Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pro10 Class

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 04:49 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I hope Jaco make a Prizm pro10 wheel. The current Jaco wheel can't take a hit at all (at least not on the boards at my track) and the lack of nerf wings on the newer design cars almost guarantees they'll break a lot.
Old 01-28-2008, 06:03 AM
Tech Champion

Here's my 2 cents- Thank you pan car companies. I ran my Bolink Scorpion ( the last pan car they made) two weekends ago in the Florida State Series. It was run against the TC in our Trans Am Class ( The purple Cuda with Yellow rims). I ran a 13.5 with 4 cells (ep4600) and we qualified with 6 minute races and a 8 minute main. My 13.5 was a Novak with the 12.3 sintered rotor and the final gear ratio was a 30x84. Tire size was not measured as but they were Purple fronts and Pink rears.Since I was not prepared properly I did more work on the car as it had been sitting for 2-3 years.
By the main I had it working great but the weather conditions were bad- see pictures with everyone in coats (cold and windy).
I think the 13.5 was plenty fast with 4 cells. When there are lipos available(4 cells style) it will be even better. The 10.5 would probably be to fast for this class(trans-am). But for other classes - mod or super stock ?I hate to say but maybe the 17.5 with lipo or 4 cells would be the right place to start (slower) with 13.5 super stock and 10.5- mod.Tires- Foams work great- no rubber tires!
When 1/10th was finally killed at the 2000 carpet nationals at Minregg there was less than 5 mod cars and it was way to fast for 99% of the people to drive.Speed will kill this class before it gets started good.
Now I'm looking for a new pan car chassis sponsor since my Bolink is no longer made.
Old 01-28-2008, 06:13 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by BullFrog
Here's my 2 cents- Thank you pan car companies. I ran my Bolink Scorpion ( the last pan car they made) two weekends ago in the Florida State Series. It was run against the TC in our Trans Am Class ( The purple Cuda with Yellow rims). I ran a 13.5 with 4 cells (ep4600) and we qualified with 6 minute races and a 8 minute main. My 13.5 was a Novak with the 12.3 sintered rotor and the final gear ratio was a 30x84. Tire size was not measured as but they were Purple fronts and Pink rears.Since I was not prepared properly I did more work on the car as it had been sitting for 2-3 years.
By the main I had it working great but the weather conditions were bad- see pictures with everyone in coats (cold and windy).
I think the 13.5 was plenty fast with 4 cells. When there are lipos available(4 cells style) it will be even better. The 10.5 would probably be to fast for this class(trans-am). But for other classes - mod or super stock ?I hate to say but maybe the 17.5 with lipo or 4 cells would be the right place to start (slower) with 13.5 super stock and 10.5- mod.Tires- Foams work great- no rubber tires!
When 1/10th was finally killed at the 2000 carpet nationals at Minregg there was less than 5 mod cars and it was way to fast for 99% of the people to drive.Speed will kill this class before it gets started good.
Now I'm looking for a new pan car chassis sponsor since my Bolink is no longer made.
With 4 cell speeds and driveability are not a problem. I have run the DB10R with a 5.5BL on 4 cells. It was VERY fast but still VERY east to drive. 17.5, 13.5 and 10.5 on 4 cells are extremely easy to drive.

The problem is LiPo. People have to be responsible and run 21.5 to 17.5 with LiPo packs. A 13.5 on a LiPo pack is just about as fast as the 5.5 was on 4 cells but with a lot more bottom end punch.
Old 01-28-2008, 06:20 AM
Tech Champion

Adrian your about 15 years younger than me and better eye's. The lipos I would like would be the 4 cells equavilant that will be out sometime this year?Six Cells with any of these motors(BL) would be way to fast.Again this is just my opinion.
Old 01-28-2008, 06:29 AM
Tech Regular

i was thinking that for indoors, 4 cell would work great. speeds will be very similar to current 12th and TC's running the same motors (ie, stock, 19t, or mod). And, they will handle awesome with all that tire, even running the TC or sports car type bodies.

