Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic E4RS Rubber Spec

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 04:24 AM
Tech Adept

Default Team Magic E4RS Rubber Spec

“A short time ago Team Magic left their comfort zone of producing the most competitive line of 1/10 scale onroad cars on the planet. They ventured into the realm of onroad electric powered touring cars. The E4RS promises to continue in the winning tradition of its predecessors and dominate the rubber racing arena. It comes armed and ready with the tools you need to get to the top step of the podium.

Source - www.rc-area.co.uk

Unique Super Low Friction 3 Belt Transmission:

An unique design feature of the E4 is the introduction of a 3 belt transmission. It was chosen because of its advantages in motor, battery and radio gear placement. In a classic two belt transmission system, the front belt is centered down the chassis. This layout restricts the design of the car greatly and forces the manufacturer to compromise in componentry layout. The E4 is exactly the opposite which meant no compromises!

Ultra Low Center of Gravity.

A fundamental consideration in manufacturing a high performance on-road touring car chassis is making sure the major components of the vehicle are placed as close to the ground as possible. This gives the car a low center of gravity for increased cornering speed and improved road holding capabilities. The E4 is a perfect illustration how this can be accomplished with creative precision.

The motor and battery pack can account for almost 40% of the cars entire moving mass so it’s critical they are given priority in positioning. The motor area of the E4 is machined away to lower the motor a total of two millimeters past the top of the main chassis plate. This may seem like a small gain, but with this design the motor is potentially just 1mm away from the ground. It would be impossible to get it any lower without placing it in undue risk from potential damage.

The battery pack, which is inserted into the chassis from the bottom of the car, receives the same treatment as the motor. Held in place by an aluminum battery tray, the cells are just fractions of a millimeter from being flush with the bottom of the chassis, but at the same time, totally protected. The aluminum tray also aids in dispersing heat from the battery pack.

With the battery being inserted from the bottom of the car, Team Magic’s designers were able to lower the top-plate too. This in turn, meant the gearboxes, bulk heads, differentials and steering system were able to follow the same pattern. A low center of gravity chassis gone to the extreme.

Centralized Componentry For Perfect Side To Side Balance:
With the belts out of the way, the designers got to work tweaking weight distribution so both sides of the car were equal. They focused on making sure the heaviest components, like the battery and motor were either centralized on the chassis or very close to it. After a few modifications, they achieved their goal and the E4 now has a perfect side to side balance. This gives the E4 another advantage through the corners by letting the car change direction much quicker. With all the weight placed in, toward the middle of the chassis the E4 also has a very neutral feel and there’s less chance of the chassis rolling over. Now you can push the boundaries when it comes to corner speed like never before.

As all the components moved inward, the main chassis plate began to shrink. This reduced the overall weight of the car, again, improving its performance.

Flying Wing Suspension Arms:

An exclusive design from Team Magic is the Flying Wing Suspension arms found on the E4. This new manufacturing process allowed Team Magic to reduce the size of the suspension arms without sacrificing strength. A lightweight, hollow aluminum rod gives the suspension arm its potent strength and provided the E4 designers with an opportunity to remove or shape excess plastic from around each arm. Both options offer interesting benefits to improving the E4’s performance.

The removal of excess plastic helped to not only lower the chassis total weight but also meant the shocks didn’t have to cope with additional loads. This improved the E4’s acceleration and ability to cope with a bumpy track or surface.

Next, Team Magic set about shaping the arm to serve two purposes; firstly the removal of any holes in the arm makes it much easier for cleaning and secondly, the shape of the arm was molded to help improve airflow. The airflow runs smoothly over the arm and this helps the E4 cut through the air, reducing its drag co-efficient dramatically.

Super Easy Maintenance
The fun doesn’t stop there though because the E4 is also an absolute charm to work on too! The design of the car incorporates quick and easy access to all of the high maintenance areas of any on-road touring car. Take for example, the front and rear differentials. Only four screws hold each differential securely in place. Undo these 4 screws and you now have the ability to lift the entire differential out of car with ease. Make some changes or give it a clean, then drop the diff back in, tighten up the 4 screws and you’re ready to race again. Nothing could be easier.

The same applies for the main layshaft which is also held in place by only 4 screws. Slide the belts off the pulleys and lift the entire layshaft out of the car. These quick maintenance features flow right throughout the entire E4 chassis. From the wheels up, the E4 is the ultimate user-friendly touring car on the market.

The ultra low center of gravity combined with the center-mounted battery location minimizes roll and allows the car change direction like no other before it. Each component has been analyzed and redesigned to reduce static and rotational mass without compromising strength and reliability.

New Shocks
New single O-ring shocks minimize drag for smoother more precise dampening.

