Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

CRC 1/10 Pan Car

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 05:54 PM
Tech Initiate

should be in Victoria, wed. or thursday.
Old 04-28-2008, 06:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

What esc/motor/servo will everyone be using? I have a new spektrum dx3 an would like to know what type of reciever to use? As per manual will need rims/tires and will be running on asphalt, some recommendations. Would like to run lipo but will consider nimh. What other tools parts will I need to get up and running? I have Hyperion charger, some hex that were used for my Traxxas E-Maxx. Not sure what else to get, any help would be greatly appreciated
The IROCC members are doing a lot of testing on what works and we should have a few Gen10s for our next race. So check out this web site http://www.irocc.ca/modules.php?name...=viewforum&f=9

-=light=-
Old 04-28-2008, 07:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by espresso1967
What esc/motor/servo will everyone be using? I have a new spektrum dx3 an would like to know what type of reciever to use? As per manual will need rims/tires and will be running on asphalt, some recommendations. Would like to run lipo but will consider nimh. What other tools parts will I need to get up and running? I have Hyperion charger, some hex that were used for my Traxxas E-Maxx. Not sure what else to get, any help would be greatly appreciated.

i good starting point is Pink rear and Purples front but have XX pink all around it good.

When I go to a new track I start Pink rear and Purples front.
Old 04-28-2008, 09:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by espresso1967
What esc/motor/servo will everyone be using? I have a new spektrum dx3 an would like to know what type of reciever to use? As per manual will need rims/tires and will be running on asphalt, some recommendations. Would like to run lipo but will consider nimh. What other tools parts will I need to get up and running? I have Hyperion charger, some hex that were used for my Traxxas E-Maxx. Not sure what else to get, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Well, for my setup I am going to be running a GTB 10.5, with TrakPower 4900s (25C), Spektrum 3.0, Hitec 5965MG servo, GRP wheels.

I am going to be experimenting with different compounds for wheels. I am going to be running Purple/Magenta on high grip and abrasive tracks, and I might try Gray/Pink on a slick track. Unfortunately I wasnt able to get Pink rears. (yet). Pan car this year will be mainly experimentation for me. I have alot to still learn about Pan car, and esp on outdoor asphault track.

Shawn.
Old 04-30-2008, 08:11 AM
Tech Initiate

Well, i've just ordered this great car to the french CRC dealer.

I just can't wait to build the kit and put GTB and 9.5 in it, i'm sometimes fed up with TC ...
Old 04-30-2008, 01:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I received my shipping notice yesturday! She's on a UPS truck headed my way. Looks like first of the week, I'll be building a masterpiece.
Old 04-30-2008, 08:15 PM
Tech Addict

Well, its official IROCC has received their kits! Thank you CRC!

I have my kit on my work bench, and I took a rifle through the box. I took a close look at the main chassis and it looks good with lots of material around the edge, and around screw holes. Should be able to with stand some serious abuse. Definately worth the wait.

The only shame is I am not going to have time until Friday to put it together.

Shawn.
Old 04-30-2008, 10:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Same here Shawn.

It looks nice I tried out the SMC 4000 in the lipo try and it's a nice fit. I'll start building the car Thursday after I pick up some wet and dry sand paper.

light
Old 05-01-2008, 02:54 AM
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Are there any pictures from the 235mm car and what will the 235mm conversion kit include and how much will that be?
Old 05-02-2008, 07:20 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I just bought mine last night, I cant wait to build and run it this summer.

It looks sweet.

Old 05-03-2008, 09:45 AM
Tech Addict

Well, mines all together now. Took it out for alittle spin last night. Definately fast, and feels good. Cant wait to race it (another week! arg).

I was definately right about the car taking abuse though, promptly crashed it, had the car doing cartwheels across my front lawn. Broke the servo, but I have some new ones on order anyways. (the one I broke was under-powered).

During assembly, the only difficulty I had was the left rear hub, one of the holes wasnt completely tapped thru. So I borrowed a tap from next door, and had that fixed real quick. And GRP wheels are a REAL tight fit on the hubs. I have heard the corally wheels actually fit alittle nicer. (I am being alittle nit picky here though, GRP wheels do fit, but becarfull of the rim.)

Also, a full sized servo will fit if you are racing 4cell. I put a Hitec 5965 full sized servo in, and it over hangs onto the tray by about a .25". No good for Lipo, but for 4 cell it will work fine.

Awesome car though, crazy fast.

Shawn.
Old 05-03-2008, 09:56 AM
Tech Addict

Well, mines all together now. Took it out for alittle spin last night. Definately fast, and feels good. Cant wait to race it (another week! arg).

I was definately right about the car taking abuse though, promptly crashed it, had the car doing cartwheels across my front lawn. Broke the servo, but I have some new ones on order anyways. (the one I broke was under-powered).

During assembly, the only difficulty I had was the left rear hub, one of the holes wasnt completely tapped thru. So I borrowed a tap from next door, and had that fixed real quick. And GRP wheels are a REAL tight fit on the hubs. I have heard the corally wheels actually fit alittle nicer. (I am being alittle nit picky here though, GRP wheels do fit, but becarfull of the rim.)

Also, a full sized servo will fit if you are racing 4cell. I put a Hitec 5965 full sized servo in, and it over hangs onto the tray by about a .25". No good for Lipo, but for 4 cell it will work fine.

Awesome car though, crazy fast.

Shawn.
Old 05-03-2008, 11:53 AM
Tech Regular

any pics of ur new ride?
Old 05-03-2008, 02:06 PM
Tech Addict

Acouple of things you might notice. I have not finished the electronics. I am still waiting on my new amb,servo, and my brushless heat sink/fan. So until then the wires are alittle messy. I have purposely left the headlight area clear, because I am installing LED headlights/tail lights into the car for some night time fun.

http://s295.photobucket.com/albums/m...awn68z/GenX10/

Cheers,

Shawn.

Last edited by Shawn68z; 05-03-2008 at 02:12 PM. Reason: Fixed link(s)
Old 05-03-2008, 02:10 PM
Tech Addict

Acouple of things you might notice. I have not finished the electronics. I am still waiting on my new amb,servo, and my brushless heat sink/fan. So until then the wires are alittle messy. I have purposely left the headlight area clear, because I am installing LED headlights/tail lights into the car for some night time fun.

Cheers,

Shawn.

Last edited by Shawn68z; 05-03-2008 at 06:37 PM. Reason: Figured out how to insert images :-)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.