Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic E4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 06:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Yea i have been racing getting ready for the cactus classic in march gonna try some onroad. My rubber car is so bomb out here. If you guys are looking for a rubber setup with a oneway use daves setup on the wolf hobbies website. I run spool in my rubber car so i guess it deopends on if you use brakes or not. The shocks that i had on the original e4 didnt seem right with the shock caps. The new ones in the rs and fs are good i have had 0 problems. See y'all later
Old 02-15-2009, 07:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by John St.Amant
Hmmm.. not I think a good idea. Whats wrong with the stock pistons ?
Just curios if they make any others for the E4RS with larger or smaller holes to change it up on different tracks that is all.
Old 02-16-2009, 03:48 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by katfish317
Just curios if they make any others for the E4RS with larger or smaller holes to change it up on different tracks that is all.

The tracks we run take 2 change..Tires and Pinion gear..and thats only 1 track most us run diffrent....
Old 02-16-2009, 05:40 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by John Tag
The tracks we run take 2 change..Tires and Pinion gear..and thats only 1 track most us run diffrent....
Hey are you following me????? I need every advantage I can get!
Old 02-16-2009, 05:46 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by katfish317
Hey are you following me????? I need every advantage I can get!

No No No....Stop looking for a advantage, Get yourself running steady laps up near the front..Then look for a advantage for the final step..Jumping the gun many times guys go slower....
Old 02-16-2009, 06:11 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by WEEZY
I won the b main in 17.5 rubber to put it in the show

How you doing wease?
thanks for the info any idea when it will air?
Old 02-16-2009, 06:22 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by John Tag
No No No....Stop looking for a advantage, Get yourself running steady laps up near the front..Then look for a advantage for the final step..Jumping the gun many times guys go slower....
Thanks dad!!LOL!
I will listen!!
Old 02-16-2009, 06:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WEEZY
Yea i have been racing getting ready for the cactus classic in march gonna try some onroad. My rubber car is so bomb out here. If you guys are looking for a rubber setup with a oneway use daves setup on the wolf hobbies website. I run spool in my rubber car so i guess it deopends on if you use brakes or not. The shocks that i had on the original e4 didnt seem right with the shock caps. The new ones in the rs and fs are good i have had 0 problems. See y'all later
My E4 worked much better with the Tamiya TRF shocks but the chassis was so whacked from all the changes I made to make it work before the shock change. Yes those original E4 shocks seemed OK at first but I do not care for them now. So it's back to finding time to set up the car for carpet with 13.5, rubber and one-way.

I found that Dave's set-up was rather useless and made the car very loose plus a lot of the information was missing.

One last question, where do you measure droop in front? The hub, the end of the arm, the front of the arm or the back?
Old 02-16-2009, 07:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AreCee
My E4 worked much better with the Tamiya TRF shocks but the chassis was so whacked from all the changes I made to make it work before the shock change. Yes those original E4 shocks seemed OK at first but I do not care for them now. So it's back to finding time to set up the car for carpet with 13.5, rubber and one-way.

I found that Dave's set-up was rather useless and made the car very loose plus a lot of the information was missing.

One last question, where do you measure droop in front? The hub, the end of the arm, the front of the arm or the back?
Front of the arm at the end
Old 02-16-2009, 08:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Running the tc5 i used just the drrop gauge, switching to the e4 i use the over ride height method. My rubber tire car was like 1.5 mm in front and 2 mm in rear. just use 10mm blocks and use a ride height gauge.what setup do you have on now?
Old 02-16-2009, 08:44 PM
Suspended

i dont know about daves setup, but weezy has a great setup for 17.5 or 13.5 rubber tire on carpet..pretty much stock set up except springs..i beleive 17 lb fronts and 12 lb rears...and i tink shocks in one mor ehole on rear tower..correct me if im wrong lil weezy...i drove his car at snowbirds and was dialed..very consistant and easy to drive
Old 02-16-2009, 08:47 PM
Suspended

but his setup uses a spool...it doesnt lack anything to a one way..and much more consistant...didnt even hae to use brakes...im telling you it worked great...he was waaaaaay underpowered at snowbirds and still made the a
Old 02-20-2009, 02:35 AM
Tech Rookie

Default False economy?

Hi

I followed this thread for weeks before finally biting the bullet and buying a E4 RS from Team Magic Europe, they do still exist (well sot of). I've found the information on this site very useful and even though it appears to be running out of steam slightly I still dip in every now and then to see what's happening.

I've been running my E4 RS for a couple of months now on an indoor carpet track on rubber tyres and I'm impressed, it responds well to setup adjustments, it's pretty tough and any worries I had about extra drag being generated from the third belt were completely unfounded. You could probably double the number of belts on the car and you wouldn't notice it if you're running a brushless/LiPo setup

It's now time for me to place an order for some spares and I've noticed that the suspension arms for the E4JS are a little cheaper, the only difference I can see between them and the RS ones are the metal tubes moulded into them. I know the price difference is negligible but has anyone else used the JS arms? Is there any reason why I shouldn't go for the cheaper ones?

One last question: After approx' 60 minutes run time my side belt is now pretty "baggy" and has popped off despite the belt tensioner. Is it worth me getting a Kfactory replacement? Do they resist stretching any better?

Thanks
Old 02-20-2009, 05:30 AM
Tech Regular

Spike::
Well it is hard to beat perfection right out of the box!!!
The Kfactory belt does seem like it will not give as much but I have not run mine as much as you have, maybe only four races total other than going out ans setting up cones and running in a parking lot.
Your drive train is probably as freed up as it is going to get, which is good, I have mine really good now since I have installed better bearings, I just used metal shielded ones blasted them out and relubed them really good.
I can now take and spin the tires with the motor and pinion installed and it will free wheel a couple turns as it would barely turn at all with the factory bearings at first when I got it.
As far as the j parts, I have no clue if they would work or what, they may flex more since there is no reinforcment but I would not imagine that it would be much. But if you are running on carpet with it as stated and not asphalt then you really do not want that much flex.
Good louck and let us know if you order those parts and they work out for you.
Old 02-22-2009, 08:49 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default Where can I get E4 parts?

I'm looking an online source for E4 parts. I've looked at Wolf's site and theres hardly any parts listed. I saw the RC Mushroom has some parts but its not complete either. Can anyone please provide a link? Thanks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.