Now for outdoors, bring on the lipo's and Lola bodies. they'll be like 8th scales little brother's. The main difference is if you disassemble the car on the track, it will cost a couple bucks and a few minutes to fix, rather than a new $600 - $800 kit like 8th. Oh wait, and a brushless system costs around $250 and runs dang near forever, and a good nitro engine costs around $500 and you'll be lucky to get a season out of it.

These cars will be cool for the indoor TC guy that wants to try out pan cars, and also for the 12th guy that wants to run something a little bigger.

Where they will really shine (IMO) is outdoors for the guys that could never afford to run 8th scale or even 200mm nitro TC. These cars may bring a huge resurgence to asphalt on-road, and that would kick a$$.

jw
Old 01-28-2008, 06:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

One thing that is great for this is that the 200mm can be pretty adaptable. They can run Super GT bodies, GTP, bodies, TC bodies, and assorted others. Maybe with this we will see Associated bring their L3T back into production.
Old 01-28-2008, 08:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

The DB10R looks awesome. If they could have some standards setup similar to Trans Am this would be perfect...

Like realistic bodies, no Mazda 6, Stratus ,etc type...
Old 01-28-2008, 09:13 AM
Tech Apprentice

Finally...........

This will be the comeback of pancars.

- Easy to maintain cars (compared to TC)
- Great for begginers as well al pros
- Faster than TC
- Cheaper
- Longer mains
- Lipo friendly chassis
- no more forcing electronics to their limits
- Less and cheaper parts
- gives you the chance to a more realistic body
- incredible speeds with modified motors
- etc
- etc
- etc

Nobody is trying to compare them to 1/12. 1/12 is a great category a little beat more for indoor facilities. Pro 10 will be the best thing for outdoors in many years.

BRING THEM ON........
Old 01-28-2008, 09:51 AM
Tech Champion

Nexus-Raced the Trans-Am body on my Pan Car (200mm) two weeks ago in our Florida Series.This was agianst the TC. Go to our series pictures for 2008 and you'll see a Purple Cuda with yellow rims that's my car.Since it's been many years it took me awhile to get things going.Now it's already to go for the next time.We used the 13.5 and 4 cells- worked good.
Old 01-28-2008, 11:23 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Nexus
The DB10R looks awesome. If they could have some standards setup similar to Trans Am this would be perfect...

Like realistic bodies, no Mazda 6, Stratus ,etc type...
I have been kicking around an idea in my head about doing a GT sort of thing. Im sure if somebody could take the idea and run with it (much like ApexSpeed and the boys with Vintage Trans-Am) We could see a definite resurgence with all the different chassis hitting th emarket in the coming weeks and months
Old 01-28-2008, 11:35 AM
Tech Champion

GTP - men (wide)
GT - sportsmen (narrow)
done.
lets race
Old 01-28-2008, 11:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

First I think we just need one class of this first off to get it started. Once it builds up, then maybe we can split up the class in 2. Right now I would like to see something simple like 13.5 or 10.5 and 4 cell. Lipo would be nice. But only with a slower motor.

Adrian and Jason, I know you guys have been collaborating the cars with other companies. Have yall discussed rules like weight, motor, batteries, etc?
Old 01-28-2008, 12:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ike
That Odyssey is pretty hot! You should get one and put some wood panels on it with a little plastic surfboard on top
I remember in the late 80's when 1:10 scale pan cars were big, a guy named Greg Klugh (sp?) used to use an Audi 4door body which looked like a box and would woop up on all of us running the GTP style bodies.

I'd really like to see this class use 6 cells, a 17.5 and use 190mm or 200mm bodies.
Old 01-28-2008, 12:21 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by JimmyMac
Adrian and Jason, I know you guys have been collaborating the cars with other companies. Have yall discussed rules like weight, motor, batteries, etc?
We have...

Everyone wants to keep it 4 cell. We all raced 6 cell Pro-10 years ago and remember how out of control fast it was.

For motors we want to run 17.5, 10.5 and Open Mod just like the 1/12th 4 cell ROAR classes.

We need to do some more testing before we start talking about Lipo motors.

I doubt anyone has weighed thier cars yet but but we will shortly.
Old 01-28-2008, 12:27 PM
Tech Champion

Are you guys lookign at GTP for this or GT bodies?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.