Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Team Magic E4 Thread >

Team Magic E4 Thread

Team Magic E4 Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 02:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Where do you get team magic springs? Looked on wolf, and all it shows is silver springs. I've allready got 4 of those. Thanks, Vinny
Old 01-12-2010, 03:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

http://www.wolfhobbies.com/search.cgi?keywords=502143

Here ya go

cheers Roy

Originally Posted by vinny73
Where do you get team magic springs? Looked on wolf, and all it shows is silver springs. I've allready got 4 of those. Thanks, Vinny
Old 01-12-2010, 04:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pro10noob

Thats the NITRO spring kit right ?, if so, how you use them ?, i tried one friends ones and was impossible, they are too long, im still managing to setup my car using stock springs here,

thanks
Old 01-12-2010, 04:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tabushi
Thats the NITRO spring kit right ?, if so, how you use them ?, i tried one friends ones and was impossible, they are too long, im still managing to setup my car using stock springs here,

thanks

Use these http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ips-and-Cups-4 and trim off the part that goes against the shock end flush
Old 01-12-2010, 06:06 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

I thought they are too long. I always put setup wheels on when measuring ride height and the min ride height was 5.5 (dark blue at front). But when I use regular rubber tires, the ride height reduced to 4.5 due to different tire diameter. So for most of people using spring up to dark blue, I believe this spring kit will fit your need

Originally Posted by Tabushi

thanks
Old 01-12-2010, 06:25 PM
Tech Addict

I tried the associated springs and they were a little bit longer. I don't like the idea of substituting something for the real part. I like the fact that the bottom shock spring retainers also hold the spring. I really wish manufacturers would use the same color coding for their spring rates. What a PITA to get a spring and have to look it up to see what it was, only to find it was the opposite direction you even wanted to go. I have also heard of people using the Tamiya springs, but they were a bit expensive.
Old 01-12-2010, 06:39 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by 05forfun
I thought they are too long. I always put setup wheels on when measuring ride height and the min ride height was 5.5 (dark blue at front). But when I use regular rubber tires, the ride height reduced to 4.5 due to different tire diameter. So for most of people using spring up to dark blue, I believe this spring kit will fit your need
Not sure what setup wheels are, but why wouldn't you use the wheels you planned on running in the race? And do you mean, For most people using the springs from soft up to the dark blue springs? I don't know what any of the colors are and nor do I know their spring rates. Also, are you speaking of the g4rs nitro car springs That Pro10Noobs link was for? Does team magic not make springs for the e4rs? I am wondering if giving wolf hobbies a call might not be such a bad idea?

Are the wider belts better to run or is there too much friction? Are the K factory ones worth the extra money? From the description it does. I have 12 more days til the next race and just like having the right spare parts just in case!!!! Also, what's a good gearing to start with? Spur and pinion. Thanks again so much everyone! I swear I will try and read the thread this weekend. Had to go buy another laptop for wife cause I just absolutely get no time to do research other than post a couple things and then wait til tomorrow. BUT, Her computer will be ready tomorrow! Happy Racing! Vinny

Not to mention, noone in this area even knew what my car was. It sure did get alot of looks and talk!!! They, as well as myself really like the lipo centering on the chassis! I just wanna do the car the justice it deserves and have it setup right so it will do what I want it to! Kick some A$$!
Old 01-12-2010, 06:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hey Vinny, What up?!

The set up wheels are what you use with the set up station to degree camber, caster, Ect.

As far as manufactures using different colors and codes for springs rates I would guess is to: A) have a propreitary part and B) to throw off the competition. Some guys at big races go so far as to paint all their springs on color so no one else knows what they're using. You gonna pull that on me next race day?

Rob..........
Old 01-12-2010, 07:03 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Robio
Hey Vinny, What up?!

The set up wheels are what you use with the set up station to degree camber, caster, Ect.

As far as manufactures using different colors and codes for springs rates I would guess is to: A) have a propreitary part and B) to throw off the competition. Some guys at big races go so far as to paint all their springs on color so no one else knows what they're using. You gonna pull that on me next race day?

Rob..........
That's right! I forgot we talked about that before. Remember, you gotta bring your car out in order to race!

I see you setup your signature too! Tread lightly in Team Magic headquarters!

