Search
Like Tree3Likes

CRC 1/10 Pan Car

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 02:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by espresso1967
After going through three carbon fiber bumpers I looked for another solution and thanks to Still Bill who turned me on to this bumper I have not broken a bumper since. I bought two of them in January and still on the first one. Of course my driving has improved but I still hit hard and they do not break. Great investment for a fraction of the cost of the crc carbon fiber one. Go get it.

http://www.manutech.info/151101specs.html
Anyone try their front brace? When they say wide are they saying the widest standard setting?
Old 03-21-2009, 12:22 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by liljohn1064
Anyone try their front brace? When they say wide are they saying the widest standard setting?
Yes, it is manufactured for the widest standard setting. However, you can cut (dremel) away part of their brace to align it to the medium standard position by attaching it at the two outer holes on each side. Looks fairly weak; but, I have not broken mine while using it this way for testing.

FYI...The Manutach front brace also comes with slightly longer attachment screws (8).

Bill
Old 03-21-2009, 01:47 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Still Bill
Yes, it is manufactured for the widest standard setting. However, you can cut (dremel) away part of their brace to align it to the medium standard position by attaching it at the two outer holes on each side. Looks fairly weak; but, I have not broken mine while using it this way for testing.

FYI...The Manutach front brace also comes with slightly longer attachment screws (8).

Bill
Does it fit over the original caps? or does it fit in place of the caps?
Old 03-21-2009, 07:33 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by NiMo
Does it fit over the original caps? or does it fit in place of the caps?
It goes over; so, you can shim it to make it lay flat (without any bowing).
Old 03-23-2009, 08:39 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

It goes over; so, you can shim it to make it lay flat (without any bowing).
They should just make a set of 3, one for each width. I'd buy them immediately.
Old 03-23-2009, 09:04 AM
Tech Master

I have chosen to run the widest width at the front, and have also spaced out the rear.
It is still less than 200mm but seems to suit my local track better
Old 03-23-2009, 08:45 PM
Tech Champion

Good idea. I did communicate with them about bumpers previously. They are very responsive to suggestions; so, give it a try.
Old 03-27-2009, 04:03 PM
Tech Adept

For those of you who have experienced probems with the stock CRC front axles, I had a request from Japan to make up some replacements that after their testing have shown to be more durable. These use a regular 4-40 sets screw instead of the aluminum thread. You can check them out at www.teamtamale.com.
Old 03-29-2009, 03:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

so did anyone post an set up for this car yetz?

anyone have brain w. or franks c. set up?
Old 03-29-2009, 04:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hey to all you pan car guys!

Im a offroad racer, that picked up a GenX to play with...the car is new, built, but never run and the deal was too good to pass up. The car came with Jaco GT Spec tires (uncut), and a 110 spur. I got a Tekin 13.5/RS Pro, w/ProTek 30C 3800hardcase lipo for a power plant. The only things I need to finish it off is a servo saver, and a pinion gear...the pinion gear is where I'm hung up.

I am looking for advice on a starting point for a pinion. I've been reading through this thread over the last couple of days, and havent found info for my specific setup. The setup necessary with these cars is mind numbing...I'm trying to soak it all in

I got it because I wanted something stupid fast to play with, to try and sharpen up my reflexes during downtime of not being able to race 1/8 buggy. I have a nice indoor carpet track to play on, and I do realize that the powerplant may be a little too much for indoor...but thats what I wanted, plus I figured I could tame it down on my radio if needed.

Any help or advice is welcome
Old 03-29-2009, 06:15 PM
Tech Champion

Default Just come by NorCal Hobbies...

Just come by NorCal Hobbies and I can show you.

Get the medium sized Kimbrough servo saver. The small one's spring mechanism is not heavy enough for 1/10th scale.

Like you said, the car will be stupid fast with a 13.5 motor. We are all racing with 17.5 motors.

Bill

Originally Posted by scoobie1
Hey to all you pan car guys!

Im a offroad racer, that picked up a GenX to play with...the car is new, built, but never run and the deal was too good to pass up. The car came with Jaco GT Spec tires (uncut), and a 110 spur. I got a Tekin 13.5/RS Pro, w/ProTek 30C 3800hardcase lipo for a power plant. The only things I need to finish it off is a servo saver, and a pinion gear...the pinion gear is where I'm hung up.

I am looking for advice on a starting point for a pinion. I've been reading through this thread over the last couple of days, and havent found info for my specific setup. The setup necessary with these cars is mind numbing...I'm trying to soak it all in

I got it because I wanted something stupid fast to play with, to try and sharpen up my reflexes during downtime of not being able to race 1/8 buggy. I have a nice indoor carpet track to play on, and I do realize that the powerplant may be a little too much for indoor...but thats what I wanted, plus I figured I could tame it down on my radio if needed.

Any help or advice is welcome
Old 03-30-2009, 12:15 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Just come by NorCal Hobbies and I can show you.

Get the medium sized Kimbrough servo saver. The small one's spring mechanism is not heavy enough for 1/10th scale.

Like you said, the car will be stupid fast with a 13.5 motor. We are all racing with 17.5 motors.

Bill
Bill, I do appreciate the offer, but at the moment away races, or traveling more than a hour or so to race are pretty much out of the question...Where is NorCal hobbies? Im about 60 miles north of Sac...

Like I said, I got the car to screw around with, not really with any intentions of racing it. I went to gearchart.com and looked it over, but I dont know what rollout I need to shoot for...So if someone could give me a idea of where to start with a pinion, it would be a huge help.

TIA
Old 03-30-2009, 07:32 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by scoobie1
Bill, I do appreciate the offer, but at the moment away races, or traveling more than a hour or so to race are pretty much out of the question...Where is NorCal hobbies? Im about 60 miles north of Sac...

Like I said, I got the car to screw around with, not really with any intentions of racing it. I went to gearchart.com and looked it over, but I dont know what rollout I need to shoot for...So if someone could give me a idea of where to start with a pinion, it would be a huge help.

TIA
TIA,

Then, just go to A-Main Hobbies in Chico. The owner, Kendall, has a Gen-X 10 and is pretty fast with it. They have a wonderful carpet track at their warehouse too. And they don't charge racers to run on it...Wow!

Being a major mail order house, they also have the most complete r/c inventory in all of NorCal.

Should be in your neighborhood.

Bill
Old 03-30-2009, 08:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Where can I find good Out door set up for genX10....(13.5 4 cell)?

Last edited by Goingfast; 03-31-2009 at 05:18 PM.
Old 03-30-2009, 09:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Vicko
so did anyone post an set up for this car yetz?

anyone have brain w. or franks c. set up?
Hey Vicko, I have a setup that I use on my car that has been working very well atr The Track. I can show you what I have done. I am able to "put the needle in the thread" with the setup against Komkit and Arvin.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.