R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-11-2010, 09:26 AM   #1321
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

What is the part number for the new LE front plate? Is that available as a separate part?
Old 12-11-2010, 09:28 AM   #1322
Tech Champion

[QUOTE=defencex;8327453]Hi,

the first thing i did, is to modify the rear right height adjusters like it says on this page:
http://www.teamcrc.com/crc/modules.p...article&sid=55

Dumper. Is this modification recommended with the new CRC rear ride height adjusters?
Old 12-12-2010, 02:48 PM   #1323
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by defencex View Post
Hi,

the first thing i did, is to modify the rear right height adjusters like it says on this page:

But this seems to be only one factor. What i forget to mention is, that i drive the LE on a VERY high grip carpet track in addition with a 13,5T Graupner motor (about 400W). What i am going to try is another Motor Pod Plate on the left side like V12 said. If this doesnt solve the problem i will try to get this stuff:

http://translate.googleusercontent.c...zJN1NPLajn9Fog
THe Graupner motors do make a lot more noise than any other 13.5 motor.
We often joke that they (used in touring cars) are noisier than the Nitro cars.
I ran one for a short while and it always sounded like the mesh was out, but all the noise vanished when I switched to the X12.
So looks like any slight movement you have may be normal, it is just the motor.
NiMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 07:53 AM   #1324
Tech Fanatic

[QUOTE=Still Bill;8328227]
Quote:
Originally Posted by defencex View Post
Hi,

Dumper. Is this modification recommended with the new CRC rear ride height adjusters?
Gen X 10 LE front plate part# 17401

You might need to do this sometimes...depends on the condition of the ride heights and the motor plate. If they are loose, that is how we tighten them up.
www.teamcrc.com, www.teamscreamracing.com, Outlaw RC Motorsports, KO Propo USA, www.crcraceway.com, Dumper's Speedshop, FB/FX Paint. 38.4mm>38mm, 9 degrees does not = Zero end of story. Vice-President of the F1 Pink Flame Posse
dumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 09:03 AM   #1325
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hey Dumper,
I see you guys raise the rear of the links, what does that do for you? I've never heard of that before. Thanks for all the great info by the way, it really helps us lesser mortals.
phatoscar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 09:38 AM   #1326
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatoscar View Post
Hey Dumper,
I see you guys raise the rear of the links, what does that do for you? I've never heard of that before. Thanks for all the great info by the way, it really helps us lesser mortals.
The height of the links should be the same height as the football pivot. (Center pivot).

If you have your rear links higher then your front it will cause the rear to have some rear steer (which I think sometimes helps). The other way around though tries to spin the car out mid-corner.

Shawn
Shawn68z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 01:14 PM   #1327
Tech Fanatic

Raced the car in Detroit at the Midwest Grand Slam over the weekend. Very little practice do to a blown speed control, but very easy to set up and drive. Did change to 1/12th kingpins and #50 front springs. Very pleased with the car.

chuck
mackin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 07:30 PM   #1328
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackin View Post
Raced the car in Detroit at the Midwest Grand Slam over the weekend. Very little practice do to a blown speed control, but very easy to set up and drive. Did change to 1/12th kingpins and #50 front springs. Very pleased with the car.

chuck
Try the #45 front springs.
Old 12-15-2010, 06:58 AM   #1329
Tech Fanatic

Raising the FRONT of the links gives rear steer (see Tom Firsching's setup). I raised the rear of the links. It was something I tried in my testing leading up to the race. To be honest I was trying to acheive something, and it did not do what I was hoping to do, but I did find that it tightened the car up and kept it very flat. It has an interesting feel to it. I took it off in Vegas only to find that I liked my car better with it raised. I do not feel that it is for everyone in all situations, just another thing to try. I also had this setup on when I won the TimeZone Gran Prix a month later.

dumper
www.teamcrc.com, www.teamscreamracing.com, Outlaw RC Motorsports, KO Propo USA, www.crcraceway.com, Dumper's Speedshop, FB/FX Paint. 38.4mm>38mm, 9 degrees does not = Zero end of story. Vice-President of the F1 Pink Flame Posse
Old 12-15-2010, 06:59 AM   #1330
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackin View Post

chuck
Thanks for the support Chuck! Good to see you back at the Champs.
Old 12-15-2010, 07:03 AM   #1331
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Bill View Post
Try the #45 front springs.
The .45 springs work better on lower bite conditions or slower motor classes. When I travel to a race, I rarely go under .50 front springs. The front tires of a WGT car provide alot of mechanical grip, so a softer front spring in not usually needed. I used .55 front springs in Vegas and the TimeZone race (although both of those races were 10.5 open esc so the cars were pretty fast).

dumper
Old 12-15-2010, 07:14 AM   #1332
sg1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumper View Post
The .45 springs work better on lower bite conditions or slower motor classes. When I travel to a race, I rarely go under .50 front springs. The front tires of a WGT car provide alot of mechanical grip, so a softer front spring in not usually needed. I used .55 front springs in Vegas and the TimeZone race (although both of those races were 10.5 open esc so the cars were pretty fast).

dumper
What's a "dumper"......
Old 12-15-2010, 11:35 AM   #1333
Tech Fanatic

Really looking forward to the open practice day at The Gate on the 2nd and the next round of the Grand Slam on the 8th and 9th. Maybe I'll have a look at 1/12th again too.

chuck
mackin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 12:35 PM   #1334
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Exclamation Of course, "In a Prison Context"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sg1 View Post
What's a "dumper"......
Thats something "He'll have to show you, in person"!

"Every Cemetery in Chicago Votes Democrat!"
el salvador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 01:27 PM   #1335
sg1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by el salvador View Post
Thats something "He'll have to show you, in person"!
If he can catch me