Good call on the setup wheels. I guess if he knows his ride height will be 1mm off, then one could compensate for the difference during setup? I dont' know. Someone wont bring his setup wheels out for me to check it out!
Old 01-12-2010, 07:06 PM
Tech Elite

Are these the springs you speak of. Also Wolf sent me purple and pink springs and I have no issues with ride height using RS arms.

Originally Posted by Isaac
Thank you for the clarification. Are the springs below the same? Got this from RC Mushroom.

Team Magic G4 Spring Set

http://www.rc-mushroom.com/product_i...ducts_id=14040

[TM-502143] $21.00USD
Comes with 8 pairs of springs:

1.2mm 10lb
1.3mm 13lb
1.4mm 17lb
1.5mm 20lb
1.6mm 26lb
1.7mm 31lb
1.8mm 41lb
1.9mm 51lb

Old 01-12-2010, 07:23 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Isaac
Are these the springs you speak of. Also Wolf sent me purple and pink springs and I have no issues with ride height using RS arms.
Those are the ones!
Old 01-12-2010, 07:58 PM
Tech Addict

That spring kit is for both nitro and electric, which means any E4 can use it. I am using it and all springs perfectly fit my E4RS shocks. As for what spur and pinion you should use, as long as they can give you desirable ratio, the combination of spur and pinion doesn't really matter, for example, I am using 47 pinion and 93 spur to give me 4.074 FDR, but you can also use 45 pinion and 89 spur to have similar ratio. I run on a small-to-medium indoor carpet track, for 1/10 touring with 17.5 most of people use 3.8 to 4.3 depending on the layout. I think 4.5 maybe a good start point (previous post) but you lose top speed, 4.3 should be fine if you don't have money to invest on various gears BTW, those recommendations are for people who use ESC rather than Tekin RS, if you will be running that with turbo and advance timing adjustment , they are not applicable Why? If you know some one running Tekin on your track, ask him, he will tell you

Not sure what setup wheels are, but why wouldn't you use the wheels you planned on running in the race? And do you mean, For most people using the springs from soft up to the dark blue springs? I don't know what any of the colors are and nor do I know their spring rates. Also, are you speaking of the g4rs nitro car springs That Pro10Noobs link was for? Does team magic not make springs for the e4rs? I am wondering if giving wolf hobbies a call might not be such a bad idea?

Are the wider belts better to run or is there too much friction? Are the K factory ones worth the extra money? From the description it does. I have 12 more days til the next race and just like having the right spare parts just in case!!!! Also, what's a good gearing to start with? Spur and pinion. Thanks again so much everyone! I swear I will try and read the thread this weekend. Had to go buy another laptop for wife cause I just absolutely get no time to do research other than post a couple things and then wait til tomorrow. BUT, Her computer will be ready tomorrow! Happy Racing! Vinny

Not to mention, noone in this area even knew what my car was. It sure did get alot of looks and talk!!! They, as well as myself really like the lipo centering on the chassis! I just wanna do the car the justice it deserves and have it setup right so it will do what I want it to! Kick some A$$!

Last edited by 05forfun; 01-12-2010 at 08:12 PM.
Old 01-12-2010, 08:17 PM
Tech Elite

Yea those gear ratios would be too low for a Tekin.
Old 01-13-2010, 04:41 AM
Tech Addict

Awesome info! Thank you. I run an LRP tc spec now. But down the road, will be upgrading to the Tekin. Robio has one in his car and he will probably keep me informed. According to him, the new software is to die for. Thanks for the info, gonna place my order today.

Any info on wider belt use or the K Factory belts?
Old 01-13-2010, 09:09 AM
Tech Addict

That ESC is sick!!! I am using LRP TC too, I hope I have money for Tekin

As for what stuff worth money to buy, I would say try what you have now, E4RS already has some goodies in it, unless you are a TOP racer I bet most people can't tell the difference between TM belt and K Factory belt

Awesome info! Thank you. I run an LRP tc spec now. But down the road, will be upgrading to the Tekin. Robio has one in his car and he will probably keep me informed. According to him, the new software is to die for. Thanks for the info, gonna place my order today.

Any info on wider belt use or the K Factory belts?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.