R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-08-2015, 02:47 PM   #436
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Microtome View Post
I have a VBC FF Twelve and it took months to find one. I was lucky since it was new in the box. Come to think of it, it still is, but I had to post in every region section WTB. And search all of the Asia-Pacific hobby forums with Google translate to find one. And often times when you do they may not be willing to ship to the States. But eventually I did find a great guy in Malaysia who was willing to make it happen. Since I have Wildfires it was the only choice for me. If money is not a concern you could order most of the parts from VBC. Which I had already inquired about when I got the lead I needed. It was $450 or so USD for most of the FF12 Specific parts (about half of the car) the rest I had in spares. But if you had to order from scratch I would make a list and see if VBC will cut you some kind of quantity discount. It's worth a shot.
I asked Dave at VBC racing USA to see if he could get me one. I may just go have to go and get on a plane and go to Thailand. I know some shops I found have a couple of the Huge version but they won't ship to Canada....
Old 05-15-2015, 10:39 PM   #437
Tech Apprentice

FF class only, havent compared the time from 4wd blinky yet, but it might be interesting to see, yes I agree parts will be a problem but a local supplier is bringing the kits in with parts as he gets it trough Team Powers company. VBC is a problem seeing it disontinued the FF12
benTC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 07:56 PM   #438
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ordered the 3Racing Sakura ff. Only one way to find out is try one.
Billy Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 08:11 PM   #439
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

The 2014 or 15? I've got the 14 in my cart at hobbymart, just haven't pulled the trigger yet.
leadfootedfool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 02:40 PM   #440
Tech Initiate

Just bought a MTS ff pro can't wait to test it. Also ordered directly spare parts form the producer. Took around 5 days. Will be driving it against 4wd cars in 13.5 blinky mode. I live in Norway, and although 5 days is not immediately, I think it is quite fast. We in general drive tamiya try, and X-ray cars. ( mostly X-ray cars ) they are very good, and when set up right, you really can drive them very aggressively. We use a cry carpet in our club. We usually use sorex 28 tires on the carpet for a great grip. Besides being different and fwd, I must admit from what I have read and what I have seen online the qualety of this car seems really up there. The Sakura that cost the exact same price seems also good, but I read there can be troubles with the gears on the kit. I have ordered this kit from rcmart and I hope I will get it within a few days now. The spare parts from the factory arrived today. Very pleased with their service.
Totarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 02:43 PM   #441
Tech Master

I am ordering a MTS FF pro in the next few days. post pics of yours when you get it. I am glad to hear you could get parts it was the thing holding me back. I hate having a car with no parts support, and having to modify other make parts to fit.
Old 05-19-2015, 03:26 PM   #442
Tech Initiate

Yes I will take some picture of it. What I did was I sent the manifacurar a email asking them for parts.mthey really have. Avery good part tree. It looks very much like the Xray part tree. Anyway. I wrote them a email with the extra part I wanted. They provided me with a email containing their PayPal details. I payed. And it took a day or two before I heard from the, that they have sent the parts and they provided me with a tracking number. They was faster to send the exstra parts then what it takes rc mart to send the rc kit to me but I hope tomorrow or the day after I will have it. I will then take some pictures.
Old 05-19-2015, 10:02 PM   #443
Tech Master

Ok for the guys that race these, what are you running for oil in the front diff? Or are running a spool?
Old 05-19-2015, 10:21 PM   #444
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totarx View Post
Yes I will take some picture of it. What I did was I sent the manifacurar a email asking them for parts.mthey really have. Avery good part tree. It looks very much like the Xray part tree. Anyway. I wrote them a email with the extra part I wanted. They provided me with a email containing their PayPal details. I payed. And it took a day or two before I heard from the, that they have sent the parts and they provided me with a tracking number. They was faster to send the exstra parts then what it takes rc mart to send the rc kit to me but I hope tomorrow or the day after I will have it. I will then take some pictures.
Its good to hear they are helpful with parts support... might swing my decision when buying time comes
ShadowAu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 05:43 AM   #445
Tech Initiate

As promised. I got the car today. But i made a small video to show how it looks
www youtube.com/watch?v=1pIGNc5cJMI
Old 05-20-2015, 07:48 AM   #446
Tech Master

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Embedded your video for you.
Old 05-20-2015, 08:09 AM   #447
Tech Master

Wow fully assembled, didn't expect that. Really cool but a pain you have to disassemble to finish the chassis edges. Won't deter me though ordering mine today.
Old 05-20-2015, 08:11 AM   #448
Tech Master

Totarx what does the bare chassis weigh?
Old 05-20-2015, 08:33 AM   #449
Tech Initiate

patorz31 : I am not sure. I will try to get this answer to you tomorrow or the day after. I sadly do not have a scale at home. I will need to go to my club and borrow one there. I am going over the car gluing it now. I will be able to bring it to the track within a few days. ( indoor carpet track ) I will then take some video of it driving. One thing extra i have noticed on the car. I am not sure what you call lipo batteries that are a little swollen, but i have a lipo battery that is just a little swollen, and there is no way for me to fit it in. It really is a very very tight fit with the battery. I am considering looking into shimming the top deck 1mm upwards. Or maybe take out a screw in the center to give me that little flex i need to fit my battery Or else i need to get brand new batteries. Of course i do not recommend driving or owning any type of swollen batteries. Il post more as i find out things
Old 05-20-2015, 11:14 AM   #450
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Maybe new LRP LCG lipo would be useful ?

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
RedBullFiXX is offline   Reply With Quote