Wiki Posts
Search

Choosing A Discharge Tray

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2001, 07:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Choosing A Discharge Tray

I need help here... I currently have an old Integy tray that has served me well for quite a few years. However, now that I'm racing 1/12th for the winter a problem has developed. The Integy pack requires that the pack be installed a specific way (negative - positive, battery bar, no battery bar configuration). My 4 cell packs with ESC leads doesn't really fit the pattern required by the tray.

So, I figure I should add a new tray to the old pit bag. I've read that the Trinity Real Time 2 doesn't care about polarity. It seems to be a popular tray at the track where I race. But, are there other trays that work available? Also, I want to be able to do both NiCd and NIMH. Thanks
Old 12-20-2001, 12:05 AM
Tech Initiate

The Trinity Real Time II Battery Discharger
is great. Gives instructions for discharging both Ni-Cad and NIMH.I like it because all my packs fit in it (Saddle, Stick, 4 cell). You can pick it up for a good price @ Tower Hobbies, I think it's $32....

http//:www.towerhobbies.com
Old 12-20-2001, 02:14 AM
Tech Rookie

Just curious, but how do you discharge a stick pack with a Real Time 2? Anyone else get one of these recently? I got one but they took the guts out of the Real Time 2 and put it into the original Real Time tray. I feel kind of ripped off. I really liked the RT2 because its small but the original is kind of big like the Integy Octane 2. Another friend of mine got one the same way, I guess Trinity had a bunch of old ones laying around and decided to screw over some people.