Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pro10 Class

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 05:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Im not pissy. Just a lot of contradiction amongst manfacturers and racers.
I do appluade your efforts to push this class.
Old 02-17-2008, 06:03 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

To be honest, It has just gotten way out of hand. Too many ego's always seem to get in the way. I am to the point that im not going to even pay much mind to it any more. As i stated in an earlier post, this is the most odd market i have seen. And this forum has proved that point. You think you are trying to do a good thing and it always seems to backfire. I will now just make my car and release it. If the class takes off to a national level, that is great. If not, then i have a cool car and alot of spares.
Old 02-17-2008, 08:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

Jason I feel ya Bro!!!
I sat back and watch this forum kick the crap out of a good friend of mine and a good maybe a great car designer. I told him to stay out of here ~ that it is a good place to post something to get the word out but to get out as soon as he did the post! and not to let all the crap on here get to him.

I hope your ok and like they say make it and they will race it!

Make the car let them come up with how or what they want to run, body battery, motor and so on.

I know it is hard but post your pics and move on!! this would be best!! Buddy.

You made an outstanding 12 scale car and I am sure your 10th scale will be just as good.

Heck right now me and my friends are running these cars with HPI BMW Z3 M coupe bodies on the chassis right now!

I for one love to see this class and car make a come back!
C.C.
Old 02-17-2008, 09:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Im reminded of a saying as I have watched this discussion pretty much spiral out of control over the last 22 plus pages:

You can please some of the people some of the time, some of the people all the time, all of the people some of the time but never all the people ALL the time. All this back and forth really was not necessary, I keep referencing back to it but look at the Vintage Trans-Am discussion. It has been around about as long if not longer than this discussion and there have not been the same problems there. A set of rules was laid out, and nobody was complaining about LiPo or what brushless motor would be best or what body style would be best or how many classes there should be or fairly irrelevant stuff like what is an appropriate price point (which is something that the manufacturers like Jason decide not a bunch of guys going on and on on a message board, though many of them are racers).

And there CERTAINLY is not a need for personal attacks either (in ANY language). The behavior of some people in this discussion has been beyond deplorable and I for one am extremely disappointed in a number of people (they know who they are). This is not a time to be divisive. Im going to start a new discussion about a rule set I posted about a couple times in this discussion that I think would be a good starting point. Im also going to have to take the responsibility of trying something I tried with a discussion on another message board and it actually worked out pretty well.
Old 02-18-2008, 02:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

This thread has reached it's goal- introduce a new class and watch it grow.It's intoduced now waiting for the cars to all become available.Now do what you will with it.
Old 02-19-2008, 04:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Adrian & Brian,

What tires have you settled on outdoors on pavement?
What bodies have you ran so far?

Thanks,
-Greg
Old 02-19-2008, 05:06 AM
Tech Master

Hiya guys, I used to race pro10's many years ago and would say that it was my favourite class of RC racing that I have done over the years. So, I was really happy with news that the class could be coming back. What I don't understand though, is why so many people seem to want to have a go at any of the poeple that are investing time and money into this class of RC. I also don't understand why so many people have opinions on how this class should be run, when there is no class at all at this time!! Back in the day, the car had to be a certain weight, 7.2v's, a Lemans type b'shell and away you go. Why change a great formula? Leave it as that. Pro10's only died out over here due to the popularity of full size TC racing. People went out and converted 4wd buggies and made 'wide' TC's to race with until manufacturers made 'narrow' TC's. I think most people that would race Pro10's nowadays, would do so because the class is known to be fast, that's the point of it! I just don't remember anyone moaning back then about having to run this motor, or that motor...these batteries, those batteries.....Oh, and by the way, the German/Dutch Pro10 scene is alive and kicking and guess what, they run 7.2v and any modified or brushless motor!! Only my 2p worth guys, all the best, Chris.
Old 02-20-2008, 12:57 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I had a chance to take another in-person look at the Speedmerchant 200mm car last night. Bruce had the car topped with a fantastic looking Corvette body and boy did it look mean.

We should have these on the track up in the Northeast in the next few weeks and I can't wait. This is exactly the class we need right now as a community, cheap and reliable fun with tons of performance.

Nick
Old 02-20-2008, 01:28 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Have bruce post a pic. I have the vette body on mine also. It looks awesome and handles excellent also. I wanna see how he did his up.
Old 02-20-2008, 01:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Im working with JimmyMac on some rules for a GT10 (his idea for the name not mine) class. Hopefully he will have something for everybody's perusal in the coming weeks
Old 02-22-2008, 11:35 AM
Tech Regular

We had our first pro10 race last Saturday. Eight entries with two more in the pits being built and two people wanting to buy cars. Mainly 10l's, but there was one new Corally. We are running 6cell or lipo with 13.5 brushless (4cell 19t is allowed but no one ran that combination). Lap times were a few 10ths faster than mod touring. Seems to be a good combination of easy to drive, but fast lap times. One car had a lipo down the side with 5oz of lead to counterbalance. All cars were 235mm, except one touring car with foams. gt body and 19t. We are having a series this season with two classes. One is 235mm/13.5 as above. The second is 200mm pan with the same motor/battery. You can also run a touring car (in the 200mm class)with GT body, foams and 19t. Out fast lap times were a couple of 10ths faster than mod sedan. 6cell/lipo with the 13.5 seemed to be a good combination as the lap times were fast, buy cars were very driveable. We ran 8 minutes, but the cars were falling off at the 7 minute mark with 4200s or 3600lipo, so we have decided to run 6 minutes. We want people to be able to run batteries they have and not be required to buy to new 4800 (or more) lipos to compete.
Old 02-22-2008, 11:58 AM
Tech Rookie

Sorry about that i didnt even see this thread before I posted mine. but im glad to see there is a good amount of intrest in the pro10 class.
Old 02-22-2008, 12:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jrrc
We had our first pro10 race last Saturday. Eight entries with two more in the pits being built and two people wanting to buy cars. Mainly 10l's, but there was one new Corally. We are running 6cell or lipo with 13.5 brushless (4cell 19t is allowed but no one ran that combination). Lap times were a few 10ths faster than mod touring. Seems to be a good combination of easy to drive, but fast lap times. One car had a lipo down the side with 5oz of lead to counterbalance. All cars were 235mm, except one touring car with foams. gt body and 19t. We are having a series this season with two classes. One is 235mm/13.5 as above. The second is 200mm pan with the same motor/battery. You can also run a touring car (in the 200mm class)with GT body, foams and 19t. Out fast lap times were a couple of 10ths faster than mod sedan. 6cell/lipo with the 13.5 seemed to be a good combination as the lap times were fast, buy cars were very driveable. We ran 8 minutes, but the cars were falling off at the 7 minute mark with 4200s or 3600lipo, so we have decided to run 6 minutes. We want people to be able to run batteries they have and not be required to buy to new 4800 (or more) lipos to compete.

It was great to have 8 cars and more on the way. Love have the 103 out there too.
Old 02-22-2008, 11:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by jrrc
Will you guys be racing at RCCAR? I will try to have my sedan with foams ready for RCCAR.
Old 02-23-2008, 12:05 AM
Tech Regular

Steve is setting up a schedule now. RCCAR has shown interest, so hopefully yes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.