Team Magic E4 Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic E4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 05:01 AM
Tech Adept

i watched rctvlive again and man i laughed when i saw wolf. that race must have been a blast becuase he looked liked he had been up partying all night. he was probably out of dollar bills $$$$$$$$$
'

I wish i was there
Old 03-03-2009, 03:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by microcrazy24
i watched rctvlive again and man i laughed when i saw wolf. that race must have been a blast becuase he looked liked he had been up partying all night. he was probably out of dollar bills $$$$$$$$$
'

I wish i was there
I am sure he was not partying all night. If you check the results he won his main. DEDICATION is what it takes to win at a big race like this regardless of what main your in.
Old 03-03-2009, 04:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ginsu
I am sure he was not partying all night. If you check the results he won his main. DEDICATION is what it takes to win at a big race like this regardless of what main your in.
WIN WHAT YOUR IN BUDDY!
Old 03-11-2009, 02:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I've had to shelve my E4JSs in TA. I can't get any more out of them. I've found the problem, but no idea how to solve it. The car does not roll free. The front side shaft spins free with no load, but binds as soon as side belt is put on the car. There is no tension on the side belt and its still too tight. I've done the WD40 soaking and tried some manual stretching. I swear if it had 1 or 2 more teeth, the car would loosen up and come alive. I've seriously spent too much time and money trying to prove a point that an inexpensive car can win and stay cheap.

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 03-11-2009, 02:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

I had a great time with my E4JS last weekend. It works great for outdoor parking lot.

I think you may need to disassemble the car and reassemble it again at the area that is binding. Perhaps your chassis or bulkhead is tweaked from improper fit or assembly.
Old 03-11-2009, 02:33 PM
Tech Regular

picture of E4RS09

http://teammagice4.blogspot.com/2009...nouveaute.html
Old 03-11-2009, 05:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by liljohn1064
I've had to shelve my E4JSs in TA. I can't get any more out of them. I've found the problem, but no idea how to solve it. The car does not roll free. The front side shaft spins free with no load, but binds as soon as side belt is put on the car. There is no tension on the side belt and its still too tight. I've done the WD40 soaking and tried some manual stretching. I swear if it had 1 or 2 more teeth, the car would loosen up and come alive. I've seriously spent too much time and money trying to prove a point that an inexpensive car can win and stay cheap.

I've been led to believe the WD-40 Belt therapy is not the way to go. I could not justify the $$$$ for the K-Factory belts, however, at the suggestion of TM driver Dave Ehrlich, get some "Automotive grade" Belt Dressing, (for V-belts on real cars), and treat the back sides of all your belts. This did help my E4FS. He also recommended removing "All of the Bearings" from the car, and soaking them in Denatured Alcohol for 24 hours, then blow them out with compressed air and don't lube them with anything. Then carefully reassemble your car, run the belts as loose as you can get away with.
Old 03-11-2009, 05:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I have installed the Kfactory belts and they have all loosened up with some run time on the car. I know that they are more money but they have really made a difference in my car. I di absolutely nothing too them after talking too others and about every other run I have to check them for tension. I try to get out and run in an open parking lot that is new near me and run the car everyday that I can for about twenty to thirty minutes and then take it home and blow it off real good and check everything. I can now free spin the car with the motor and pinion installed on it easily now that they belts are broken in.
Old 03-11-2009, 08:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by el salvador
I've been led to believe the WD-40 Belt therapy is not the way to go. I could not justify the $$$$ for the K-Factory belts, however, at the suggestion of TM driver Dave Ehrlich, get some "Automotive grade" Belt Dressing, (for V-belts on real cars), and treat the back sides of all your belts. This did help my E4FS. He also recommended removing "All of the Bearings" from the car, and soaking them in Denatured Alcohol for 24 hours, then blow them out with compressed air and don't lube them with anything. Then carefully reassemble your car, run the belts as loose as you can get away with.
That's just the problem, they don't get any looser and there is no tension added at all via the belt tensioner. The belts are binding the front shaft. I free spin the side belt with no pinion and get maybe a second of rotation. I do that to my XRAY or TC3 and they spin for 5 to 10 seconds with the rotational mass of just the tires. I know its a different car, but it should roll much smoother than this. The current belts are 4 months old and have been raced and practiced with for countless hours. I tore the car down to parts, cleaned (including the bearings) and reassembled. No luck. These are really some of the coolest cars around, but the slaving loss I'm experiencing can't be dialed out. There is no negative tension adjustment to loosen the drive line. It seriously needs a belt with one or two more teeth on it to start with and one more tooth on the front and back pullies as well. I'd say its a fluke, but I have 2 of them and they're both the same. Running 21.5s, they just get driven down no matter how good the driver is and I've had the best locals drive them and tune on them in the search for performance. New belts aren't an option as I'm not willing to sink another $70.00 in parts into them at the moment. They really are the best handling cars.
Old 03-12-2009, 08:14 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I had to remove the front tensioner when I first got the car with the factory belts on it. After a month I got he Kfactory ones and now I have no problems with them, even though I run the front tensioner as high as I can. Good luck I hope you find something to work. I am still getting used to this car right now and trying to learn to adjust it myself, just not getting the results I would like, but I will keep trying.
Old 03-15-2009, 06:58 AM
Tech Regular

my E4 rs09
Attached Thumbnails Team Magic E4 Thread-p3.jpg   Team Magic E4 Thread-p4.jpg   Team Magic E4 Thread-p6.jpg   Team Magic E4 Thread-p7.jpg   Team Magic E4 Thread-p9.jpg  

Old 03-15-2009, 08:15 AM
Tech Master

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by nocif13
my E4 rs09
Lookin' good man! Nice alu. parts too...
I think I'm goona pimp mine out like that too but add a K-Factory bumper.
Old 03-15-2009, 08:27 AM
Tech Master

Ok... this may sound a bit strange but ...
A few holes , A couple bearing blocks, 4 beveled gears....
Yes Zosha! A side drive shaft.
Old 03-21-2009, 08:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

How about that Dave Ehrlich. Thrashed his way to the Modified A Main at the Nats, driving an inspired run with his Team Majic hotrod. Super stuff ol' chap.

Jacko
Old 03-22-2009, 01:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

There is no tension on the side belt and its still too tight.

Raise the front layshaft housing (the one with the two small pulleys near the front of the car) by 1mm. This will loosen both the front and middle belts - makes quite a difference!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.