Pro10 Class

Old 01-30-2008, 11:43 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi everyone!
I am from Sweden and i am also a big fan of 1/10 pancars, i raced rc10Līs back in the days and also a corally and a Darkside i-force.
I have one question about the bodys you are discussing, if you use a GT or GTP body with a wing on it, what happens with the rear traction? the downforce of the body will press the chassis to the ground and make the car almost undriveable...you need to put the rear wing on some mounts that are attached to the rear pod instead. am i wrong?
happy for answers. // Tomas
Old 01-30-2008, 12:07 PM
Tech Regular

We didn't have any problems with the F103 cars bottoming out and the wing is mounted to the body.
Old 01-30-2008, 12:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tjompa
Hi everyone!
I am from Sweden and i am also a big fan of 1/10 pancars, i raced rc10Līs back in the days and also a corally and a Darkside i-force.
I have one question about the bodys you are discussing, if you use a GT or GTP body with a wing on it, what happens with the rear traction? the downforce of the body will press the chassis to the ground and make the car almost undriveable...you need to put the rear wing on some mounts that are attached to the rear pod instead. am i wrong?
happy for answers. // Tomas
Not really...we were running no wings at the end of 235mm Pro-10 in the early 90's. The wings were molded into the bodies like on 1/12th bodies. To make the cars more realistic we are thinking of no built in wings. Bodies mush have molded in or plastic wing stand off and a separate wing like sedans and Protoform's 911 GT1 body.

This will make all the DP and LM cars look more realistic. We really don't want to get back to the wedge bodies like the PF Nissan P35, Peugeot and current 1/12th bodies.
Old 01-30-2008, 12:17 PM
Tech Adept

okey, i had some problem with my darkside i force, the chassis was finished after some weeks, and the rear traction wasnt the best without a wing on the rear pod.
Anyone that are a little bit more experienced than me can tell how this works.
Old 01-30-2008, 12:25 PM
Tech Adept

thanks for the answers. i raced mamba max 770 and 7.4lipos, maybe that was a problem in itself
Old 01-30-2008, 12:48 PM
GSP
Tech Adept

Default TOO FAST ?????????

I have been reading a lot of stuff on theses cars and some good and some not so good. I think the idea to bring this class back is a great one and I also remember back in the day with the RC10L and how fun they where to drive.

But I am reading that the cars for a indoor carpet track
will be too fast and I do not remember that back years ago. Is this being said because of the BL and Lipo combo? I just can not believe you can not gear theses cars to work on a indooor carpet track with ggod handling and speen to make the class fun to drive.

Please correct me if I am wrong but you sometimes have to change your gearing to get your car to work at any track you run at to be able to drive that track correct?

Please do not tell me this car is only good for outdoor tracks. There ahs to be a happy medium for indoor and outdoor racing with this car right.
Old 01-30-2008, 12:49 PM
GSP
Tech Adept

Default TOO FAST ?????????

I have been reading a lot of stuff on theses cars and some good and some not so good. I think the idea to bring this class back is a great one and I also remember back in the day with the RC10L and how fun they where to drive.

will be too fast and I do not remember that back years ago. Is this being said because of the BL and Lipo combo? I just can not believe you can not gear theses cars to work on a indooor carpet track with good handling and speed to make the class fun to drive and work on the track you race at.

Please correct me if I am wrong but you sometimes have to change your gearing to get your car to work at any track you run at to be able to drive that track correct?

Please do not tell me this car is only good for outdoor tracks. There ahs to be a happy medium for indoor and outdoor racing with this car right.
Old 01-30-2008, 01:19 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by GSP
I...
will be too fast and I do not remember that back years ago. Is this being said because of the BL and Lipo combo? I just can not believe you can not gear theses cars to work on a indooor carpet track with good handling and speed to make the class fun to drive and work on the track you race at...
Actually, the last time they ran Pro10 at Nats in the US the drivers were saying that it was too fast. Comments were made about the fact that the cars were getting dangerous. That was what really killed the class from what I heard.
Old 01-30-2008, 01:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

For any of this to happen someone needs to take hold of it and run with it...

www.usvintagetransam.com was a small effort that has helped grow/expose that style of racing to many tracks.

If something like that could be done then people could have a baseline to go with. Otherwise it will be just back and forth on this thread.
Old 01-30-2008, 01:20 PM
Tech Adept

i have raced my darkside pancar with the Tc guys indoors on carpet and its works perfect, i have used 5 cells and a 4.5BL setup, fun to drive and not to hard if you have some experience.
Old 01-30-2008, 01:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I'll just jump in here and echo what others have said - this class will be the best thing to happen to on-road in a long time. Part of the reason I became disenchanted with touring cars was the high price of the cars and batteries. I don't have much experience with lipos, so I can't comment on them, but this class would be perfect to run with 4 cell packs. It would keep the money down and make the "battery wars" not as important.

I am very excited to see where this class goes...
Old 01-30-2008, 01:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Haven't read the whole thread, but if the Pro10 class comes back as 4 cell you think this will kill the 1:12 class? Maybe we should just design GT bodies for 1:12 scale? Just throwing this out there for discussion.
Old 01-30-2008, 01:59 PM
V12
Tech Elite

Mathjis
You should say also what motors were used at the German Nats 2007. 4.5T BL - on 6 cells of course. Thatīs fast.
Old 01-30-2008, 02:00 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Unregistered
Actually, the last time they ran Pro10 at Nats in the US the drivers were saying that it was too fast. Comments were made about the fact that the cars were getting dangerous. That was what really killed the class from what I heard.
Seems like a perfect opportunity to run 3.7 volt Lipo and what ever motor makes it go the correct speed.

If you look at what the latest Lipo packs are averaging for voltage during a discharge to 6.0 volts they are very close to a good six cell pack (7.38) so I don't see why half a Lipo won't go about the same as a four cell pack.

How about 3.7 volt Lipo and 10.5?
Old 01-30-2008, 02:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Somebody should see if Associated still has the molds for the RC10 DS bodies.
They had a Mustang and Camaro of the late 90's type, and I think they were 200mm. Might be a start. McAllister also has a Jaguar, but I think it's 190mm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.