 100 lol. first time out with the car on friday and i qualified 2nd and took the win by a lap so its all good! made some changes after the fact and it felt alot faster so we will see what happens next time.

I need just about all the wheel lock I can get . I think that its time for using the outer hole in the CVA. We have a nice flowing carpet track but there is a couple tight switchbacks that require max steering. Like the one coming out to the straightaway.
Old 06-08-2009, 05:49 AM
Tech Elite

From What I remember this is the setup Dave and I ran at Reedy:

Front
5.5m ride height
35wt oil
19lb spring
shock mounted on second hole from top
.05 toe out
2 degree camber
short camber links with small .5mm spacers
2mm droop

Rear

5.5mm ride height
35wt oil
12.5 lbsprings
shock mounted in middle hole
2.5 degree toe in
2 degree camber
short camber link with 2 m spacer under ball
2.5m droop

that is what I can remember this earlier in the AM....
Old 06-08-2009, 08:05 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by MAD916
From What I remember this is the setup Dave and I ran at Reedy:

Front
5.5m ride height
35wt oil
19lb spring
shock mounted on second hole from top
.05 toe out
2 degree camber
short camber links with small .5mm spacers
2mm droop

Rear

5.5mm ride height
35wt oil
12.5 lbsprings
shock mounted in middle hole
2.5 degree toe in
2 degree camber
short camber link with 2 m spacer under ball
2.5m droop

that is what I can remember this earlier in the AM....
Hi,

Short Camber link would mean furthest mounting position on the bulk head?

Thanks for the setup.

Cheers
Old 06-08-2009, 08:37 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YoDog
Hey Big White,
Originally Posted by John St.Amant
The out drives need some rubber grommets shoe glued inside the cup to keep them from wiggling out of the bearings. If you have some foam body pads, the doughnut hole works perfectly. Aren't the cars light enough as it is ? A permanent spool sounds like a great idea tho.
Originally Posted by WEEZY

Thanks guys i will try some of thees and see if they work gotta love the car tho just trying to work everything out for vegas so i can just set the car down and fix it when i brake :/ lol Vegas 91 days baby
Old 06-08-2009, 09:01 AM
Tech Elite

Yes the links were in the furthest out posistions, and we had to cut our Lunsford turnbuckles to get the proper adjustment. like I said Dave handed me some different ball studs front and rear to get the angle set, then through the weekend we played with shimms for slight adjustments. think the rear was a 2mm rise, but the front I can't remember.

The car was great all week the only thing I was dealing with was wanting more on-throttle steering in the big sweeper onto the straigh. It got better with less front droop.
Old 06-08-2009, 09:02 AM
Tech Master

I spent all morning messing with the dog bones.
The Vibration is still a mystery to me but once I took out the aforementioned grommets and relocated the CVA hinge pin to the inside set of holes. There seemed to be a very bad vibe while turning. I took to light what Weezy said and nothing was out of the ordinary for low speed steering but once I put some power down... spin out city! Turns out there is an issue with the versa diff as a locked spool. Once I removed the pin and the center locker it was as smooth as glass. I guess it's time to order up a spool Wolf. Gotta wait till next month or when some one finally buys one of these old speedos off me.

Either way , problem solved.
Old 06-16-2009, 02:41 AM
Tech Rookie

Hey guys. How do you clean the Rubber sealed bearings in your E4S.
I dont really wanna take the seals off. And i was thinking of washing them in wd40 but wasint sure if the seals would swell up.
Old 06-16-2009, 07:27 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by abcd123
Hey guys. How do you clean the Rubber sealed bearings in your E4S.
I dont really wanna take the seals off. And i was thinking of washing them in wd40 but wasint sure if the seals would swell up.
The seals come out very easily .
That can be replaced easily as well.
I had no problems what-so-ever with the seals.
Do not spin them with compressed air especially with out oil in them.
Old 06-23-2009, 06:24 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by John St.Amant
The hole in the chassis on the DE is too small for a Tekin or a Trinity based motor. Basically anything square would need some carving on the chassis to fit properly.

Somethings going on with my CVA's. They are binding and vibrating in sharp turns. Work on that one Monday.
Thanks. I'm still thinking of getting a 2nd touring car and I really like the layout of the TM car. Seems like Wolf Hobbies always has stuff in stock and is very easy to order from them.

I'm getting closer to looking into a possible purchase of one of these cars. I will have to save a few bucks first and then decide to pull the trigger or not.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.