Search
Like Tree678Likes

FWD TOURING CAR FORUM - Tamiya FF01, FF02, Yokomo YRF-2, Kyosho Mantis FF

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 02:44 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PaPeRo
LMFAO...and what does this have anything to do with copying? Going by your logic EVERY gearbox on the plantet is a copy of a FF01...

You are obviously NOT an engineer so don't pretend to be one.

LMFAO....having lay down shocks has NOTHING, NADA, ZILCH to do with having an alloy gearbox. The FF03 has lay down shocks and last time I checked it doesn't have an alloy gearbox.

And what does this have anything to do with copying the FF01?

Lay down the crack pipe...

But then again you are the expert
[/QUOTE]

You seem to have very little knowledge but not surprising

The FF01 design was quite unique in its time.

The use of alloy and laydown shocks is more about the fact that they cannot afford to carry out plastic moulding. Without being able to make new C hubs and knuckles and moulded bulkheads etc other mounting options had to be considered

The layout of the battery was pointed out as being different by you but the chassis is built to take a battery across the car as well so your argument of being different is mute.

The design is simply a copy of the FF01 car with modifications to suit their lack of plastic moulding

BTW ... do you even have a Xevo?
Old 05-09-2010, 02:48 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by cannon

You seem to have very little knowledge but not surprising

The FF01 design was quite unique in its time.

The use of alloy and laydown shocks is more about the fact that they cannot afford to carry out plastic moulding.

The layout of the battery was pointed out as being different but the chassis is built to take a battery across the car as well so your argument of being different is mute.

The design is simply a copy of the FF01 car with modifications to suit their lack of plastic moulding
The FF01 has nothing in common with the Xevo other than being front engine FWD but keep smoking that whacky sh*t.
Old 05-09-2010, 02:55 AM
Tech Champion

The FF01 has nothing in common with the Xevo other than being front engine FWD but keep smoking that whacky sh*t.

Good to see that you can put up a decent argument .... NOT

And you forget to answer whether you own one? And the answer to that is obviously NO

Enjoy your racing

Last edited by cannon; 05-09-2010 at 03:28 AM.
Old 05-09-2010, 06:15 AM
Tech Addict

Good to see that you can put up a decent argument .... NOT

And you forget to answer whether you own one? And the answer to that is obviously NO

Enjoy your racing
Good to know you do NOT have an engineering design degree.

I don't see any lay down shocks despite the open alloy gearbox.

Can you spell O W N E D???
Old 05-09-2010, 01:39 PM
Tech Champion

Good to know you do NOT have an engineering design degree.

I don't see any lay down shocks despite the open alloy gearbox.

Can you spell O W N E D???

Still dont answer whether you own a Xevo?
Old 05-09-2010, 03:06 PM
Tech Addict

Still dont answer whether you own a Xevo?
Stop trying to dodge the fact you GOT OWNED....

I don't need to answer questions that are irrelevent especially coming from some dufus that thinks he's a design engineer.

Alloy gearbox = Lay down shocks....ROTFLMFAO!!!
Old 05-09-2010, 03:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

Dude are you like 10 years old or something?

Actually I suspect not, even my 10 year old has more intelligence and respect for other peoples opinions than you do...
Old 05-09-2010, 03:19 PM
Tech Addict

Opinions are like @ssholes......which is unfortunate, just because you're entitled to an opinion doesn't mean you actually know WTF you're talking about.-> Mr Cannon.
Old 05-09-2010, 03:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Can we all get back to FWD TOURING CAR FORUM - Tamiya FF01, FF02, Yokomo YRF-2, Kyosho Mantis FF ...
Old 05-09-2010, 09:44 PM
Tech Champion

Stop trying to dodge the fact you GOT OWNED....

I don't need to answer questions that are irrelevent especially coming from some dufus that thinks he's a design engineer.

