Old 04-07-2010, 09:57 AM   #151
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod M View Post
who can read japanese?
Google can:

Brand Batterireiauto employing vertical bite battle in FF Touring
Enjoy

The upright slim chassis configuration FF-03PRO batteries are side by side and three-wire
And tension gripping battle uniform rule and unique de Furontodoraibutsuringukaresu
I can feel a sense of touring a new sensation. FF and 4WD and tuck-in machine-specific differences
You can enjoy your driving and or behavior.

The new ball differential capacity development Konpakutogiyabokkusu (Inchisaizuboru 12) equipped. Off
Rontosasupenshon around the Shotoribashiburusasuamu, Glass-filled nylon
TRF416 upright, IFS and adoption, and can be balanced Sasusettingu
Be.

The front and rear suspension arms Riyasekushon was able to set the mounting position of the damper section also Wheelbase
Recombination patterns can be altered by the application 257,245,233 3.

TRF damper HB Court, Chitankotopisutonroddo specifications, Arumitanbakkurushafu
Cart (3 32mm), aluminum horn Haitorukusaboseiba, Arumipiroboru / ball
Nut ,06-26T parts sought to enhance the high functionality and underlying Fussokotopinion PRO
This calls for a specification.
Tamiya Wanmeikukurasu held at the Grand Prix, world championship for the class and
Be.

Looks like an emulation of the YR-F2 to me. Nothing wrong with that but when the bar is that high, tamiya have their work cut out. After all, there's no point in bringing out somehting like that if you can't beat a 20 year old design.

If it is true (and Google doesn't lie, as we all know) that they're going to bring it out with round battery slots (for Nicd/Nimh) I think it is a great missed opportunity. I will wait until they launch the Lipo upgrade.

The best upgrade to any car is some driver skill.
niznai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 08:26 PM   #152
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Guys,

I was just wondering if there would be any interest in reproduction YR-F2 kits in both TC and M-chassis size. I'm looking into the feasibility of producing a limited run of kits, with subtle upgrades to the original design for current technology etc.

If there is enough interest (which I'm hoping there is) I'll do my sums etc on pricing etc.

Cheers,

Steve
stephenianjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 08:40 PM   #153
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenianjames View Post
Guys,

I was just wondering if there would be any interest in reproduction YR-F2 kits in both TC and M-chassis size. I'm looking into the feasibility of producing a limited run of kits, with subtle upgrades to the original design for current technology etc.

If there is enough interest (which I'm hoping there is) I'll do my sums etc on pricing etc.

Cheers,

Steve
That has already been done. I have alloy arms, bulkheads and suspension holders made by an UK company that also makes suspension plates (the upper for front and lower for rear) and chassis plates. It doesn't look like they had too much of a market for these.

C-hubs and hubs rear and front are a straight fit from the YR-4 range of cars.

Upgrading this car is very difficult as the chassis can take Lipo batteries as it is. One area that has not been tackled yet is fitting modern dampers but I am not sure how necesary that would be as I have not tested extensively the original items under competition conditions. The main problem there would be the very limited room available for front damper. The rear can very easily be converted to TRF-style shocks.

A side-by-side saddle-pack configuration as used in the Durango DEX 410 would be the way to go. This would move more weight on the rear whilst creating more clearance at the front for the larger diameter TRF (or similar) shocks. The problem is to find a way to rearrange the top deck supports in such a way as to accomodate the batteries. I am looking into this at the moment as I have just purchased a saddle pack.

The best upgrade to any car is some driver skill.

Last edited by niznai; 04-25-2010 at 08:53 PM.
niznai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 12:54 AM   #154
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Niznai,

I wasn't aware of this...if you wouldn't mind, could you please advise of the compny name as I'd love to build up a YR-F2 (if the company still offers the parts, or even exists). I love the look of these cars but have never owner one, and have been looking for one for awhile.

Thanks and regards,

Steve
stephenianjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 04:05 PM   #155
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to akura2 Send a message via Yahoo to akura2

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenianjames View Post
Niznai,

I wasn't aware of this...if you wouldn't mind, could you please advise of the compny name as I'd love to build up a YR-F2 (if the company still offers the parts, or even exists). I love the look of these cars but have never owner one, and have been looking for one for awhile.

Thanks and regards,

Steve
FWD TOURING CAR FORUM - Tamiya FF01, FF02, Yokomo YRF-2, Kyosho Mantis FF

kevsracingbits.co.uk

but it's dead now

Last edited by akura2; 04-26-2010 at 05:40 PM.
akura2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 04:27 AM   #156
Tech Regular

You can get major chassis pieces from fibre-lyte in the UK. I have a YRF2 Special using the front end pieces from a standard YRF2 ie one spring,no shocks and no rear shocks,just springs like a pan car. It works just fine! Don
DLS II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 05:59 PM   #157
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Hi Guy
I've decided to shares my experience ..This a pic of my modify yokomo YRF2
Man this car is fricking fast back in the day...I got some pic to show it..
Attached Thumbnails
FWD TOURING CAR FORUM - Tamiya FF01, FF02, Yokomo YRF-2, Kyosho Mantis FF-yokomo-front-wheel-drive-003.jpg   FWD TOURING CAR FORUM - Tamiya FF01, FF02, Yokomo YRF-2, Kyosho Mantis FF-yokomo-front-wheel-drive-004.jpg   FWD TOURING CAR FORUM - Tamiya FF01, FF02, Yokomo YRF-2, Kyosho Mantis FF-yokomo-front-wheel-drive-005.jpg   FWD TOURING CAR FORUM - Tamiya FF01, FF02, Yokomo YRF-2, Kyosho Mantis FF-yokomo-front-wheel-drive-006.jpg  