Speedo & Motor Vent Mount
Ducted air intake for motor and ESC cooling. A cooler motor means more power, longer run time and longer magnet / motor life.

ST Stell Front & Alum. 7075 Rear Universal Joint
Redesigned CVDs are both light and strong . With the remove of blade cover on the shaft, CVD drive pins are fitted over in order to reduce friction and protect the outdrives from wear and backlash.

Lightweight 34T Rear Pulley
Rear pulleys have been lightened with trapezoidal holes to reduce weight and friction of the diff balls. This results in faster acceleration and smoother differential action.

Now with Front Spool
Front and rear outdrives have been lightened as much as possible without sacrificing durability.

And Everything’s About the Chassis
2.5mm carbon fiber bottom chassis, 2mm top chassis and 3mm front and rear shock towers mean that your chassis is rock solid to hold your setup consistently from the start of the race to the checkered flag. As a bonus it is compatible with most LiPo batteries.

No detail has been overlooked to put you on top of the podium. The choice is simple. Get an E4RS or follow one.

E4RS Main Features:

* Most lipo battery & brushless motor can be used
* New 2.5mm carbon fiber, 96mm wide narrow chassis
* New 2mm carbon top deck
* Front/rear 3mm carbon shock tower
* Front ST steel universal drive shaft
* Rear hard coated alum. 7075 universal drive shaft
* Alum. 7075 turnbuckles
* New Shocks
* New thickened arms
* New widened belts
* Front solid axle
* Rear ball differential (quick release design)
* New lightweight nylon pulley
* Alum. 7075 FF & RR hinge pin mount
* Alum. 7075 bulkhead
* New front lower Flying Wing arm
* Centralized motor and battery design
* Quick release main shaft
* Motor cooling mount
* Front/rear anti-roll bar

E4RS Main Spec:

* 1/10 EP Sedan
* Width–186mm adjustable
* Length–374mm
* Wheelbase–257~269mm
* 2.5mm carbon fiber chassis
* 2mm carbon fiber chassis
* 3mm front/rear carbon shock tower
* Drive ratio–2.059
* Main gear–110T 64P
* Caster block–3 degree”

Last edited by k£v!n; 02-01-2008 at 07:27 AM.
Old 02-01-2008, 05:24 AM
Tech Rookie

Thank you for info, I would know the release date of the E4FS, too.
Old 02-01-2008, 06:02 AM
Tech Regular

wish i had waited 4 a couple of weeks to get one im now doing the mod to fit trakpower lipos

Last edited by mwoods; 02-01-2008 at 03:12 PM. Reason: cant spell lol
Old 02-01-2008, 06:16 AM
Tech Rookie

......would be interesting to know if the trakpower lipo REALLY fit into this new version without any kind of mod....

because the pics shows only a carbon-look orion lipo
Old 02-01-2008, 07:33 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by giab

Ive been looking for the release date but ive been unable to find it, however as soon as I do I will post it here!
Old 02-02-2008, 06:30 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by leomax001
......would be interesting to know if the trakpower lipo REALLY fit into this new version without any kind of mod....

because the pics shows only a carbon-look orion lipo
The car comes with shims to raise the top chassis plate for larger lipo packs.
Old 02-05-2008, 12:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by giab

The E4FS was released around the 1st of the year. It is available at Wolf Hobbies (www.wolfhobbies.com) Parts are also available. Please let us know what we can do for you.

Wolf
Old 02-05-2008, 06:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

This car looks sweet...cant wait to get one...

Have the dog bones been beefed up? The were some complaints about the E4 being too weak in that area...
Old 02-05-2008, 07:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

The new CVDs don't use pin covers and look abour 50% thicker on the E4FS We don't have the E4RS yet. As soon as I get my hands on one I'll let you know
Old 02-05-2008, 07:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wolf Hobbies
The new CVDs don't use pin covers and look abour 50% thicker on the E4FS We don't have the E4RS yet. As soon as I get my hands on one I'll let you know
You remember me? I was the kid at SWR messing with your E4 all day lol

Bring a E4RS to SWR, I want to see one man
Old 02-26-2008, 09:51 AM
Tech Adept

I see that Wolfhobbies is now a sponsor of rctvlive

COOL maybe we can see more magic stuff
Old 02-26-2008, 02:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Wolf i see rc market has the E4RS when are u getting them in
Old 02-26-2008, 06:08 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by iceman76
Wolf i see rc market has the E4RS when are u getting them in
You gotta dump the Cyclone first, homie
Old 02-27-2008, 08:30 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default What the H#*#

Wolf, I've been trying to get ahold of you, but no reply. Please call me at 870-933-0479.
Old 02-27-2008, 08:32 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mrrcguy
Wolf, I've been trying to get ahold of you, but no reply. Please call me at 870-933-0479.
That's because Marcos clogging up the lines

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.