Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic E4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 09:30 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tomradio
I had to shim the rear 1.5mm and the front 1mm when running the Jaco prisms.

I haven't broke a single arm running on the rug. I use the p-dup bumper for the cyclone, fits without any modifications.
Nice....P-dub bumper for Cyclone. Need to pick one up cause I don't quite like to punch holes on these hard foam bumper...
I have these hard foam bumper on all of the TC that I have own...and I made a big mistake by stocking a boat load of Mi3 front arms...with this bumper, I think I have replaced 1 pair of front arm just because the bottom of the arm was scratched by running outdoor....

I still don't believe the E4 arm is a weak arm, I use softer front arm for the FLEX reason when running outdoor, it is NOT about the material, it is all about engineering. And with the "RIGHT" options, it will reduce the chances to bring the front arm. Of course, nothing can survive if the driver barely know how to drives.

And yes, my Tamiya TA05R arms are plenty strong...I have 3 pairs of them NIB since 2006. But again, I have the P-dub bumper on the R as well.

BTW....where can I find a TRUE foam spec E4FS? I have 2 E4RS right now and "thinking" to convert 1 to true FS and run some foammie. However, adding those parts up with the price tag...I might as well BUY a FS...any idea?
Old 04-11-2008, 06:36 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Solara
Nice....P-dub bumper for Cyclone. Need to pick one up cause I don't quite like to punch holes on these hard foam bumper...
I have these hard foam bumper on all of the TC that I have own...and I made a big mistake by stocking a boat load of Mi3 front arms...with this bumper, I think I have replaced 1 pair of front arm just because the bottom of the arm was scratched by running outdoor....

I still don't believe the E4 arm is a weak arm, I use softer front arm for the FLEX reason when running outdoor, it is NOT about the material, it is all about engineering. And with the "RIGHT" options, it will reduce the chances to bring the front arm. Of course, nothing can survive if the driver barely know how to drives.

And yes, my Tamiya TA05R arms are plenty strong...I have 3 pairs of them NIB since 2006. But again, I have the P-dub bumper on the R as well.

BTW....where can I find a TRUE foam spec E4FS? I have 2 E4RS right now and "thinking" to convert 1 to true FS and run some foammie. However, adding those parts up with the price tag...I might as well BUY a FS...any idea?
Doesn't Wolf Hobbies have an FS? I thorght they did all the E4's?

British Menace
Old 04-11-2008, 07:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by British Menace
Doesn't Wolf Hobbies have an FS? I thorght they did all the E4's?

British Menace
Well....our local shop ordered from them....ended up it is the FS chassis, but with the rubber arm.....rubber spec pulleys, dual link steering, kinda like...1/2 and 1/2.
Old 04-11-2008, 07:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Wolf Hobbies made up different kits for different racers but if a person wanted a straight up regular FS kit, then just send an email with the order saying that. They currently are showing stock FS kits in stock.

Steve
Old 04-11-2008, 07:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Who is the person to get in contact with to possibly get the E4 reviewed by RCCA Magazine?? Please send me a PM...thanks!

Old 04-11-2008, 08:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Joel PM sent to you.

Steve
Old 04-12-2008, 08:58 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JoelNavarro
Who is the person to get in contact with to possibly get the E4 reviewed by RCCA Magazine?? Please send me a PM...thanks!

Team Magic Model Industrial Co. Ltd.
No. 185-2, 38th Road, Taichung Industrial Park, Taichung, Taiwan 407
Tel: 886-4-23552606
Fax: 886-4-23552946
E-mail: [email protected]
Old 04-12-2008, 11:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Hey guys, anybody looking for another E4 or looking to buy one? Things are changing on my end and I'm not going to be running sedan much, if at all. I'm selling mine. If you'd like then check it out.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=216777

It's a great car, just won't be needing it.
Old 04-12-2008, 02:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
JayBee had a foam spec he might know for sure!
No doubt; but I got bam-boozled (sponsored) by Schumacher before I had a chance to run the car on carpet. Not even 1 one with the car before I had to sell it. Oh well....I love my Schuie on carpet; wish I could be more help
Old 04-12-2008, 02:07 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JayBee
No doubt; but I got bam-boozled (sponsored) by Schumacher before I had a chance to run the car on carpet. Not even 1 one with the car before I had to sell it. Oh well....I love my Schuie on carpet; wish I could be more help
lol
Old 04-14-2008, 02:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Canuck
SMC 4000 mah lipo makes for a perfect fit in the TM E4 FS-C1

Hi,

I have bought the same packs and I just tried putting them in for the first time and found it to be a monumental feat. Once the pack was in I noticed Im going to have to mount my speedy further out from the centre than Id like, or mount it forward and have my reciever on the air dam,

Is there a trick to getting these packs in and out with more ease, or is it just a case of struggle and strain.

I am not really comfortable with the fact I had to force the leads through as well, Im suspecting there will be damage eventually.

Any help would be good or the recommendation of suitable lipo's that fit more easilly without having to raise the top deck. The batteries must be HARDCASED to be legal in some of our events.

Cheers
Aaron
Old 04-14-2008, 02:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

zacabrandy, be patient on getting the hang on putting these packs in the E4FS.

I have the leads coming out where the air dam is located. Whene I mount the pack I pass the leads first then I install the pack in place.

As for the SMC5000 pack I would not even think of trying it.

My Orion Platinum 4800 lipo is too thick and I would need to add 2 or 3mm of shims.

Hope this helps.
Old 04-14-2008, 03:10 AM
Tech Regular

http://www.teammagic-europe.com

hi luis

mail team magic europe for a futur driver Contract
Old 04-14-2008, 03:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Canuck
zacabrandy, be patient on getting the hang on putting these packs in the E4FS.

I have the leads coming out where the air dam is located. Whene I mount the pack I pass the leads first then I install the pack in place.

As for the SMC5000 pack I would not even think of trying it.

My Orion Platinum 4800 lipo is too thick and I would need to add 2 or 3mm of shims.

Hope this helps.
Mine is the same, but I find if I sit the pack in by itself I can get it in no dramas but then I cannot get the battery tray in underneath. There isn't enough room to get passed the end of the battery where the tray mounts in the top of the chassis. If I try it whilst it's in the tray I have to really push to squeeze the leads and balance lead through.

Have you modified your tray or something? Because I hope Im just doing something wrong but I have tried everything and it's basically a F$%^king pain in the arse.

Cheers
Aaron
Old 04-14-2008, 05:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zacabrandy
Mine is the same, but I find if I sit the pack in by itself I can get it in no dramas but then I cannot get the battery tray in underneath. There isn't enough room to get passed the end of the battery where the tray mounts in the top of the chassis. If I try it whilst it's in the tray I have to really push to squeeze the leads and balance lead through.

Have you modified your tray or something? Because I hope Im just doing something wrong but I have tried everything and it's basically a F$%^king pain in the arse.

Cheers
Aaron
Yes it a pain in the A?%?%% ! Once the pack is sitted in place, i really have to push on the battery tray and slide it in place. I did no modifications.

Sometimes I can fit the pack in there really fast and other times i cannot get the hang of it.

I'm going to run my qualifications and mains on the one pack without having to remove it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.