Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Team Magic E4 Thread >

Team Magic E4 Thread

Team Magic E4 Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 05:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Din Viesel
the only negative thing I can see with the car....is the electronics (especially the servo) hanging over the side of chassis. I would worry about being T-Boned and having the ESC, Receiver or Servo damaged. Other than that, I like the overall design! I would definately like to get my hands on one to see how it handles on carpet with foams.
This is not the first time I have heard this mentioned and to be honest I'm a bit confused by it

You have to remember that the chassis on the E4 is substantially narrower than any other TC on the market, so whilst the electrics do overhang the chassis a bit, the end result is that they are still closer to the centreline of the car than the electrics on "normal" TC's.

What this means is that if another car managed to t-bone you in such a way as to reach the electrics on this car, then in all likelyhood that would be the least of your problems, as the impact would've been massive to do this, and it's likely that both cars would be quite damaged
Old 11-14-2007, 05:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

The only thing I am hoping for is that they make some alloy or harder material steering pieces... I find the steering arms that mount to the top chassis plate flex quite a lot compared to what I am used to
Old 11-14-2007, 05:49 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ShadowAu
The only thing I am hoping for is that they make some alloy or harder material steering pieces... I find the steering arms that mount to the top chassis plate flex quite a lot compared to what I am used to
I don't think that is the steering arms flexing themselves, but rather the fact that they are screwed into the lower plastic mounting plate by two bolts which are unsupported at the top.

I think they could easily use longer bolts with a carbon brace running across the top of the steerig arms and this would stiffen up this area considerably. The carbon brace could also be screwed into the unused centre hole in the lower plastic mounting plate which would make the whole assembly very rigid.
Old 11-14-2007, 06:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Customworksking
I am looking for 4600 6cell packs where did u get your's if u don't mind
it is a E-NINE 4600 Cell.

i buy it in korea battery distributor.

Last edited by gansei; 11-14-2007 at 09:44 PM.
Old 11-15-2007, 01:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bender
I don't think that is the steering arms flexing themselves, but rather the fact that they are screwed into the lower plastic mounting plate by two bolts which are unsupported at the top.

I think they could easily use longer bolts with a carbon brace running across the top of the steerig arms and this would stiffen up this area considerably. The carbon brace could also be screwed into the unused centre hole in the lower plastic mounting plate which would make the whole assembly very rigid.
Well even if they replaced the plastic mount with an alloy one that would have to improve the flex a lot
Old 11-15-2007, 02:09 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Jason do you have one of these cars ?
Old 11-15-2007, 09:20 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I myself have not noticed any problems with the steering arms flexing. Steering on this car seems to be great- nice and smooth. Here's a link to a site that might have a tip if your having problems with the steering? I can't read it... it's in some other language.

http://www.rchome.com.tw/cgi-bin/top...art=108&show=0

Looks like they put a washer and a screw on top.
Old 11-15-2007, 10:51 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Springs?

What brand springs work with this car? They're a little on the short side so my old xray springs won't work.

I had some springs that worked that came from an old trinity reflex that worked. What are you guys using? What brand and weight?
Old 11-15-2007, 11:35 AM
Tech Elite

TOP Racing springs are a similar length to the TM ones.
Old 11-15-2007, 01:12 PM
Tech Adept

Whats is there to be confused about?
It does not matter how close the electrics are to the centerline of the chassis!! The only thing protecting your electronics and that of the front end of another car.....is the LEXAN body!!! So I don't understand where the confusion is! If you get hit in the side of the car, the body will be pushed into the electonics.

This is not the first time I have heard this mentioned and to be honest I'm a bit confused by it

You have to remember that the chassis on the E4 is substantially narrower than any other TC on the market, so whilst the electrics do overhang the chassis a bit, the end result is that they are still closer to the centreline of the car than the electrics on "normal" TC's.

What this means is that if another car managed to t-bone you in such a way as to reach the electrics on this car, then in all likelyhood that would be the least of your problems, as the impact would've been massive to do this, and it's likely that both cars would be quite damaged
Old 11-15-2007, 05:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

So did the 3 belt idea work out good for those that have used this? I may me in the market for a new TC soon and i always like being unique
Old 11-15-2007, 09:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by razzor
TOP Racing springs are a similar length to the TM ones.
Hey, Got any idea where I can order from? any links?

Thanks
Old 11-16-2007, 12:00 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by azrael_nite
I myself have not noticed any problems with the steering arms flexing. Steering on this car seems to be great- nice and smooth. Here's a link to a site that might have a tip if your having problems with the steering? I can't read it... it's in some other language.

http://www.rchome.com.tw/cgi-bin/top...art=108&show=0

Looks like they put a washer and a screw on top.
2nd and 3rd pictures are showing the rear shock tower. Looks like its almost doubled in thickness. Could be two glued together. Hard to tell.

Also, see the alloy rear hub carriers. Nice.
Old 11-16-2007, 12:21 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by azrael_nite
Hey, Got any idea where I can order from? any links?

Thanks
Not sure what country you're in so I'll just post the contact page for TOP racing. You should be able to find a distributor in your area here:
http://www.top-racing.jp/contact.asp?lang=EN
Old 11-16-2007, 12:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

anyone know how this car performs with a Stock motor? Any efficiency issues or stuff like that?

what about a 13.5 brushless?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.