V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ah thanks.
V12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 09:28 PM   #108
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to trackdesigner71 Send a message via Yahoo to trackdesigner71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn68z View Post
When is the optional Wide kit going to be available? And how much?

Patiently waiting since Feb. for this car to start shipping. Hopfully this next shipping date will happen. Our season has already started, and I believe their is 12 of us at IROCC waiting for this car.

Shawn.

What track are you at and any chance yiu could get some video from the first race once folks get their cars?
trackdesigner71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 09:32 PM   #109
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackdesigner71 View Post
What track are you at and any chance yiu could get some video from the first race once folks get their cars?
I second that, would like to see some setups and video of race.
Old 04-23-2008, 10:15 PM   #110
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackdesigner71 View Post

I belong to the Island Remote Operated Car Club (IROCC). We are located in Victoria, BC Canada. Our outdoor racing season started 2 weeks ago. We race on a temperary smooth asphault parking lot.

We had 7 pan cars make the first race of the year. It was a non-points race so not everyone was there. There is a real stronge following for the pan cars in our club as the core members of the club race 1/12 indoor during our rainy season (aka winter), and we are lucky enough to have a Corally distributor (T-Bang.ca), and a CRC distributor (Craig Roberts) as members.

I believe the make up of the first race was 4 Coraly, 2 RC10L's, and a Darkside I-Force. There is atleast 12 more pan cars that will be on the track shortly.

Our website is: http://www.irocc.ca/index.php

I will definately take some video, and pictures when all the cars are together.

Cheers,
Shawn.
Shawn68z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 07:20 PM   #111
Tech Initiate

Default New to Pans...

Doe's this car or other 10th scale pan cars run any type of foam front bumper? If not, why not? I am used to seeing Touring cars with the larger foam front bumpers.

I am very interested in this car and know squat about the rims(wheels and tire required for this car). In one of the previous post some one posted sample tires from Stormer I think. It looked like the front wheels were held on with one nut and the rear with multiple nuts or some type of cap piece? How are the held on the axles?

Is there a standard width and diameter for front and rear tires?

Thanks,

Bob
Babalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 09:18 PM   #112
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babalu View Post
Doe's this car or other 10th scale pan cars run any type of foam front bumper? If not, why not? I am used to seeing Touring cars with the larger foam front bumpers.

I am very interested in this car and know squat about the rims(wheels and tire required for this car). In one of the previous post some one posted sample tires from Stormer I think. It looked like the front wheels were held on with one nut and the rear with multiple nuts or some type of cap piece? How are the held on the axles?

Is there a standard width and diameter for front and rear tires?

Thanks,

Bob
These type of cars normally dont ship with a front bumper. Why not? I dont know. I run a nice foam bumper on my 1/12, and I plan on making a TC bumper fit my GenX when it arrives. Could be because of the different body styles.
You are correct about the wheels. The front wheel is held on by a nut, and the rear tires are held on using 4 hex screws. This seems to be the standard. To hold the wheel to the axle, one side is your differential so their is a but that is threaded onto the axle (this nut also adjusts the pressure on the diff balls.) On the other end of the axle (left side) the hub clamps onto the axle. The wheel widths seem to be standardized (probably based on old ROAR rules?), but the diameter of the wheels are definately not standardized. Generally the bigger the wheel, the less foam it has, the better the wheel will work on a high bite track. (less side wall flex, and less chunking).

For more information on how the cars are put together, you should download an assembly manual for the car and read thru it. Most of the manuals are quite clear to read, and will allow you to visualize how it all works.

Shawn.
Old 04-26-2008, 02:21 AM   #113
Tech Regular

anyone knows what are the nut drivers and wrenches size require to build this car?
taz5176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 05:36 AM   #114
Tech Apprentice

Location: Tupperville, Ontario, CANADA - like tupperware but with a population of 450.

I read somewhere that CRC will be testing this car at Hamilton's track in Ontario. Think I'll go and have a look.
CRC
wvince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 07:54 AM   #115
Tech Addict

Has it shipped yet? How about now? ... Now?... Maybe Now????

Now I remember how it felt when I was a kid at Christmas time. I will have to come flying home from work every day to see if my kit has arrived.

Shawn.
Old 04-28-2008, 04:16 PM   #116
Tech Initiate

Shawn,
If you're part of the IROCC group, yours is part of the shipment that went out today!
Mrs. CRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 04:43 PM   #117
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Shipped!

...and I'm leaving for the week.

Well, something to do on the weekend.
ZipZap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 05:35 PM   #118
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. CRC View Post
Shawn,
If you're part of the IROCC group, yours is part of the shipment that went out today!
Thank you, thank you, thank you, and thank you!

I dont think I have ever been this excited for a new car kit yet! Love racing pan car, and any car with the pro-strut front end drives like its on rails!

Shawn.
Old 04-28-2008, 06:14 PM   #119
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. CRC View Post
Shawn,
What type of shipping Overnight or Express ?

Gorden
Gorden Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 06:48 PM   #120
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

What esc/motor/servo will everyone be using? I have a new spektrum dx3 an would like to know what type of reciever to use? As per manual will need rims/tires and will be running on asphalt, some recommendations. Would like to run lipo but will consider nimh. What other tools parts will I need to get up and running? I have Hyperion charger, some hex that were used for my Traxxas E-Maxx. Not sure what else to get, any help would be greatly appreciated.