AE 12R5.1,Tekin RS PRO
17.5 super stock T.O.P PHOTON , TAMIYA M05 Mini
CEFX.. High Velocity Racing Motor
Goingfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 06:05 PM   #158
Tech Elite

Here some prove.....Pic of the trophys this dang YRF2 gone winning
Attached Thumbnails
FWD TOURING CAR FORUM - Tamiya FF01, FF02, Yokomo YRF-2, Kyosho Mantis FF-yokomo-front-wheel-drive-002.jpg  

AE 12R5.1,Tekin RS PRO
Old 05-08-2010, 05:44 PM   #159
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Here's some pictures of my FF01, just fitted new universals and upright.
Parts are getting harder to come by so i changed to standard Tamiya universals and found other uprights that fitted. My orginal old FF01 Tamiya universals where worn out completely.
Attached Thumbnails
FWD TOURING CAR FORUM - Tamiya FF01, FF02, Yokomo YRF-2, Kyosho Mantis FF-08052010025.jpg   FWD TOURING CAR FORUM - Tamiya FF01, FF02, Yokomo YRF-2, Kyosho Mantis FF-08052010024.jpg   FWD TOURING CAR FORUM - Tamiya FF01, FF02, Yokomo YRF-2, Kyosho Mantis FF-08052010026.jpg  
RossoTorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 06:05 PM   #160
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RossoTorro View Post
Here's some pictures of my FF01, just fitted new universals and upright.
Parts are getting harder to come by so i changed to standard Tamiya universals and found other uprights that fitted. My orginal old FF01 Tamiya universals where worn out completely.

Looking at that you can see where Xevo got the design for their Mini
Old 05-08-2010, 06:13 PM   #161
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Spare parts anyone?

Hello, great thread. Just got introduced to Tamiya FF01, and I gotta say it is fun to drive. Seen alot of nice FWD cars in this tread, nice guys. My FF01 needs some replacement parts that are hard to find. The parts I need are the "FF01 A parts gear case." I have only found it on ebay from a seller in the U.K. It will come out to around 60 bucks after shipping which is too expensive for me. Was hoping someone might have the part and be will to sell it. Anyone? Once again great thread, lots of awesome cars! If I don't get the part I might try to repair it. Does anyone know if it is possible to repair "plastic resin?" Love the tread, love the cars, love the hobby! Roman.
Attached Thumbnails
FWD TOURING CAR FORUM - Tamiya FF01, FF02, Yokomo YRF-2, Kyosho Mantis FF-file0097.jpg   FWD TOURING CAR FORUM - Tamiya FF01, FF02, Yokomo YRF-2, Kyosho Mantis FF-file0096.jpg   FWD TOURING CAR FORUM - Tamiya FF01, FF02, Yokomo YRF-2, Kyosho Mantis FF-file0093.jpg  
romanjcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 08:17 PM   #162
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannon View Post
Looking at that you can see where Xevo got the design for their Mini
Looks nothing like a Xevo other than a double deck chassis, I guess all double deck front motor chassis are copies of a FF01.

Xevo

completely open alloy motor cage
lay down shocks
longtitudinal battery position

uh...yeah....right...lay down (pun intended) the crack pipe...
Old 05-08-2010, 08:31 PM   #163
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by romanjcg View Post
Hello, great thread. Just got introduced to Tamiya FF01, and I gotta say it is fun to drive. Seen alot of nice FWD cars in this tread, nice guys. My FF01 needs some replacement parts that are hard to find. The parts I need are the "FF01 A parts gear case." I have only found it on ebay from a seller in the U.K. It will come out to around 60 bucks after shipping which is too expensive for me. Was hoping someone might have the part and be will to sell it. Anyone? Once again great thread, lots of awesome cars! If I don't get the part I might try to repair it. Does anyone know if it is possible to repair "plastic resin?" Love the tread, love the cars, love the hobby! Roman.
You are missing the front bumper.....That is why your front case busted up easily
I have to look to see If I have any parts left in my bin....

AE 12R5.1,Tekin RS PRO
Old 05-08-2010, 10:58 PM   #164
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaPeRo View Post
Looks nothing like a Xevo other than a double deck chassis, I guess all double deck front motor chassis are copies of a FF01.

Xevo

completely open alloy motor cage
lay down shocks
longtitudinal battery position

uh...yeah....right...lay down (pun intended) the crack pipe...
Shows how little you understand R/C

The alloy motor cage is because it is easier for small manufacturers to make alloy parts rather than the cost of moulding. Hence the lack of gear box housing on the Xevo

The lack of moulding means changes have to be made .. hence laydown shocks as they couldn't mould parts to attach the shocks to

And longitudinal battery? Well the Xevo can do it both ways ... and interestingly the faster way was across the chassis at TITC

But then again you are the expert
Old 05-09-2010, 02:33 AM   #165
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannon View Post
Shows how little you understand R/C

The alloy motor cage is because it is easier for small manufacturers to make alloy parts rather than the cost of moulding. Hence the lack of gear box housing on the Xevo
LMFAO...and what does this have anything to do with copying? Going by your logic EVERY gearbox on the plantet is a copy of a FF01...

You are obviously NOT an engineer so don't pretend to be one.

Quote:
The lack of moulding means changes have to be made .. hence laydown shocks as they couldn't mould parts to attach the shocks to
LMFAO....having lay down shocks has NOTHING, NADA, ZILCH to do with having an alloy gearbox. The FF03 has lay down shocks and last time I checked it doesn't have an alloy gearbox.

Quote:
And longitudinal battery? Well the Xevo can do it both ways ... and interestingly the faster way was across the chassis at TITC B ut then again you are the expert
And what does this have anything to do with copying the FF01?

Lay down the crack pipe...