R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-22-2010, 09:23 AM   #226
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcidreamz View Post
Beautiful! does it have a differential or solid axle?
I modified the existing jrxs differential to work with direct drive gearing
filbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 10:47 AM   #227
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

[QUOTE=ErikO;7422565]Back in the day the FF cars could hang with the 4wd tourers. In a class like stock or RCGT where the motors are limited, they may still be competitive.

Not ....I ran the Yokomo Front wheel drive and I remember, me and pete Tozer
ran Mod two drive class in Canadian National and pete and i won each round and the third A ,my speedo went up in smoke....Even stock motor the fwd can't keep up with the 4 wd.

AE 12R5.1,Tekin RS PRO
17.5 super stock T.O.P PHOTON , TAMIYA M05 Mini
CEFX.. High Velocity Racing Motor
Goingfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 09:47 PM   #228
Tech Rookie

Default Which TA02 suspension parts work in FF01?

I've just returned to RC car hobbying after a 10year hiatus after receiving a box full of RC cars from my uncle. What I discovered in the box were 5 Tamiya rc cars: F101, MB C11 Group-C, TA02R, TA03F with FRP conversion, and FF01 with FRP conversion. Within them were a Sport Tuned motor, Dynatech 02H 18T, 2 Futaba Attacks, etc. that were all collected over 20 years. But I digress..

I understand that the FF01 and TA02 shared many parts.

Is there a parts list that I can reference that shows which parts for the TA02 work on the FF01?

I have been searching the internet and cannot seem to find any parts for FF01, but I do see parts for TA02. The front and rear links seem nearly identical if not just a tad bit different in angle. I have started cleaning the FF01 and will take some of the suspension apart and try the TA02 equivalent arm to see if it allows the same movement and travel.

Also, has anyone thought of a clever way to put a bumper on the FF01 or TA03R? the front engine case does not make for a good bumper.

Last edited by tamiya4life; 05-27-2010 at 09:58 PM.
tamiya4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 09:55 PM   #229
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiya4life View Post
I've just returned to RC car hobbying after a 10year hiatus after receiving a box full of RC cars from my uncle. What I discovered in the box were 5 Tamiya rc cars: F101, MB C11 Group-C, TA02R, TA03F with FRP conversion, and FF01 with FRP conversion. Within them were a Sport Tuned motor, Dynatech 02H 18T, 2 Futaba Attacks, etc.

Is there a parts list that I can reference that shows which parts for the TA02 work on the FF01?

I have been searching the internet and cannot seem to find any parts for FF01, but I do see parts for TA02. The front and rear links seem nearly identical if not just a tad bit in angle. I have started cleaning the FF01 and will take some of the suspension apart and try the TA02 equivalent arm to see if it allows the same movement and travel.

Also, has anyone thought of a clever way to put a bumper on the FF01 or TA03R? the front engine case does not make for a good bumper.
I used to have those car....the FF01 have the diffrent bump than the TA03R
but they do make bumper by tamiya..

AE 12R5.1,Tekin RS PRO
17.5 super stock T.O.P PHOTON , TAMIYA M05 Mini
CEFX.. High Velocity Racing Motor
Goingfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 01:45 AM   #230
Tech Elite

Quote:
I've just returned to RC car hobbying after a 10year hiatus after receiving a box full of RC cars from my uncle. What I discovered in the box were 5 Tamiya rc cars: F101, MB C11 Group-C, TA02R, TA03F with FRP conversion, and FF01 with FRP conversion. Within them were a Sport Tuned motor, Dynatech 02H 18T, 2 Futaba Attacks, etc. that were all collected over 20 years. But I digress..

I have been searching the internet and cannot seem to find any parts for FF01, but I do see parts for TA02. The front and rear links seem nearly identical if not just a tad bit different in angle. I have started cleaning the FF01 and will take some of the suspension apart and try the TA02 equivalent arm to see if it allows the same movement and travel.

All the parts are interchangeable even though they look a little bit different (suspension arms that is). This will not affect wheelbase or width, etc.

The front gearbox on the FF01 is a straight swap on the TA02 chassis. The bumper is different of course. A number of people have actually built twin motor chassies out of TA02/FF01 parts, but the results are not what you'd expect (the same has been tried with TA03 chassies).

For more info and part numbers, take a look at the manual pages on Tamiyaclub in the UK. Your best bet is the classifieds' section there or ebay.

The best upgrade to any car is some driver skill.
niznai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 06:37 AM   #231
Tech Master

Quote:

Suspension arms used on the FF01 was from the TA02, that being the longer (I think) front arms with the BLUE hubs and the offset rear arms.

Manta Ray arms can also be used if you want to make a 235mm FWD Tourer
(I did this and run it at Halifax and West London back before 190mm Touring came the main class, but was never allowed to race it. Worked well though)
NiMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 08:13 AM   #232
Tech Adept

anyone catch the new tamiya FWD that rctvlive.com had on their facebook page? It is a limited edition run from what the article said. one guy said he had 3 or four ordered already. like to see one in person.
voltar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 09:07 AM   #233
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by voltar View Post
anyone catch the new tamiya FWD that rctvlive.com had on their facebook page? It is a limited edition run from what the article said. one guy said he had 3 or four ordered already. like to see one in person.
yeap, towerhobbies has them for pre order.
tpsolid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 10:08 AM   #234
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

...and so does Speedtech

FF-03 pre-order
Old 05-28-2010, 10:11 AM   #235
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchy View Post
...and so does Speedtech

FF-03 pre-order
good price too!

It comes out pretty even when u buy from tower with $20 off
tpsolid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 02:29 PM   #236
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to akura2 Send a message via Yahoo to akura2

Hey... quick question...

can you adjust the wheelbase of the FF01?

I know you can do it with the FF03 now... but I have a body that I want to use on mine that can use an extra 3-4mm of wheelbase to look "correct" (Tamiya Mitsubishi EVO) as you can see in the pic... the rear is a little short

And I don't want to bash the original Calsonic Primera Special edition lid...
akura2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 04:14 PM   #237
Tech Master

Send a message via Yahoo to tamiyarcracer

Quote:
Originally Posted by akura2 View Post
Hey... quick question...

can you adjust the wheelbase of the FF01?

I know you can do it with the FF03 now... but I have a body that I want to use on mine that can use an extra 3-4mm of wheelbase to look "correct" (Tamiya Mitsubishi EVO) as you can see in the pic... the rear is a little short

And I don't want to bash the original Calsonic Primera Special edition lid...
You can't make a small adjustment like that on the FF01.

Looks to me like the front is a small bit forward as well.
tamiyarcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 04:05 AM   #238
Tech Rookie

Wink Just starting off with this!

I just got the RC AMG Mercedes-Benz DTM D2 - TA02 and a Team Associated T3 from a garage sale and 4 motors for $40!!! i know nothign about this stuff other that i got a good deal. i need to start posting so i can show you guys. I NEED HELP WITH SOME THINGS!
ps, i put a Subaru Impreza WRC 1998 cover on that bad boy
kylekidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 11:34 AM   #239
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to akura2 Send a message via Yahoo to akura2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiyarcracer View Post
You can't make a small adjustment like that on the FF01.

Looks to me like the front is a small bit forward as well.
thanks.. it's the photo.. the front wheels are completely centered in the wheelwells...
akura2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 12:42 PM   #240
Tech Addict

Anyone have the M05 LWB kit?
Attached Thumbnails
FWD TOURING CAR FORUM - Tamiya FF01, FF02, Yokomo YRF-2, Kyosho Mantis FF-ban_m0531.jpg  
Barry White is offline   Reply With Quote