R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-01-2010, 04:36 PM   #1276
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Just picked up an LE and had a couple of quick questions. I don't see the Hupo (2010 IIC) setup mentioned above on CRC's web site, can someone point me in the right direction ? Or, for that matter, to any setups for a smooth carpet track ? Thanks !
Old 12-01-2010, 10:52 PM   #1277
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by inconceivable View Post
Just picked up an LE and had a couple of quick questions. I don't see the Hupo (2010 IIC) setup mentioned above on CRC's web site, can someone point me in the right direction ? Or, for that matter, to any setups for a smooth carpet track ? Thanks !
No problem...

http://www.teamcrc.com/crc/downloads..._2010Birds.pdf

Bill
Old 12-02-2010, 08:44 AM   #1278
Tech Apprentice

I just got the graphite pivot plate (CLN3272) and am confused with the install. Is this supposed to replace the plastic piece, or go on top of it to reinforce the part? It does not seem that the holes in the plate are large enough to pass over the nuts on the pivot plate screws.

Any pics on how this is setup would be appreciated.

I'm using this on a Gen-X LE and the pivot plate seems to be different, do I need a new peice to make this work?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Over-rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 11:12 AM   #1279
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You donīt need this graphite plate. This part was the football thing for the center pivot in the beginning. Later this was replaced with the plastic thing used also with the new LE.
V12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 12:10 PM   #1280
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by V12 View Post
You donīt need this graphite plate. This part was the football thing for the center pivot in the beginning. Later this was replaced with the plastic thing used also with the new LE.
Ok ty, wish I knew this before I bought it.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Over-rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 08:10 PM   #1281
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default gen x le

hi im in Australia just orded my gen x le any set up tips for a mid to lo traction tecnical ashpalt track thanks
"MONEY TELLS NO LIES" SPONSOR WANTED
TOM NAVY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 08:33 PM   #1282
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOM NAVY View Post
hi im in Australia just orded my gen x le any set up tips for a mid to lo traction tecnical ashpalt track thanks
Are you running WGT rules or are you open for foam compounds?

Shawn.
Shawn68z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 05:31 AM   #1283
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn68z View Post
Are you running WGT rules or are you open for foam compounds?

Shawn.
OPEN FOAM 10.5 1S
"MONEY TELLS NO LIES" SPONSOR WANTED
TOM NAVY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 10:28 AM   #1284
Tech Master

We run outdoor asphalt, unprepared track, no additive. Jaco Pink rears and Purple fronts are the ticket. I hear BSR Pink rears are a bit softer, but I don't know where to get them.

My car just hit 88mph. I hope it comes back soon....
JR007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 10:41 AM   #1285
Tech Addict

Yep. Outside Pink Rear, Purple Fronts on the best all around tire, but when grip is low (but not dirty) run White Rears, with Pink Fronts. Odd combo I know, but works well. (Have lots of rears available )

I personally liked the RC4Less wheels, they are stronge, and the foam has lots of grip. I mount donuts 50% of the time so, have a good rim that doesnt melt when removing foam is a bonus for me.

I also ran a 12# to 18# rear spring, 30WT shock fluid, Red side springs, Green Fronts, in a 235 configuration with 2S 10.5BL. 39mm rollout.
Most of the time I did not run any damper tubes on the rear as they fell off all the time anyways. And make sure you use no aluminum screws in the rear pod, and use a touch of thread lock under the head of the screw (not the threads). Other wise the screws will vibrate right out of the pod. 1deg camber, 0 caster block, 2 shims Rear, 1 front. I preload my front springs, but not much, just enough to prevent sag.

Hmm.. Cant think of anyting else. Depending on the body you are running you will have different downforce then what I was running. With the Pro10 body the car was hooked on rails. I have not tried a WGT body yet.

Shawn
Shawn68z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 08:06 PM   #1286
Tech Master

A couple of Q's.
1. Some drivers are using 1/12 front springs. What advantages does that provide?
2. There is also mention of "raised upper arm". I assume this is to alter camber gain. How do you actually do this with the Pro-strut suspension?

3. What settings do people have for front droop (i.e. length of the king-pin). I'm running about 1.5mm, but it looks as though man are having almost zero front droop. Does this have the same effect as a TC by changing weight transfer under acceleration?

Old 12-06-2010, 08:29 PM   #1287
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR007 View Post
A couple of Q's.
1. Some drivers are using 1/12 front springs. What advantages does that provide?
2. There is also mention of "raised upper arm". I assume this is to alter camber gain. How do you actually do this with the Pro-strut suspension?

3. What settings do people have for front droop (i.e. length of the king-pin). I'm running about 1.5mm, but it looks as though man are having almost zero front droop. Does this have the same effect as a TC by changing weight transfer under acceleration?
#1 Dumper told me to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Bill View Post
What does "Upper Arm Height - Raised" as described in Hupo's 2010 IIC setup mean?
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewdoherty View Post
It's an option part that raises the upper hinge pin. It reduces camber gain. I think it started as an oval part...

http://www.teamcrc.com/crc/modules.p...prodID=7718944

Hope to see you in Vegas next Oct...After looking at it, it looks like it is just a spare hinge pin cap placed below the inner hinge pin and then secured with longer screws.
#3 No front droop...With either kingpins.

Last edited by Still Bill; 12-06-2010 at 09:01 PM.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 12:16 AM   #1288
Tech Master

Legend.

I'm going to change my pins over, if Dumper says it's good, i'm not going to argue.

Has anyone tried using a 0š block as a base for raising the top arm? Is it the same as the option part?

Old 12-07-2010, 05:12 AM   #1289
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR007 View Post
Legend.

I'm going to change my pins over, if Dumper says it's good, i'm not going to argue.

Has anyone tried using a 0š block as a base for raising the top arm? Is it the same as the option part?
The stock front springs give you way more traction then you can deal with. On asphalt i would run the stock setup but on carpet the harder springs are the ticket.
Jackson curbs, ready for lift off!
nitrobeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 07:31 AM   #1290
Tech Fanatic

The main reason I started to run 1/12th scale springs was to limit the travel in the front end. I felt that when I was heading into a corner and turned the wheel, the front end dug in and dumped over on the nose. My personal opinion is that there is too much travel for high bit situations. Now that being said, I have been able to get the 1/10th scale front springs to work with decent success lately in my testing. The 12th scale front spring setup has one weakness...very bumpy tracks (like Cleveland). But I guess it is more of a "feel" thing. I feel that 12th scale front springs make the car react quicker and feel more like a 12th scale.

On the otherhand...Tom Firsching has TQ'd Cleveland 2 out of the last three years and won it once on the stock 1/10th scale front springs. Tom is an amazing driver and it works for him. I know he tried the 1/12th scale front springs and did not care for them. So it really is a matter of what feels the best for you and what you can do the best lap times with. That is the beauty of our Gen X 10 series, is that the car is so versitile that it can be fast in different configurations.

Look for my 2010 Vegas and Tom's 2010 Cleveland setups coming to the website very soon.

Thanks for the support guys!

dumper

(Brian Wynn)
Team CRC
www.teamcrc.com, www.teamscreamracing.com, Outlaw RC Motorsports, KO Propo USA, www.crcraceway.com, Dumper's Speedshop, FB/FX Paint. 38.4mm>38mm, 9 degrees does not = Zero end of story. Vice-President of the F1 Pink Flame Posse

Last edited by dumper; 12-07-2010 at 08:37 AM. Reason: I can't spell
dumper is offline   Reply With Quote