Alloy gearbox = Lay down shocks....ROTFLMFAO!!!
For the brain dead Papero who obviously has not seen a Xevo ... the alloy motor mounts are an economy step as they dont have plastic moulding facilities. The guys involved are small time and a home design. Have you met them and spoken to them? I thought not

And the second reason for the laydown shocks is quite simple but Papero would not know not owning one. There is virtually no room between the gearbox plates and the wheels because of the short Mini arms to actually fit a standard shock setup .. so hence the horizontal shocks. One racer has done major alterations and managed to fit shocks vertically but it is not feasible because of turning circle restrictions

And I have no pretentions to being a design engineer ... just a set of eyes and a brain. Obviously something missing in the Papero family
Old 05-09-2010, 09:47 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by niznai
Google can:

Brand Batterireiauto employing vertical bite battle in FF Touring
Enjoy

The upright slim chassis configuration FF-03PRO batteries are side by side and three-wire
And tension gripping battle uniform rule and unique de Furontodoraibutsuringukaresu
I can feel a sense of touring a new sensation. FF and 4WD and tuck-in machine-specific differences
You can enjoy your driving and or behavior.

The new ball differential capacity development Konpakutogiyabokkusu (Inchisaizuboru × 12) equipped. Off
Rontosasupenshon around the Shotoribashiburusasuamu, Glass-filled nylon
TRF416 upright, IFS and adoption, and can be balanced Sasusettingu
Be.

The front and rear suspension arms Riyasekushon was able to set the mounting position of the damper section also Wheelbase
Recombination patterns can be altered by the application 257,245,233 3.

TRF damper HB Court, Chitankotopisutonroddo specifications, Arumitanbakkurushafu
Cart (3 × 32mm), aluminum horn Haitorukusaboseiba, Arumipiroboru / ball
Nut ,06-26T parts sought to enhance the high functionality and underlying Fussokotopinion PRO
This calls for a specification.
Tamiya Wanmeikukurasu held at the Grand Prix, world championship for the class and
Be.

Looks like an emulation of the YR-F2 to me. Nothing wrong with that but when the bar is that high, tamiya have their work cut out. After all, there's no point in bringing out somehting like that if you can't beat a 20 year old design.

If it is true (and Google doesn't lie, as we all know) that they're going to bring it out with round battery slots (for Nicd/Nimh) I think it is a great missed opportunity. I will wait until they launch the Lipo upgrade.
Damn the translation is hard to read in parts. There has been enormous interest here about this car and whether a class of club racing will take off. FF03 with a controlled ESC and motor like Mini ... good fun all round
Old 05-10-2010, 10:46 AM
Tech Addict

For the brain dead Papero who obviously has not seen a Xevo ... the alloy motor mounts are an economy step as they dont have plastic moulding facilities. The guys involved are small time and a home design. Have you met them and spoken to them? I thought not

And the second reason for the laydown shocks is quite simple but Papero would not know not owning one. There is virtually no room between the gearbox plates and the wheels because of the short Mini arms to actually fit a standard shock setup .. so hence the horizontal shocks. One racer has done major alterations and managed to fit shocks vertically but it is not feasible because of turning circle restrictions:
In other words it has nothing/nada/zilch to do with having an alloy gearbox and everything to do with having short arms

Thanks for playing.

And I have no pretentions to being a design engineer ... just a set of eyes and a brain. Obviously something missing in the Papero family
Well then you need thicker glasses or need to grow a larger brain because the one that you have says alloy gearbox = laydown shocks. Didn't your parents tell you to not smoke crack? It's not good for your brain especially small ones like yours.
Old 05-10-2010, 01:36 PM
Tech Champion

My earlier comment "The use of alloy and laydown shocks is more about the fact that they cannot afford to carry out plastic moulding. Without being able to make new C hubs and knuckles and moulded bulkheads etc other mounting options had to be considered" still stands. Some have achieved standard shock layout but have used various other parts. Xevo elected to go the other way for ease of manufacturing. They did not have to mould anything.

Get back to me when you own one or have seen one
Old 05-10-2010, 01:45 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by filbert
here is the updated steering.
Beautiful! does it have a differential or solid axle?
Old 05-13-2010, 09:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

I decided to resuscitate my FF01 special edition and start running it...

I put HPI TE37s on it with X-Patterns (I'm prepping for they add FWD to RCGT... I hope)... 3mm offset in the front 6mm on the rear (to fit the Mitsubishi Evo body I have for it... so I don't wreck my Calsonic Primera shell)

don't mind the wiring... it's only for testing... I have a Castle controller on it (I'm sponsored) and a black can motor (it came with it)... everything else is stock special edition
Attached Thumbnails FWD TOURING CAR FORUM - Tamiya FF01, FF02, Yokomo YRF-2, Kyosho Mantis FF-ff01-2.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.