R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-09-2014, 06:55 PM   #421
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

And if you run USGT, you can weigh as little as 1200g or 1250g (I can't recall) compared to the 1450g for 4wd cars.

USVTA member #111
NutDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 07:17 PM   #422
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 133 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowAu View Post
I am thinking of getting an FWD to run in with the local 17.5 tourer class, mostly because I am bored stupid with 4wd tourers.

I don't win anyway so at least running 2wd against the 4wd gives me an automatic excuse and if I DO occasionally beat one it'll be a bit embarrassing for them
A local racer has run his Serpent S411 FWD car in our 17.5 blinky class and he's very fast. His car is on rails and he only loses out with the standing starts for the mains. Other than that, he's dialed.
SteveM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 03:35 AM   #423
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Does anyone have any experience with or insights into the 3Racing FF2014?

Don't mistake not being happy for unhappiness - its not the same thing
ShadowAu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 09:45 AM   #424
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Does anyone have any experience with or insights into the 3Racing FF2014?
Same question here. Anyone actually order one of these yet? I have a ff01 that I always liked was thinking of getting another car this winter. Looking for ideas
76jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 04:51 PM   #425
Tech Regular
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

gonna bring his one back from the dead. i have a tc-fd I'm thinking of doing this to. anyone have any tips?

I'm new to On road rc. Would you set these up with more ride night in the rear? Stiffer rear spring?

Last edited by Ants87ss; 04-30-2015 at 05:43 PM.
Ants87ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 12:49 AM   #426
Tech Apprentice

Default New FWD chassis

Anybody running this? A local kid here in RSA has one and he is creaming the field. BTW we run 13.5 blinky fixed timing motors.
http://blog.rcmart.com/rc-mts-ff-pro...-ro-mts-ff-01/
benTC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 03:11 AM   #427
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by benTC5 View Post
Anybody running this? A local kid here in RSA has one and he is creaming the field. BTW we run 13.5 blinky fixed timing motors.
http://blog.rcmart.com/rc-mts-ff-pro...-ro-mts-ff-01/
Is he beating 4wd cars as well or is an FF class only?

I looked at buying this but while a few shops carry the car, parts seem to only be available from the manufacturer/supplier, and even their website doesn't list parts.

A belt drive FF car would be my first choice but without guaranteed parts supply from multiple sources I won't take the risk. I've been down the boutique car path before and its not something I am keen to repeat.
Old 05-05-2015, 07:12 PM   #428
Tech Master

We are starting new class running fwd touring cars with 4wd touring cars with 21.5s. The fwd cars have no minimum weight limit while 4wd cars will weigh 1450g. I don't have any experience with fwd cars so which one is the best? I was looking for VBC FF12. What do you guys that run fwd cars suggest as a good chassis.
patorz31 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 12:57 AM   #429
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by patorz31 View Post
We are starting new class running fwd touring cars with 4wd touring cars with 21.5s. The fwd cars have no minimum weight limit while 4wd cars will weigh 1450g. I don't have any experience with fwd cars so which one is the best? I was looking for VBC FF12. What do you guys that run fwd cars suggest as a good chassis.
This car could be your choice, but no spare parts selling from online:

http://www.race-opt.com/index.php?th...&subcategory=8
mac853 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 10:01 AM   #430
Tech Master

Surprised found this thread back alive. Starting to consider one of these. Looking at the Sakura front drive model.
Billy Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 04:29 PM   #431
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Kelly View Post
Surprised found this thread back alive. Starting to consider one of these. Looking at the Sakura front drive model.
I think it happens because, every now and then, people get sick of the cookie cutter class that 4WD touring cars have become and they want something a little different but we still need something to race because of how narrow mind RC clubs can be sometimes

I've been considering the Sakura FF2014 just because the FF2015 has a few differences I am not sure I like. The Tamiya FF04 looks good to but seems expensive. Parts availability is always the deciding factor for me
Old 05-07-2015, 06:57 PM   #432
Tech Master

Quote:
I think it happens because, every now and then, people get sick of the cookie cutter class that 4WD touring cars have become and they want something a little different but we still need something to race because of how narrow mind RC clubs can be sometimes

I've been considering the Sakura FF2014 just because the FF2015 has a few differences I am not sure I like. The Tamiya FF04 looks good to but seems expensive. Parts availability is always the deciding factor for me
Good answer. I'm not a racer, mostly run solo. I've got more then enuff touring cars. Like what I can see in videos. And odds are the only way I will see one in person is to buy one.
Billy Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 07:47 PM   #433
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:

I just like em to be different, not the easiest choice for tuning but thats what makes them fun especially when you beat the newbs with high end 4wd cars.

I agree with the FF04 price. I'm not sure when Tamiya will be releasing the Pro version of it instead of the Evo. I really like my FF03 pro.
leadfootedfool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 09:21 PM   #434
Tech Adept

FF04 is an anomaly, they never released new model with EVO Series.

Usually a new model from Tamiya began with "PRO", then "R", and lastly "EVO"

Thus parts availability for FF04 would be very scarce.... IMHO
Clawhammers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 02:18 PM   #435
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Need to look in every Nook and cranny

Quote:
Originally Posted by patorz31 View Post
I have a VBC FF Twelve and it took months to find one. I was lucky since it was new in the box. Come to think of it, it still is, but I had to post in every region section WTB. And search all of the Asia-Pacific hobby forums with Google translate to find one. And often times when you do they may not be willing to ship to the States. But eventually I did find a great guy in Malaysia who was willing to make it happen. Since I have Wildfires it was the only choice for me. If money is not a concern you could order most of the parts from VBC. Which I had already inquired about when I got the lead I needed. It was $450 or so USD for most of the FF12 Specific parts (about half of the car) the rest I had in spares. But if you had to order from scratch I would make a list and see if VBC will cut you some kind of quantity discount. It's worth a shot.
Microtome is offline   Reply With Quote